Looking to purchase a 360 | FerrariChat

Looking to purchase a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by envelope57, Apr 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. envelope57

envelope57 Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank Paiano
    I open the front trunk, what should I see. Beige bag strapped in????
    Red bag with the words Ferrari.
    Beige box - mechanics kit?/
    Maybe a cd changer

What am I looking at?

thanks

2. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
  3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I would be a lot more concerned about what lies beneath the aft lid.

Stev-o, DiabloTerr, FerRrari and 7 others like this.
  4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Posts like this remind me of how informative and valuable this forum is. I read, read, read, for months on this forum before even thinking about actually looking to buy a 360. Because of the great folks here and the knowledge from experience, I knew just about everything I needed to know about the model (360) I was looking to buy. What to look for and what to look out for. And of course what those items in the boot were-- and which ones were missing.

Pre-education is the key to a smart buyer and a rewarding Ferrari experience. When I read posts like this I often wonder if these are the folks that later complain about all the "problems" they are having with their car.

To the OP: look in the glovebox and find the Owners Manual. Read it two or three times. Or at least once before you even take the car out of the garage.

RANDY6005, THINKFAST and EastMemphis like this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I’m sure a local 360 owner could pop his fronk for you at an upcoming f car club meetup.... nice way to meet fellow owners and compare notes.

Also as noted some internet sleuthing will reveal the secrets under your fronk!

6. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    a quick googling will show you. This is what mine looks like: a tire inflation repair kit on the firewall and a toolkit in the front. The red duffle bag contains a red indoor cover for the car, 2 covers for the seats and 1 cover for the steering wheel.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. envelope57

envelope57 Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank Paiano
    Thank you, tha'ts what I was looking for

8. envelope57

envelope57 Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank Paiano
    Thank you.

Just trying to be complete, but you are correct.

Sometimes it can be tough to get a mechanic for the PPI (I'm looking in Venice, FL if anyone has a lead on a Mechanic)

9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Look up and PM Artsd on this forum! I bought my fine 360 from Artsd and he lives just up the road from you in Sarasota - without a PPI!! Art might even help you look at the car if you buy him a cup of coffee. I know he had a good shop that he trusted. More than a PPI, I would make sure that the car has exhaustive records of repairs and maintenance. Premium older Ferraris should have records that would rival an aircraft IMO. Would I buy a Ferrari without them? Yep, for $20-30K less I would. Why so much less? Because they will be important to the next owner, too!

If you can at all, try to buy a car that has been owned by someone here on F-chat. Everyone I have met on here has been exceedingly honest and helpful.

10. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    All I can say is to think thrice before considering an F1 Spider 360. Seriously.

Chrisnlbc likes this.
  11. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach
    I can Answer so many questions on this. Get a 430. Seriously, its more up front but so much less painful!

12. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    To the OP, One of the best investments you can make is finding a quality independent repair shop. If someone’s not giving you positive information ignore them, These are not scary cars to work on, Set aside 15 to 20 K in case all heck breaks loose and go get yourself a car.

I talked to the Most well-known mechanics I could find in the Midwest before I bought my 360, All of them told me how reliable the platform is as long as you get a good well serviced car. I have close to 4000 miles on my car since last year and it’s been solid all the way, Including multiple 300+ mile drives. If something breaks fix it, life is too short to be living scared.... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

dbdreams and Skidkid like this.
  13. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    how come is that?

14. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Do a search on F1 and capote issues on the 360 to come to your own conclusion.

15. envelope57

envelope57 Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank Paiano
    Thank you.

16. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Hmm. Well, I own a 360 F1 and of course, they have their problems. I haven't experienced these. I don't know that there is such a thing as a 20-year-old car without issues that have cropped up. If your F1 breaks, fix it. If your capote breaks, fix it. Oh well. It's a car.

E60 M5 and Skidkid like this.
  17. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm glad to hear that if your F1 and capote breaks down more often than usual, you'll gladly have it fixed. I like that spirit. Enjoy it with good health while you can.

18. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    gladly might be stretch. The point is, Ferraris break. Even 430s. And when Ferraris break, it’s usually expensive. I don’t believe that 360s are any more repair-intensive than any other older Ferrari.

Folks with problems are going to tend to come to F-chat and post about them, so I don’t know that measuring car reliability through that lens would be particularly accurate.

DiabloTerr, Skidkid and EastMemphis like this.