All-Electric Ferrari Announced for 2025! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

All-Electric Ferrari Announced for 2025!

Discussion in 'Electric Ferraris' started by ingegnere, Apr 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

100 pct.

2. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I wonder if you’ll have to pull the motors and change the brushes every 3 years?

Caphill, INRange and Dom like this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not at the power front, but with electric motors you can add multiple motors, thus having a huge power output. The problems of soulless delivery*, recharging time and range still remain though.

*It was a Jaguar engineer, if I am not mistaken, who said that all electric motors feel the same (i.e. there is not a distinctive character as with ICE), thus new Jags will have to make a difference in other areas against their competitors, such as steering feel and nimbleness.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #54 REALZEUS, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Are you really a Ferrari technician? Their BMEP, thermal efficiency and specific output are top notch. If anything, Ferrari builds the best engines in the world, even if the rest of the car is not at that level.

That's incorrect. It takes millions of years for oil to be formulated. If you keep extracting more than the earth can make, you will run out of it. Also, it is a matter of cost. The harder it gets to reach the more remote deposits, the less viable it becomes. That said, there is still plenty of oil about.

Boomhauer, red passion and ingegnere like this.
  5. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I once read a great book on investing. In it, the author mentioned oil stocks, and the fact that there was always talk about running out of oil, yet they always seem to find more. That book was written in the 1920s.

Technology, technology, technology.

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Very interesting, indeed. One hundred years afterwards though, the consumption is 1000 times that of 1920s, perhaps even more. According to the experts we still have (usable) oil for the next 50 years, or so.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Their thermal efficiency is not top notch at all. Look at the fuel consumption numbers compared to other v8's. It's actually very poor. Ferrari engines are very strong but very dated up until the 458. But even it is a fuel sucking elephant.

Oil deposits are continually being discovered. One of the largest is sitting under an international airport in Britain. Could sustain the planet for 50 years on it's own. Oil is not in short supply it never will be.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If you have such a low opinion of Ferrari engines then you will be horrified at Ferrari motors. The ICE engine turns exploding dead dinosaurs into screaming forward motion. Electric motors are silent wires.

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    When you compare consumption, you have have to take into account BMEP, RPM limit and specific output as well. I am sceptical of what you say, especially if you are an engineer...

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Sorry to intervene, but this is a common misconception. Dead plankton in reality.

Boomhauer and Solid State like this.
  11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Been lied to all these years! Sorry for spreading.

REALZEUS likes this.
  12. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  14. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    You got it. Petroleum is the result of decayed plant material, not animals

15. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    So here is some perspective as a CA resident owning a Tesla. We use to own 2 but I sold mine as I found it an absolute bore to drive.

Our electric bill went from $150ish a month to $1,100 a month.

Sold mine and wife still has hers. In the winter our electric bill should be $100ish, it’s $623.65. More than 5x what is normal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    So go buy a Camry and put F1 sound on in your radio. It doesn’t matter right?

17. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    How much are you driving? That doesn’t seem normal at all.

paulchua and F2003-GA like this.
  18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    A good reason for an Electric Ferrari is that soon there will be places around the world were only electric cars will be allowed like city centers and such
    So it makes perfect sense to at least have one product offering that accommodates that requirement

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I wonder if they will try to make it a hypercar, a supercar, or midrange?

20. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I hope you're right!

EnzoItaly likes this.
  21. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    no the design should be ferrari.

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @INRange for the win!!!

INRange likes this.
  23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Actually, "complete car bans" are what is developing...method of propulsion irrelevant, none allowed...

...found these links to help

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20191011-what-happens-when-a-city-bans-car-from-its-streets

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/car-city-ban

https://www.fastcompany.com/90456075/here-are-11-more-neighborhoods-that-have-joined-the-car-free-revolution

F2003-GA likes this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    As a Purist, I was not too fond of faux elements, although I understand a hierarchy.

Most youngsters I talk to prefer this sound; Ferrari may amplify it purposely.

Of course, some kids that grow up visiting racecourses or are petrol heads will poop the Star Wars sound vs. Mad Max; it's essentially a generational thing, I argue.

Let's not kid ourselves, though; the people that enjoy a loud exhaust passing by their Sunday morning stroll are few and far between. The overwhelming majority of the public eschews the volume and pitch that I particularly enjoy. Hence I never do high revs in highly populated areas outside tracks.

Tron/Star Trek sound you hear above will be adopted because it's more pleasing to the masses in tone and volume. Not saying it's right or wrong, simply my prognostication.

Gary Sandberg likes this.