Looking to sell and wondering how much my 1974 dino, european style series 1 , 308gt4 worth? | FerrariChat

Looking to sell and wondering how much my 1974 dino, european style series 1 , 308gt4 worth?

Discussion in '308/328' started by gio1234, Apr 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Darn, I should buy yours just to have something to drive! My ‘74 Euro has been in the shop so long getting sorted after I bought it, I have missed every local get-together and drive. It’s killing me. Straight forward work, but the shop is sooooooo slooowwwwww. But they are good people and passionate about what they do, and I trust them. Anyway, looks very nice. Unfortunately, mine is also red. Don’t know if I could have two red GT4s (paging Rob Garven!).

I am biased, but I believe you (we) have the most desirable model, that being a Series I Euro, though sure others have their own opinion. Being in Canada makes it slightly more challenging.

Tempting.

2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    I would check the sold listings on bringatrailer as an indicator but a lot depends on who is looking at the exact time you are selling. I would guess $50k to $55k. Get a couple of bidders that click with your car and the price could be $65k. Does the engine still have the original sodium filled valves? Has the suspension been refreshed?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #4 samsaprunoff, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021

Good day Giovanni,

Nice GT4! I was curious if you bought your GT4 from someone in AB? If so, was the car originally from Italy? I ask, as if two previous questions are yes, then I may have some background info (nothing bad, just the fellow's name, etc) on the original owner that imported into Canada and some early service history. Send me a PM if the above is the case.

As for pricing... check some of the BaT (Bring a Trailer) 308GT4 prices. Also as an FYI...there was a relatively recent sale of another Canadian 308GT4 (USA version with an older resto) that sold on here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1975-308gt4.576838/

The last price indicated was $58K CAN

Cheers,

Sam

4. classicalfas

classicalfas Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2012
    Gardiner, NY
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    I purchased the ‘75 series 1 car mentioned above. 58k CDN was the number. Missing some items, tools, jack, original steering wheel, spare tire, front bulk head cover. It has nice paint, nice interior, recovered front seats, dyed rears. Needed tires, just old. This car was refreshed in 2010. Rebuilt motor, trans, complete suspension including new Koni’s. Repaint. Driven only 3800 miles and under 350 since 2017 after a full major service. The car is amazingly rust free, inside the bottom of the doors are super clean. The parts missing are being acquired, steering wheel has been found and recovered. Other parts are not too far behind. I was looking for a Euro but nothing popped up, so purchased this N.A. one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2cam likes this.
  5. gio1234

gio1234 Rookie

Apr 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    giovanni veltri
    Hello Steven,

I received your email and replied then got a message from ferrarichat. You can contact me on my email ([email protected]), and we can discuss your offer.

Thanks,

Gio

6. gio1234

gio1234 Rookie

Apr 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    giovanni veltri
    Also thank you to everyone who has replied, it has helped me a lot.