F8 - Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F8 Ferrari Allocation Process - F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Level7, Jan 21, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    How so?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    I thought that I would update my original posting. Obviously, this is just a "data point" and I might have been in the right place at the right time. I originally placed an order for an F8 Tributo at the end of December 2020 - just before the holidays. At that time I was told to anticipate a May build and a June/July delivery time frame. Spider orders, my original desire, were out 12 to 18 months. I kept with the Tributo and made the second deposit beginning of Febuary 2021. As everyone knows, the Ferrari web site has zero value - still shows me as wait listed. So, I decided to reach out to my sales agent to get an update. I was shocked to hear that my build was in production and to anticipate an end of May delivery. This amounts to basically a five month turnaround from original order. I know from reading other posts that this is not necessarily typical, but I wanted to report my experience and dumb luck. My build is not out of the ordinary. I guess that between the dealer and when the order was placed I got lucky. I do know that someone else on FChat who just received his F8 had a six month process. His spec was very similar to mine. So, perhaps the recent trend for F8 Tributo production is reasonably 5 - 8 months. FWIW.

Tomnguyen, TR007, Drson and 2 others like this.
  3. Tomnguyen

Tomnguyen Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 7, 2016
    OR
    congratz!! I recently took delivery for my and yes 5-6 months turnaround is totally possible. I believe it is because Ferrari is public trade company now so they do need to make sure their quota meet each quarter . Usually dealers communicate and submit customer orders in beginning of each quarter. And It seems like ferrari more than often gives out extra slots for their dealers to cover up all the last one or two clients on the list for that quarter and oi insure they beat the quota for the next report.

GT2goneF likes this.
  4. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I ordered mine in mid January. It has been showing "waiting list" on the My Garage section of the Ferrari app. since then. I called my dealer this week to see if he has heard anything, he said it is in production. I went back to the app and the photo of the F8 has changed, it is more zoomed in than before. when I go to the photos section, there used to be nothing, now it says, "IN PRODUCTION" and in a photo "Your car photos will be available soon!"

I hope this is progress??

Brian Sadler, Cigarzman and jm2 like this.
  5. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Even though I received my first production photo from Ferrari, the web site still lists my build as Wait List. I am relying on the info from my sales agent. Others have posted that the info on MyFerrari is either not accurate or out of date - ie. they receive photos of their car in production after it is on the ship! I would rely on the info from your dealer.

6. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Just got update from my dealer that my status is 10R.

GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  7. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Two weeks ago my status was 40, which means Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options). Seems like our builds are relatively close together. When I found out about status code 40, that was my first update from the dealer. Then, about one week later I received the standard photo of the body on the production line from Ferrari - it was emailed directly to me. Nothing since the first photo.

8. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just received status 40 this morning from my dealer as well, he said that I am now about 3 weeks away from finish. He also said I should start seeing the standard three photos shortly.

9. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    They will ship the car as complete before you see the last few photos, the timing is totally off, they car is way ahead of photo release.

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ive posted this before but I’ll do it again to give everyone a relative glimpse into Ferrari build times. Chip shortages abs Covid may vary these times:

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 - Painting
    40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
    60 - Finishing
    70 - Testing (road/track)
    85 - Storage
    90 - Water (intransit)
    91 - In Port
    92 - PDI completed
    93 - Shipping to dealers
    94 - Dealer stock
    94 - Red - retailed
    95 - Submit to factory

My times for certain stages (from March through August 2019) were:

10 - 10 Red 5.0 weeks
    10 Red - 20 3.5 weeks
    20 - 70 2.5 weeks. September 26 - October 15
    70 - 90 1.5 weeks
    90 - 91 3.0 weeks
    91 - Delivery 3.0 weeks

Blu Tour de France Build Times
    March 30, 2019 Allocation offered
    May 9, 2019 - Status 10 - Order submitted
    September 26, 2019 - Status 20 - Chassis assembly
    October 8, 2019 - First build pic
    October 11, 2019 - Second build pic
    October 14, 2019 - Status 70
    October 17, 2019 - Status 90
    October 18, 2019 - Third build pic
    November 22, 2019. - Status 91- In port
    December 3, 2019 - Status 92 Waiting on transport
    December 9, 2019 - Status 93 Shipping
    December 13, 2019 - car arrived at dealership
    December 16, 2019 - delivered to me

egt1165A, carz72, Gh21631 and 5 others like this.
  11. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Thank you for reposting. I tried searching FChat for this info and could not find the most recent codes, etc. Great info!

