What concept cars will be on the lawn at Pebble beach and at the Quail?l? | FerrariChat

What concept cars will be on the lawn at Pebble beach and at the Quail?l?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bitzman, Apr 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I am planning my annual Monterey Week trio but want to know what "dream cars: (did I reveal my age?) will be on the lawn at these events. Any newcomers like the Detomaso P72 I saw a couple years back? The Maserati MC20 is a production car so not a dream car. Anybody cooking up a list? Does Pebble still have seminars where designers speak or is the whole Retro thing indoors cancelled while the concours is allowed to go on because it's outdoors.

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Automobilia Monterey has cancelled for 2021. If you've gone, it's entirely indoors at the Embassy Suites, so it's certainly possible that other indoors only events could cancel.

Automobilia Monterey, the largest international vintage automotive collectibles show in the US, held each August as part of Car Week in Monterey, California has been cancelled for 2021, which would have been its 18th year, due to current governmental restrictions, and what will likely be a continuing concern for the health and safety of all participants.

3. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Apparently the Carmel Mission Classic, which I've never been to but have friends who enjoyed it, has also deferred to 2022...

We regret to announce that, unfortunately, due to the uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic and restrictions, and concern for the safety of all our participants, we have decided to cancel the 2021 Carmel Mission Classic.
    We want to thank all our friends, supporters and sponsors who have made this show a great success in the past. We hope to see all of you next year for the 2022 event.