360 Service near Austin or Dallas | FerrariChat

360 Service near Austin or Dallas

Discussion in '360/430' started by wwtxferrari, Apr 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wwtxferrari

wwtxferrari Rookie

Sep 22, 2015
    I am looking to have a service (all belts, fluids, A/C etc) performed on my 360 and live in between Austin and Dallas. It seems like Norwood, Moorespeed, and Hill Country Ferrari would be potentials to choose from. Just interested in opinions regarding these relative to service, quality, and value. Thanks

2. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lots of folks have said plenty of great things about Josh Hill at Exotic Power & Performance.

gt1995 likes this.
  3. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I can second Josh Hill. He recently moved to Spicewood and has a beautiful shop and does outstanding work.

ItalGerBrit likes this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Brian Crall at Hill Country is one of the top techs in the US and also a frequent concourse judge.

5. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Noblesville, IN
    Norwood is fantastic. Michael is excellent - really knows his stuff, and is and super to deal with.

6. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Call James at Norwood. They're great.

7. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    +1 for Brian

jdlegg likes this.
  8. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    +2 for Brian Call.

9. HJZ360

HJZ360 Karting

Nov 27, 2017
    Weslaco, Texas
    Full Name:
    Harold John Zurlo
    I have used Moorespeed and recommended to others and we have been pleased!

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If you're willing to go into DFW, we've been very happy with our service @ Boardwalk in Plano. Have seen everything thetr from old to new, and from our humble '11 California to a La Ferrari Aperta, and everything in between...T

11. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    -1 for Brian Crall.

Brought our 360 in for flashing slow down light and he was unable to diagnose issue and repair [but said cat is not overheating]
    Then said he is too busy to further investigate the light.
    Very disappointing. Was hoping he was going to be our guy but will not be returning.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sounds like you made him mad.

jdlegg likes this.
  13. wwtxferrari

wwtxferrari Rookie

Sep 22, 2015
    I tried contacting all four of the places being considered and only two responded. I decided to go with Brian, he has a bit of backlog, so it is scheduled for 2 1/2 months from now. I hope maybe he just couldn’t get to your issue just then. Did you discuss possibly looking at in the future. Smaller shops have more limited resources and time constraints. My current service provider (nearer to Dallas) has been making excuses for many, many months- so that is why I needed to look elsewhere.
    Regarding the “slow down” warning, I also have had it intermittently appear for many years, I know it was erroneous (possibly similar to your case). It only appears just after starting and would go out before the car finished warming up, so it definitely isn’t the cat overheating. There are a bunch of sensors involved, and if it is intermittent, it could take awhile to diagnose.

14. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    No, not at all. I did let him know that I was disappointed but it stayed at a professional level on both sides.

15. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I’m partial to Robert Rodgers in Nevada, TX. He’s a two-man shop out on a farm. Robert is an Italian race car guru and I’ve had him work on several Ferraris. When I bought my 360 I confirmed that he works on 360s.

When it’s time for my major, I’ll likely either send it to Robert or Boardwalk.

That said, the records on my car say that Brian worked extensively on it when he was in CA.

16. wwtxferrari

wwtxferrari Rookie

Sep 22, 2015
    I am also very partial to Robert (who has previously serviced the 360 as well as a prior Ferrari). I have no complaint about the quality of his work whatsoever. However, I had been trying to schedule the major service with him for the last seven months, and was still unable to get a commitment as to when he felt he could get around to it any time in the foreseeable future. He also indicated he is becoming less inclined to want to work on “newer” Ferraris. This is what prompted me to have to finally look elsewhere.