328 Fuse box Replacement | FerrariChat

328 Fuse box Replacement

Discussion in '308/328' started by AP328, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    My fuse box ('89 GTS Swiss Car) has gone on the AC circuit and it looks like others are about to go. I have search this forum and not found a lot about the replacement of 328 Fuse boxes and what has proven successful. I did see a few posts that replaced the board with wiring, which I don't really want to do. What other solutions have worked?

2. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    So, no one has a response???

3. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    Superformance sell a bare PCB for a huge cost, which would mean unsoldering all connectors and swapping over to the new board or sourcing new connectors.

There was someone on this forum a while ago who was also making them, it would be a case of searching. It was a couple of years ago.

4. SYake

SYake Karting

May 15, 2005
    NoVA
    Check with GT Car Parts in Phoenix AZ.

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Here's the thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/163273-new-mondial-fusebox-done.html
    Spans several years of "development", and no link to whether they became readily available.
    Many posters went with the GT Car Parts rebuild. (google for "328 fuse board")

It was for a Mondial, and his profile shows he hasn't been on in about a year.

The OEM boards are multilayer, so not an easy home build.
    But one of the biggest issues is the edge connectors.

6. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    Thank you for the information.

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #7 Alden, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Check with user Guido or Stefan in the Mondial section, Guido makes fuse boxes that look like they belong in a Russian tank! About $650. No core exchange necessary.

Guido's boxes are hard wired and include new gold plated connectors for the white plugs, very robust and I don't see any way they could fail.

Found a link from Guido with pics and post #10 is about a 328 fusebox:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q-sponsored-algar-ferrari/526685-10-years-later.html
    Alden

8. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    I went ahead with GT Car Parts and will report my experience once I get it back and in the 328. Thanks for all the help everyone.

moysiuan likes this.
  9. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Scuderia Rampante has replacement boards on their website.

10. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    Was GT Car Parts able to provide you with a good Fuse Block?

11. blownfuse

blownfuse Karting

Jul 16, 2012
    Campbell, California
    I got a replacement box from GT Car Parts for my Mondi 3.2 and the thing is massive. They reuse your connectors, but the board is a brand new super heavyweight copper PCB. It would take a lightning strike to burn through that thing...

moysiuan likes this.
  12. David Bacon

David Bacon Rookie

Sep 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Bacon
    Hi - I wonder if anyone has a fuse box suitable for a Ferrari 328 that they are willing to part with. Thank you David

13. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Suggest try Eurospares, I think they are breaking several 328s

14. David Bacon

David Bacon Rookie

Sep 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Bacon
    Thanks for the reply - I have already tried them and they don't have anything at the moment.

15. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Hi, David
    I did start a conversation with you.
    Guido

16. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    I did use GT Car Parts back in 2016 and while it took a while to get, it has worked flawlessly since.

17. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I just had mine completely rebuilt, call Ferrari South Bay, Torrance California, I dont know where they sent it, all my electrics are now working perfectly. Rod at FAI, Costa Mesa, hes ass****, but I heard he rebuilds them,they may even had sent it to him, I would not be surprised. I paid 1000.00 for the rebuild. You can also call Fast Cars Redondo Beach, Ca, I know they do the Testarossas fuse board rebuilds, its a lot better than buying a used one. I hope this helps.

Thank you

18. David Bacon

David Bacon Rookie

Sep 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Bacon
    Thank you for your help guys.

I was considering GT Car parts but am concerned on the turn around time plus shipping it from the uk.... i have contacted them but the response is sketchy; the other option is from Guido but that means changing the connectors. and losing the insulating blocks from around the fuse terminals.

If I could find a used fuse box I would send it out and have it refurbed and get one back into circulation

19. David Bacon

David Bacon Rookie

Sep 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Bacon
    How long did it take to turn it around? Thanks David

20. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    I don't recall exactly how long it took, but I think it was several weeks. As an aside they are based in Arizona, not the UK.

21. David Bacon

David Bacon Rookie

Sep 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Bacon
    Yes I realise it is the US hence my concern about sending my fuse box out

22. stonker

stonker Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Stonker
    Older thread but thought I'd just mention that I got one of Guido's fuseboards for my 328 in the UK and it fixed all of the electrical niggles including the common fuel pump issue. Also dash lights seems brighter. The board is great quality and built to last. Guido sent detailed fitting instructions and was very helpful.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

maurice70 likes this.
  23. David Bacon

David Bacon Rookie

Sep 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Bacon
    I went with GT Car Parts upgraded board in the end - took less than 2 weeks to turn around and was a straightforward fit. Everything working well - no more random headlights…

24. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Beautifully finished with all respect. Enjoy you car !

25. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I purchased a new fuse board from GT, it is well made and completely plug and play. They use your old fuse board core, if you want to pay more they may have a core themselves and you can order the item for direct installation. Cost is fine for what it is, and should last 20+ years.

My understanding the is the Guido board is the best built out there, but does require some modification to the wiring connectors. For those who want to fuss a bit, this would be the last fuse board you would ever need, and the connectors are part of the weak link of the stock offering. For those who want a stock like plug and play, the GT Board would be the way to go.