575 manual watch, Europe | Page 30 | FerrariChat

575 manual watch, Europe

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin

Approx 4 1/2 mins in... don’t think Mr H agrees with the above.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    #727 Themaven, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    And as well as the zero manual 575s for sale in the UK market, a quick look at the mobile.de site shows just 2 available in Europe on their listing right now.

I haven’t been keeping track of Europe 575 manual listings at all times since the start of this thread, but 2 is the lowest number I have seen on sale at any time.

F456M likes this.
  3. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Think of it like the prelude to a tsunami, it's that moment where the water is all sucked back into the ocean and people are stood there staring at the emptyness, scratching their heads wondering what on earth is going on.

Two potential outcomes.

1. This becomes the new paradigm. "It's different this time" - "the world is a very different place", "FOMO", "20 year old V12 manual Ferraris are the next 250 GTO" etc etc - effectively the Tsunami never actually rolls in.

2. There will be a massive correction 1980's classic style car bubble burst. That wave is so large it wipes everything and we start again from scratch.

Personally I've no idea which one it will be (Ok so I'm heavily expecting it to be number 2), but I really don't see a third option.

There is an anomaly this time though. Being in my 50's I've seen a few ups and downs over the decades (global economy this is), but this one really is something I've never witnessed. Massive, massive volumes of quantative easing, near 0% (or in some cases negative) interest rates. Massive amounts of cheap lending accompanied by equally massive amounts of luxury good consumption. Property prices at unprecedented mutliples of average income fuelled by near 0% interest rates. Stock markets running at near record highs in the midst of all this.

All the tools that have been historically used to battle corrections have already been consumed.

On top of all that, we have a global pandemic with unkown lifespan and outcome.

At the risk of sounding like a "prepper" - I'm stockpiling as much cash as I can right now and reducing all my debt exposure. Just in case.

Now where's my tin foil hat?

4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    A nice V12 gated Ferrari makes an excellent tin foil hat, and you can drive it too. Maybe that’s where they have all gone..Nothing much else to do with your savings right now.

F456M and brogenville like this.
  5. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I agree, certainly if I owned one right now there would be very little compulsion to sell, unless forced to through circumstance.

6. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Converting an F-1 shift car is looking more appealing by the day-any thoughts on who is equipped to do the job in the UK?

7. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #732 21ATS, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Read this:-

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/a-gearstick-where-once-there-was-none.615514/

I've exchange messages about the reality of converting a 575 with @brogenville we figure that a sensible number to aim at is £20K doing a good job and upgrading everything with Hill Engineering parts as you go. That's as far as I've got so far.

haroonok likes this.
  8. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Very funny

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

RKZ841 likes this.
  9. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
  10. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth

11. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    We're in the UK, not the US.

£20K is absolutely feasible. That is using available Ferrari parts and fabricating the NLA parts based on real world calculations from a member on here who has converted a 612 - which is more complex.

12. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Yup, £20k is still possible for a 575 conversion. It is getting harder as time goes on to find parts though. I've taken 3d scans or otherwise reverse engineered all the key parts though, so supply is basically assured indefinitely should the need arise.

21ATS likes this.
  13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Should be sabbia interior, not that the rather minimalist description tells you that. I don't know about reconnolised but the leather just looks really dirty to me. It is another ex-press/demo car.

15. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    A Fchatter who used to be active on this board bought and then sold his nero/sabbia manual 575 with FHP between 2015 and 2018, I recall. It had fewer miles, fewer than 20k at the time. Sold for a lot less than this, but I don't recall it having inserts, and it looked from pix like a nicer one than this one.

Whoever bought his one bagged themselves a good buy. He offered it to me but I already have one, and prefer my combo of TDF/tan.

16. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I took my gated 575 out for her first proper drive of the year yesterday.

I have driven her regularly since hibernation ended in April, but a proper drive for a car like this requires long, clear roads of the type you get in, say, Tuscany, Germany and France but not so much in the UK.

My gated 430 Spider is very happy on twisty UK country lanes, and can generate joy, grins and thrills on the kind of roads any light weight (relatively) mid engined sports car would excel at.

The 575, gated with Fiorano Handling pack, requires something else. Hard to describe, but more space. Not long sweeping highways like, say, a Bentley or a V12 Aston. Something in between.
    So last night, on a warm Sunday night, still with less traffic than usual due to restrictions, I headed out of town and had what might be the best night of the year (not saying that much this year!).

Someone wise here once said that while the V8 midengine Ferraris thrill on first drive, the V12s need getting to know and grow on you.

it’s true, and the highlight of the evening was when, with sight ahead, I could get the engine to howl through the range in third, feeling the car nod with a little bit of roll on turn in, firm up as the stiffened suspension did its thing, exit feeling the back just wanting to get a bit jiggy, and then have to take my hand off the wheel, pause, clack.

Then, judge the next bend, shift down (clack, howl). Have that feeling where you wonder, actually is this a GT car, am I going into this bend too fast, will I be able to place it properly, will it lose its rag like a Bentley, And then feel it hunker down, precise, sharp, cutting like a razor through the bend, reminding you it’s a thoroughbred Ferrari.

And always, thinking ahead, planning the next gearshift, being annoyed when you get it wrong, and satisfied when you get it right.

I got it quite wrong on one occasion. Stopped at traffic lights with two lanes going in my direction, the road narrowing soon afterwards to one lane, but with a fabulous series of curves.
    A road where you don’t want anything in front of you. There was a guy beside me in some kind of fast Audi, didn’t pay him much attention, pulled away from the lights and pulled the lever from 1st to 2nd at around 3000 rpm.

Mistake - Audi guy was giving it full throttle and was going to get ahead of me. I should’ve just waited a couple of minutes and had the road to myself, but anyhow. in an auto I would have kicked down, and in an F1 flipped the left paddle into first and surged past. But you just don’t change it a second and then back down into first that quickly in a manual 575, so I floored it in second and relied on the surge from the engine to get me past the guy. He ran out of first gear and I shot ahead into the twisty section.

Life is more eventful with a manual, and with more than 500 hp of Ferrari V12 and a Tubi, well, it’s quite something.

Needs the right roads though. Needs planning. But to anyone interested, I cannot recommend it enough.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

635CSI, Cossington, haroonok and 2 others like this.
  17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- Sounds like fun to me. She looks great.

18. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks Taz.

And those HE spacers you recommended do so much for the looks. Amazing.

19. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    New number plate a good addition.

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks, Mogulboy. F12 TEN is obviously not relevant to a 575. But it just looks good (better than LK54TVU or whatever it was before) and was cheap on Collecting Cars. Nice to have the logo on there also

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I should add that Roger at the Ferrari Centre/Kent high-performance cars also adjusted steering to his “fast road” setting. It has really made a difference, the car seems to claw the road more in turns.

The only thing I need now is a set of MPS4SS. Last time I checked, they did not do the right size for a 575. It’s on Michelin Pilot super sports, which are good, but not as good.

MPS4SS Transformed my 430 over the Pirellis she was on before. But I digress.

22. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    As you may already know, it was previously on an F12.

I know what you're getting at with "more space". For me, when I really got to appreciate my 550, a few months after buying it, it was distance. Using it for the job it was designed for. For me that was taking it down to Italy and back. A proper journey on a variety of roads.

Themaven likes this.
  23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ferrari 12 cylinder and she is a TEN.

Themaven likes this.
  24. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior