Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Del, correct on all counts.
    I will say a close friend sold a car semi recently on BaT and I was surprised they didn’t actually beat him up on the reserve but in fact it was high as he lowered it 30 minutes prior to the end and I was surprised where the car hammered (reasonable but on the buyers side of a deal).

that ultra low mile (2k) red 575 was RNM on BaT at a price that was high and surprised me at how high...and then didn’t pull the same number on the p-car auction site (RNM) that was advertised in a banner ad here for their auctions of non-porsche stuff.

I personally was not buying without a PPI.

Richel is an example of a guy that recently got a great 550 privately and did very well IMO @rhern213 he also did very well with what sounds like a strong maintenance history....on a very desirable TdF car.

F456M, rhern213 and Niteroi like this.
  2. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    This seems WAY too broad of a window (manual v. F1 excluded) as it's historically been a 40k swing for the average market. Unless Hagerty is comparing concours winners vs. ****boxes, which is far from averages.

3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I thought Hagerty got it’s numbers from members but $65 on the low end I agree would be $h*tboxes or salvage title cars on the low end unless they are taking DMV info somehow and an average 575 trades at $80k and people tell the dmv 65 to save on taxes?

4. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Ahh, didn't know they were being shady on the reserves. So what are they actually trying to do, are they giving sellers some sort of ultimatum or black balling them if they don't lower the reserve and sell? I can't imagine just sending a strongly worded email to please lower the reserve would do anything. If that's the case that's pretty screwed up business practice and understandable to jump ship.

Although I don't think them taking too long would be a real deterrent unless someone really needed to get the car sold immediately. I personally wouldn't care for taking an extra 2-3 weeks if it meant that much more exposure and potentially raking in an additional $5-10k.

5. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thank you, although I did get very lucky finding the additional maintenance history thanks to forgotten and jumbled up documents from the previous owner.

6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sorry let me clarify at least on my buddies experience. BaT didn't flinch and allowed him to name his reserve.....(I didn't ask and he didn't tell -- I suppose I could have asked him).....and then as the auction evolved he personally was concerned the car would be RNM so he himself took the initiative to lift reserve and then the car did sell at what felt like a reasonable price if not slightly lower than I thought he might have sold it at. (porsche)

I know one of the Ferrari's semi recently on BaT had a negotiation process on setting the reserve and the seller did accept the lowish reserve BaT required and then the auction went strongly past that BaT required reserve number. Went to what I thought was a reasonable if not high number and the seller thought it still would have run up higher in a traditional auction.

My wife is sick of my diesel custom coach "big Bronco" sitting around not being used so if I sell it on BaT I'll share how things play out with that potential experience. It's at the mechanic and needs some detailing before I reach out to them.

7. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Okay I see, I understood it as if they were trying to push down the reserves after the auctions went live. Yeah in that case if BaT is just not putting the car up for auction at all without agreeing to their reserve then that's an easy decision to go elsewhere.

Niteroi likes this.
  8. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Correct, not only does a seller have to agree to the negotiated reserve BaT asks for (they want a very high sell through rate) if you have a car they are already selling too many of or they just don't like your car they can literally say no. I've also had someone very close to me have their request for sale denied regardless of reserve (that was maybe 18 months ago).

Niteroi and rhern213 like this.
  9. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Not sure if my experience may be skewed by the fact that I was selling a 3.2 Carrera (which were/are selling like hot cakes), but my experience selling about 18 mos ago on BaT was fantastic.

My car was a 1-2 condition, low mile, all original example. I set a realistic but not low reserve which BaT didn’t even blink at. I listed it and the car went past the reserve and sold to a local fellow car enthusiast. I sold the car to a great home, gained a friend, and the whole experience was super easy, including using their photographer package. I can’t recommend enough.

Ruben

10. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Anyone ever have to replace the carbon ceramic brakes on the HGTC pack? Must not be cheap. Does that scare people away?

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Unless they are tracked, the CCM rotors will last a long, long time with only pad replacements that are also lasting quite a while.

12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cars and Bids today had that 2005 Grigio Titanio we have been commenting on with HGTC and very low miles.

I didn't know where this one would go given the rarity and last model year....thought north of $125.....

I would guess the buyer could put another 6k or 7k and not lose any value? it's in a delightful sweet spot mileage wise.

