The Purosangue Thread | Page 58 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    You don’t need to read my posts neither.

Senad likes this.
  2. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    All the renderings seen these last months (years?) show a massive SUV, with the proportions of a high clearance car, with a high roof and much space inside, as for the Cayenne, Range, and so on.

The mules spotted show a car that will finally be not that high and not that big, much more like the Taycan Sport Turismo - maybe not that « thin ».

I’ll be curious to see other renderings with these same proportions as for the mules.

3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If they want more practicality then just do a beautiful Porsche Panamera with a V12.

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I agree with you, the Purosangue mules we've seen until now with the Levante body are all sitting very low to the ground and the renders aren't. This suggests that the Purosangue won't be an SUV or a Crossover like others but eventually a vehicle more oriented towards road performance and perhaps, an evolution of the GTC4 with four doors and more valencies.

Caeruleus11, italiafan and 456-boy like this.
  5. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    It's about time we should see a real spoiler! :)

6. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The sketch at the top is great, I admit I like that!! Wheels a bit too big and ground clearance still a bit too high (compared to the mules), but work done in this sketch is well executed and integrates the recent aesthetic codes from Monza and Roma.

7. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I for one do not understand this. Why do a SUV at all if not for the ride height and space? A Macan size SUV from Ferrari makes very little sense to me, especially if they intend to charge $250k+ for it. I am genuinely curious regarding this new product.

willcrook and Bas like this.
  8. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    This is a Ferrari SUV. Will most likely start around $300k.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    This is what I first thought too. But then I remembered that Ferrari communicated on the fact it will be totally different from what we are used to. It will be a FUV, not a SUV.

Ferrari produces sports and GT cars, and I’m quite sure they don’t want to go with a true AWD utility car like the Range or Land that go off road. Actually, how many of the SUVs produced really go off road?
    The Purosangue will be in the logical line of the FF and GTC4 Lusso, offering space for 4 people, with AWD and 4 doors, but not meant to do off road.

That’s the new concept.

Edit: I just read what MDEL wrote, after writing my post. Sorry for repeating

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly my thinking. I try to keep an open mind about this car but so far all spyshots show a car what's best described as a ''raised estate car''...If Ferrari wants a more practical Lusso (read: 4 doors), why not simply do that? A ''fast'' SUV is inherently flawed, as is a raised Estate car. Neither really make sense to me.

That said the Urus has grown on me quite a bit, but again...if push comes to shove I'd walk right past the Lamborghini dealer and enter Bentley instead and get the Bentayga. Comfort in such cars beats sportiness 99% of the time.

WilliamB likes this.
  11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I personally would walk right past both of them since no amount of squinting can hide the fact (to me) that they are both Q7's with fancy clothes. My choice would be either the DBX or the Cullinan.

WilliamB likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True they are Q7 under it all...just really like the Bentley as it's genuinely luxurious which is what you want from a 4x4. I'll leave the sports bit to sports cars.

DBX very pretty, Cullinan extremely spec sensitive but I'm also one of the few people that quite likes that car...

Caeruleus11 and [gTr] like this.
  13. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I did a 200-mile rally in our Lusso this weekend. It was flawless and amazingly comfortable given the twisty roads, uneven surfaces, and pure pace of it. On top of it all it was pouring rain halfway through. All it was missing was 2 extra doors in the rear. They have the right formula already.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ANOpax, uhn2000, MDEL and 2 others like this.
  14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    agreed, if they don't actually make it an SUV then it wont get the sales imo. it has to be big and brash

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    They’ve said openly that they aren’t. That’s why they call it an FUV.

456-boy likes this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think we have to consider this not in SUV terms but on Ferrari terms. I think this can actually be a great modern Ferrari, its all in the execution so lets see what they do. I have one big concern with this vehicle, and its not styling, the engine, etc. I think they will deliver. The Purosangue must handle potholes and cracks in the road surface in such a way that it is not constantly damaging wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  18. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I agree, this is more Lamborghini than Ferrari.

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    lol, they can call it what they want but I struggle to see the point or appeal if it has none of the advantages an SUV brings but all of the disadvantages

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Remember they also said it won’t be known for climbing rocks. A high performing crossover car is what it sounds like. All I’m doing is telling you what they said. We’ll have to wait and see.

21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I really doubt that. If they are actually able to keep the V12 alive, they will prioritize it for the 812 successor. Imagine the 812 successor being a V8 and then wasting the V12 on the FUV. If they do that, someone has truly lost the plot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ferrarifanatic25 and 456-boy like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They are all ugly.

23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not at all too short. It just depends on how far back it sits. If Mercedes could shoehorn a V12 into a car as short as the G that says a lot for packaging. If you look at the font of an 812, there's a ton of room in front of the engine. If you look at an 812 from the side, the engine stops where the wheels start. They are smaller than you think.

24. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I understand this very much but lets face it, for most people the advantages of the SUV are a better view of the road and a feeling of safety, and maybe more perceived cargo space.

Surely Ferrari can deliver theses things.

What are the disadvantages of SUV? Higher center of gravity, more fuel consumption due to aero and drivetrain losses, higher weight? All of these can be mitigated to some degree.

Lets face it the 250 GT was an incredible car in its day, they made it less performance oriented with the California, but that is what buyers wanted and that is what they delivered.

I am sympathetic to the argument against the Ferrari SUV, but I also am trying to keep an open mind and thinking they might just surprise us. I don’t think it will be a rebadged Maserati SUV.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

WilliamB likes this.