355 - Original exhaust parts - with keeping? | FerrariChat

355 Original exhaust parts - with keeping?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Sancho22, Apr 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Hi
    I got my car about 2 years ago and it came with several taken off parts.
    The previous owners were passing it to each other.

Now the original headers will be coming off as well (were welded once but likely OK).
    Original muffler, cats and some straight pipes as well as the red painted (original factory) matching rear grille (the car has the challenge style on).

Are these worth keeping and would these perhaps add to the value of the car in the future?
    Perhaps better to sell them - if they are worth anything - except the rear grille (I want to keep that one)?
    Thanks for any insight in advance.
    Laz

2. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If I were you I’d keep them. They definitely have value and you may need the original muffler some day in case the regulations where you live change for noise compliance.

I just moved to a new country and am very glad I kept the factory muffler. It was the only way to pass the inspection and get the car registered here.

jimmym likes this.
  3. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Great points! Thanks!

spaghetti_jet likes this.
  4. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    also, there are perspective owners that like and prefer the car to be totally original or at least have access to the original parts.

spaghetti_jet and Sancho22 like this.
  5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I always keep everything.

There may come a time where you will need them...and if there is a buyer who is looking for a concourse type project, it will be a big help in selling the car if all the original parts come with it.

Sancho22 likes this.