SOLD $130,888 – 2005 575 F1 with 12,347 miles

+) ZFFBV55AX50140946 out of the Santa Barbara area
    +) Grigio Titanio over bordeaux
    +) HGTC, 19” modulars, daytonas, leather shelf
    +) red and black fobs
    +) December 2020 service incl timing belt, some stickies handled, motor mounts replaced, new intake manifold gaskets and hoses installed, battery replaced
    +) 140946
    +) https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rN0Xo5kX/2005-ferrari-575m-maranello

DISCLOSURE -- guys, my life is getting much busier lately and I'm going to try and stay on top of at least the BaT and C&B Maranello sales (I find this interesting) but they might not all be as briskly posted as historically.

Grateful here for all the fun conversations. -- thx -- E

white out and Il Tifoso like this.
  13. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    To me, that was the best all round car I've seen for a while. HGTC package and big recent service and in a sweet spot for mileage.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    HGTCs are pretty rare, so a really good buy. Option price of ~$30K partially recouped in the sale price.

Auraraptor likes this.
  15. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    We need to get Abelton over here to post his new ownership experience!

16. Mellow_Maranello

Mar 16, 2021
    Dallas / Orange County
    Full Name:
    Alistair
    Hello everyone! I purchased the Grigio Titanio HGTC from Cars and Bids last week. I will post a more in depth new member/owner post and more related to the actual car in the next couple of days.

As it relates to this thread, the recent uptick in prices for what I consider average/driver level 550s and the absolute bargain price of 575s led me to switch my focus from 550 to 575 in the last few months.

Long story short the car is beyond awesome and I’m totally over the moon!

I plan on converting to gated manual. I haven’t decided who/where yet (EAG or Exoticars USA, other?) but it will have 3 pedals by year end.

Two final words: Fia Menghi!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

docapl, white out, Il Tifoso and 8 others like this.
  17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    “How to make an entrance” 101.

If you have any question regarding Wil de Groot and the Exoticars operations, shoot me a message. Happy to explain why he’s the best there is. :)

Mellow_Maranello likes this.
  18. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Yes!!!!

19. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #369 Ferrari55whoa, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    @Mellow_Maranello
    Where are you located (SoCal)? GTO Engineering has done one conversion (the red one #129439). No clue if they would do another.

There are quite a few people on here that feel very strongly/positively about the quality of work that deGroot does. I thought he was doing "OEM" conversions so the wait might be quite long?

EAG making parts and assembling kits for local techs to install has to be the quickest way to get a conversion done.....seems like they are very set up on 430 and maybe even 599 kits, not sure how ramped up the 575 process is yet.....very interested in hearing from @dhalperin13 on his "new owner" thread as his process continues with them.

Will look forward to your upcoming "new owner" thread as a way to track your progress on the F1-6MT conversion. We are all going to learn a lot as more of these get done.

Excited for you to be on the forum and congrats on the excellent car!

Mellow_Maranello likes this.
  20. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Congrats and welcome to the club! Beautiful looking rare example you got yourself. There are several new owners that just came on here recently also doing the 575 manual conversions if you run through the threads. It's gonna be great to see everyone's progress and experiences.

brogenville likes this.
  21. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    @Mellow_Maranello

I went to visit EAG in San Antonio. What these guys are up to is just so cool. They have over 70 conversions completed and an in house process designing parts and ECU reprogramming. Give Art a call. PM me if you would like his contact info!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

brogenville and Mellow_Maranello like this.
  22. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
  23. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I had a draft of my BaT review for this one already keyed up ;-) and ready!

Its such a wildcard.

The unknown maintenance without PPI was an issue when I chased this one (in addition to the other issues -- no doc's, higher mileage, etc etc). I'm not wealthy so I didn't have the stomach for the potential "unknowns".

With BaT anything is possible. There could be some "heavies" that come in at the end. Trying to find another nero/nero with those options is not easy.....

24. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Different brand tires front and rear does not give you much confidence on this one.

25. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Taz, I'm just a dumb iowa farmboy at heart so I don't know if you are serious (I agree that's unfortunate on the tires not matching) or if you making a joke. ;-)

The fact that the car had an overfill issue and then they just never addressed the massively overdue belts just seems bizarre to me?

dhalperin13 likes this.