Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andynyc

Andynyc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2017
    NYC!

I am trying to wait for a spider, but review like this are making it very difficult to not go out and buy a 765LT immediately.

Thecadster, mkraft3003 and Coincid like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you can find a coupe buy it. The car ticks all of the boxes and I doubt anything like this is coming from any mnfr again. Aside from how incredible the drive is you get the warmest compliments and interest from so many people. For whatever reason this thing makes people want to come check it out. I never get this with the other cars, I cant explain it,

Thecadster, mkraft3003 and Coincid like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 765 marks the end of an era, the likes of which we will never see again.

4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Unfortunately I think this is true...

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agreed. I expect demand for this car to be high and owners to hold them.

6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I can only imagine the power this car would have with electric turbos.
    Next generation Mercedes cars will start to come with them.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I wholeheartedly agree with this review. You stuck the landing, and now I do not need to prepare one of my own. The 765LT is truly best in class. It occupies a lane all by itself. There are a ton of incredible current cars (I would like to own every one of them), but there is simply no car that pushes the envelope in so many different directions. And because of the stupid regulatory environment and virtue signaling, there will never be another car quite like it.

If you have one, keep it. If you don’t have one, get one. You can thank me later....

06viper, FourFiveGreat, Shack and 5 others like this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 765 will never leave my possession. This is precisely the car I have longed for. I had high hopes for the 765 but it has easily eclipsed by a wide margin my most optimistic expectations. I have never said that about any other car.

9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I told myself with every car since my 993 Turbo that I’ll never need anything faster. Clearly that went out the window.

Since driving the LT, I actually don’t even want a faster car. The acceleration is absurd and borderline dangerous on the street. All new models I currently have on order or classics that I’m actively seeking are slower. And that’s ok.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Cant wait to get my car!! How are you liking your turbo S?

11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It’s an incredible car. Rock solid and mountains of torque that you’re tempted to exploit from every stop light. I’m also impressed by the 992 interior and technology.... a big step up from the 991.

765 + Turbo S = perfect pair

12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    First in line for the 765LT spyder at my dealer and reading these reviews makes me very happy :)

Andynyc, Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I like the turbo S a lot but it's just the rear space which stops it from filling that kind of role. I think 765 + s65 would probably do me - esp considering 765 can cover track days

Thecadster likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is exciting to hear about the LT. I was supposed to start picking the color scheme friday for the Spider with my wife but a family issue got in the way. We will go next week to start the process. I’m probably a year out or more foe the Spider but very excited to get the car.

15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    So my STO order just got bounced back due to unavailability of exterior carbon for my September build. Took the opportunity to rethink my spec and decided on Blu Cepheus with yellow calipers and interior accents.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    That’s a bummer about the CF (which I also heard about). I received an email from my dealer on Thursday asking me to start the STO spec, and was planning on Blu Cepheus with some exterior CF and contrast colors. Even though I’m still a bit down the road, I don’t want this to turn into an exercise in futility.

Yours looks quite good, and I could be satisfied with something very similar, but it would be nice to add some orange contrast (if it were me). And if there’s no CF package, one can only hope it isn’t as bad as on the F8.

Well at least you won’t be getting the GPF, where rumors are flying all around for 2022s......

17. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    My SA thinks MY22 cars will get GPF.

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yikes....now you guys got me nervous. I still haven’t punched my order yet. My dealer has been begging me to finish it up for two months, but I can’t find my rhythm on the right spec.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Whatever, your sentiments about Mclaren have been, for those who love super cars, experiencing the 765 is a must. It will be a unique,revelatory experience. The 765 is not for the faint of heart or for those looking for a daily driver. While its objective excellences and stellar capabilities cannot be fully exploited outside of a race track, the emotional intensity and driving thrills engendered, will be 100% experienced no matter the venue.

Thecadster likes this.
  20. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA

Nothing vs McLaren but past history of QC and steep plummeting values keeps me from owning one.. Experiencing it is fine but no ownership for me. I have post traumatic experiences with British cars in general.

21. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA

Now this one, Id like to own. The green and red one/

22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Your car is beautiful!!

Attached Files:

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    There are numerous similar videos and issue with Ferrari as well. Just search here on fchat. You are really missing out out.

JAM1, Shadowfax, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  24. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    There will be some issues, but id rather take my chances with Ferrari and Lamborghini any day.

25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017