FCA Membership (?) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Membership (?)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mirek, Apr 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I am an FCA member since 45 years and live 5'000 miles away from the U.S.

Marcel Massini

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Cool, I joined in April of 1976. Seems like yesterday. Manfred Lampe talked me into joining.

3. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Exactly! Could you imagine them meeting for lunch at a roadside barbecue place like used to happen? Nope. Gotta be somewhere really fancy. Nothing at all wrong with fancy as long as that’s not all or the majority of what you do. IMO, it’s gotten really over the top. Way to country club for my taste.

4. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    In forty five years and hundreds of transatlantic flights I would expect that your frequent flyer miles were really worth something! I cannot count the number of car shows where we have met.

Best regards old friend,

Robert

Marcel Massini likes this.
  5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ummmm...are you confusing us with the Porsche club? LOL! All kidding aside, this does not sound at all like the guys that join here on Long Island. They are the most welcoming, down to earth guys you can imagine. Is there the occasional DB? Of course but very few and far between. The one thing I never do is ask what a newbie member does for a living. I couldn't give a rats butt! We welcome them in and get to know them and make sure they get involved with the club and our events (and we have many). Then if it comes up in convo that he is an MD, so be it. What I find most amusing is that I get asked how much the yearly dues are by a guy in a $500k Pista! Come on!
    Trust me the FCA is worth every penny. Come to LI and we will welcome you with open arms :)

SCantera, MaurizioAM, HotShoe and 2 others like this.
  6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm the former President of the FCA GA chapter. Membership is what you make of it, but I've been a member for 25 years, and loved it. I highly encourage membership you will meet life long friend, and it will impact your life for the better. Not to mention some cool cars.

papou, Gary Sandberg and jm2 like this.
  7. ScottJon

ScottJon Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Hollywood. Ca. USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Leibow
    i joined and continue membership. I really like the Southern California chapter, I’m in Hollywood area. I have gone on several of the group rides and have enjoyed each one. I haven’t met as many people as I would like because of COVID but I hope that changes in the future. Of the people I have met, they have all been super nice. I recommend it, I certainly can’t speak for other areas of the country but this group is cool.

Mirek and jm2 like this.
  8. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I just joined last week, but I’ve been going to the public FCA meets for about a year now. It’s been great, great people and pop up events. Good organization to be a part of, money well spent.

9. Clint 360

Clint 360 Rookie

Apr 25, 2018
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Full Name:
    Clint
    We are pretty lucky in Queensland (Australia) the club has been flat out with more events than previous years. They are good social events where you get to drive and look at other Ferrari’s happy days!

10. Fiorano 550

Fiorano 550 Rookie

Dec 18, 2012
    If you have all the friends you need or want, and do not want any new experiences to liven up your life, Do Not join the FCA. It is said a Ferrari is the ticket to more fun life experiences. Joining the FCA has made my ticket (488 GTB) good at places like the country gas station and cafe where I meet for a cheeseburger and two hours of mountain driving with three or four of my FCA buddies. Or to Maranello for a personal tour of the Classiche Dept and the unveiling of the new F1. People and places I would never have even thought of without the FCA. Sorry though I am one of those MDs that another FerrariChat member was concerned about (retired surgeon no less) It’s all good! Enjoy

bball16 likes this.
  11. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    sisiay, Bill Phillips and ridege55 like this.
  12. mjz

mjz Karting

Aug 3, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I recommend joining FCA and getting involved at local events. We have been members for almost 20 years with several Ferraris (F430 one of my favorites!).
    Here is a video link to an event we just did last Saturday at a local distillery - drive + 'tasting':
    Great fun!
    (Play the whole video - drone was awesome)

bernieb and Mel Spillman like this.
  13. dgunn365

dgunn365 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    New London, NH
    Full Name:
    David Gunn
    I am sure the 'old timers' will agree with two things; 1) to a certain extent you can be an influence; at some level within FCA; and 2) it is no longer 1974 (when I joined) and change is inevitable; within any group. Avoiding judgement on whether it is for better or for worse means you are adjusting. FCA is not at all hard to enjoy.

jm2 likes this.
  14. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    I’ve been a member for about five years since I bought my car. We have a pretty active Central Florida chapter with many events each year that make it well worth the cost of membership. The annual national meetings are also lots of fun and provide the opportunity to talk with fellow enthusiasts, have your car judged by national experts (if you wish), do road rallies and track time, and other events as well. Of course, the meeting moves about the country so some years it is easier to attend than others.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bball16 likes this.
  15. Mike-456M

Mike-456M Rookie

Jun 10, 2016
    If you have the time, get involved and increase the activity level. Once someone takes the initiative others will often join in. Every member has ideas about what they would like their local chapter to do.

16. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    There is the FCA Experience coming up at the Broadmoor in CO. Should be a fantastic event!

Nospinzone likes this.
  17. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Wow....55 years!!! I salute you Sir!!

I am just a junior member at 45 years ;)

18. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Seems like a few 45ers are on here.

I joined in May of 76.....when I bought my first GTC from Ed Waterman at Thorobred Motorcars in Arlington VA.

Have been active in both the FL [Naples] and now just getting started in NC. Once I have my many projects at my home completed I will host and organize some drives in the NC mountains. NC and FL both have active Chapters. One day I gotta do the VIR event w/ the NC/SE region!!!

jm2 likes this.
  19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Very cool. Think about that, 45 years!

20. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I try not to....makes me think I might be old....lol!! I am not old dammit!!!

jm2 likes this.
  21. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I was in the SC Chapter for 3 years but dropped out with all but one event occurring at least a 2-hour drive or more from our area. I'd estimate there had to be nearly a dozen F cars locally, and maybe 4 FCA members, but it was difficult to get local non-members interested and most of the events within range were oriented towards "fine dining." Best experience was attending the national meet in Daytona - worst was having my input brushed off when the chapter was planning the one local event in our area.

I'll probably try again now that I live in AZ.

22. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Glad you came to the Daytona event.

My job was to run the Awards Ceremony Dinner. Typically these Annual dinners ran for 5+ hours and every attendee would become bored to tears. I bucked/ignored the FCA execs and ran it on my own tight schedule. Including the 1 hour cocktail time I got the entire ceremony over in 2 hours and 58 minutes. My target was 3 hours.

As a 45 year FCA member I stopped going to these Award Ceremony dinners until I was given the job to right the ship. I doubt anyone will ever beat my time. [patting myself on the back...lol]

straightpipe and BruceC like this.
  23. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I’m a new member in CO and I’m signed up for Colo Springs!

Should get a chance to meet some of you before then. Looking forward to it!

SCantera likes this.
  24. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have belonged since buying my car in 2007. Lots of great events and have made some life long friends. I am now president of our Central Coast chapter

SCantera and Mirek like this.
  25. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Awesome and I hope to see you around. Appreciate the feedback.