Actual service given for annual service | FerrariChat

Actual service given for annual service

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ehrst, Apr 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ehrst

ehrst Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    sse
    Maybe this has been discussed but couldn't find anything recent. My 2020 Ferrari has "timed out" and is now due for the included first service of seven. I was told by service advisor at the dealership that the first service includes "topping off fluids" and possibly replacing air filter. That doesn't sound like much "service". I also asked about an oil change and filter given that hasn't been done in a year. Synthetic oil is good but is it that good?? I was informed oil change is not performed during first service.

Am I missing something?? Should I complain?

2. ehrst

ehrst Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    sse
    Thanks. I figured this issue must have come up before. Obviously synthetic oil is more resistant to oxidation and degradation than tradition motor oil. Probably low mileage cars are OK for 24 months if the cars are stored in favorable conditions. Still, there are no recommendations as to synthetic oil life once taken out of the sealed container. Manufacturers aren't going to expose themselves to the liability of any guidelines given the variability of car use and storage. You can go two years under warranty but not sure about prolonged oil change duration on out of warranty cars that still have many years left on the service agreement.

The reality is this 7 year service contract business is a pretty shady deal. They want you to service at the dealership hence the service agreement but they are less than anxious about providing any real service, unless of course your footing the bill.

cool flash and Veloce12 like this.
  3. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Mmmmm...
    Certified dealership services are payed up directly from Italy be FERRARI as I understand, so I don't see Y they would "cheap up" or don't do what they R supposed to do if they R getting payed anyways!

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    You should always change the oil after you break in a new motor, no matter who the manufacturer , no matter what type of oil . My 2020 Ducati V4, has 6k miles, I changed the oil after the 600 mile mark, and just to be safe , at the 3000 mile mark, full synthetic by the way. Whatever the break in mileage is for a new Ferrari, change the oil , whether the dealer does it, or not . I usually change synthetic oil , where I use it, 6-7 k miles ,I know thats too soon, but thats when I do it.

Thank you

Drson likes this.
  5. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    A Ferrari publication from last year said that Ferrari considers its synthetic oil to be good for up to 24 months. My service manager said that the "free" oil change is based on miles and time since the last oil change. I paid $500 for an oil change after break-in,which is why I didn't get an oil change at the one-year service.

6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Rite on, I did not realize you did the break in oil change, yes, now its the interval that they recommend .

Thank you