Potentialshock and SoCal to az like this.
  12. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    pninja005, Drson, GT2goneF and 4 others like this.
  13. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    If I go by the time period between photos of my build and the dates I received each one, Ferrari can now build a car in just a few days.

I just received my final photo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

pninja005, Chizz, F2003-GA and 12 others like this.
  14. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    I am jealous! Hahaha. Just checked with my dealer again and he said pretty much no way anything is happening in 6 months for me. I ordered mid January. Hurry up and wait is the name of the game I guess.

Senna1994 likes this.
  15. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Who is your dealer?

Based on my limited experience I can now say that anyone trying to draw direct conclusions/comparisons to other people's total build time frames for the same model is a lost cause. There are too many variables including the overall vehicle model production cycle, the specific Ferrari dealer, their allocations, and when they put your order in vs another. I can easily see that my 5 - 6 month experience was just being in the right place at the right time. I am not going to assume that on my next order the timing is similar!

However, your dealer should be able to set reasonable expectations in terms of their allocations, etc. From the time that I actually made the initial deposit, the time frame that my dealer told me has been basically spot on. (Actually they told me a May production time frame and it ended up being April.) And, they gently pushed me along to lock in my build spec early. They told me that once I had committed to the build spec, then there is a bit of luck in terms of an opening in production and the factory picking certain builds that are locked and ready to go.

I have a strong sense that my dealer knew their allocations, number of orders ahead of mine, etc. and based on that info, they reasonably set expectations.

Good luck and as others told me, waiting is part of the overall experience!:)

16. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    My dealer is Ferrari of Austin, TX. They never told me 6 months btw, they always have said about 8 months. I ordered in mid Jan and they called med to finalize my order on 3/31. I never asked about allocations etc, guess I should have done more reading before I plopped down the deposit. Oh well........I will hope that its Aug/Sept delivery and not running behind. Ferrari app is down again and telling me my password is wrong....piece of crap. So I dont even know if its gone 10R at this point.

Senna1994 likes this.
  17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I am in the exact same position as you.

18. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    My dealer told me that my order would not get into the queue in Italy until I confirmed the spec. He encouraged me to confirm the spec ASAP once I put my money down. I put the money down 1/19/21 and confirmed the spec on 1/28/21. 10R on April 10th. We shall see..........

Senna1994 likes this.
  19. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    If that is true I am going to be VERY annoyed with the dealership! I put my deposit down in mid-Jan as well and they only confirmed my build on March 30th. I would have confirmed that day if I had know this was how it worked.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They are most definitely behind these days and that's not likely to change for a while.

21. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    When is your car expected to get here? I ask because I just received my second photo yesterday. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    I received my second photo on a Monday. The third and final photo was received on Friday morning - just four days later. When I spoke with my dealer on Friday, he told me that my car was already on the water. My sense is that it will be delivered to port by the end of this month. Hope that this info helps.

nlpamg likes this.
  23. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I received my final photo on March 20th but the car still has not arrived at my dealer. It’s been almost 3 weeks since it got the US. Waiting for the call any day (I hope!).

nlpamg, Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Welcome to US ports and Customs. Since COVID, it is taking significantly longer than usual. In addition, there is major issues with transportation. Haulers are short and merchandise is backed up. To add insult to injury, you have to wait for travel and then 1-2 week PDI (usually 1 week or so). That is if you take the car as is with no dealership arrangement for PPF. So be patient. The tweaking gets worse as the car gets closer. Then it will be all serenity, like receiving that long-longed hit. We have all been through that. Welcome to the biggest and most expensive addiction ever.

RoadRonin, Hunter911 and Chizz like this.
  25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats Alan Enjoy

Level7 likes this.