360 Exhaust Upgrade | FerrariChat

360 Exhaust Upgrade

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by piper2642, Apr 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piper2642

piper2642 Rookie

Mar 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    West C Solloway
    I just bought my first Ferrari. I got it from an estate and have no history but did get a PPI. All checked out pretty good but since I have no history I am doing a major service, replce blown clutch and service INOP A/C system. While all is apart I am going to replace the exhaust. I just got a used set of Fabspeed headers with the blankets along with their older Muffler (see Ebay auction # 133667560873 ) for specifics. The system was missing the cats / bypass pipes and the exhaust tips. I am leaning toward the Cat bypass pipes and leaving the stock tips (w Valves). Not really sure how this will workout as I'm not quite sure if the muffler is designed to utilize the stock valved exhaust tips. In addition I have heard / read about O2 Extenders for the cat bypass pipes. These "extenders" appear to be just very mini Cats that I suppose trick the ECU into thinking the Cats are still in place. Is that true. Most info on the subject does not really get into it in detail. At first I was considering buying the complete current system direct from Fabspeed but I just could not wait the 8-12 weeks for delivery; but in that system Fabspeed has you send in the ECU's to be reflashed. My mechanic says that is not necessary. More conflicting info. Another item just for fun, Dan from NormalGuySupercar on Utube has convinced me to utilize the Muffler from Kline for both performance and sound, + add The Forza control so I can manually control the Valves. So in conclusion- Ultimately Fabspeed headers w/blankets, Capristo Cat Delete pipes, Kline Muffler and tips (with valves) will be my final system. Do I need to flash the ECU's and/or buy the O2 Extenders? Answers to any or all of these questions will be greatly appreciated and if I need the "exteders" where to buy them.

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    If you can find it, get a Sports exhaust with all the stock headers and bypass valves. That comes on a CS and really nothing after market sounds that good, with no CEL errors.

f355spider likes this.
  3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Kline will sound incredible. You will need extenders, and even with them, no guarantee of avoiding CE lights. Won't need a reflash, but that would be one way of turning off the CE light for "low catalyst efficiency". Side benefit might be a few more ponies. Check into MASE if they offer anything for tuning. I would ignore Dan for advice...

4. Jerad Millermon

Oct 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jerad M.
    Just making conversation but why spend 1000$ on someone else programming it. I went to ebay and bought a KESS programmer for 90$ and it comes with everything you need to read and write your ecu. The software walks you through the entire process. If your smart enough to pull your ecu's off then you can do the tune. You can download and save your original ecu file. You can remove cats, remove speed limit. Make your gas pedal % same as throttle body%, add stage one tune. I just did mine last week for the first time ever. cheaper then buying o2 extenders
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    This unit comes with required software to read and write to ECUs?

6. Jerad Millermon

Oct 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jerad M.
    The one I bought had everything, I already programmed my ECU's 5 times playing around with different settings. The only thing you will need is a 12 volt supply to turn the ecu on for programming it. I just used a 12V car battery.