Next v12 coupe’ | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Next v12 coupe’

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by leopoldo, Mar 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just don’t see a large displacement V12 continuing. A smaller displacement with turbos doesn’t make sense to me either. A smaller displacement V12 with a hybrid adder does make sense. It would still sound good and they could probably get it to 900hp or more.

jpalmito, 9nb and F2003-GA like this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Doug23 likes this.
  3. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Read carefully..

5. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Downsizing is beautiful. Just look at motorcycle technology and you realise a 6.2 V12 is a truck engine.

Gordon Murray gets it. Just extend the trend to down size further...it can lead to higher revs, turbo and electronic aid at low revs. It opens up the potential to develop incredible sports engines.

Match it to weight saving and new innovative production techniques to compensate for the added weight of battery packs.
    Incredible sports cars on the horizon, much better that we have ever seen vs history til date.

Better cleaner planet as an additional trade-off. Important as well.

I don't get the scepticism....

6. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    My mistake! Didn’t see that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito likes this.
  7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

Ridiculous and ineption comment, take note of the contents of the Euro 7 standard !!!
    The " modern " turbo is to mechanical nobility what liquid crystal watches are to horology.
    Electric batteries are household appliances, not cars.
    And stupid noise standards will prevent any concerto from sporting mechanics in favor of artificial sound, which is like giving Beethoven a synthesizer instead of a piano.

nickorette, 3POINT8, Shack and 5 others like this.
  8. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    Imagine the amazing works Beethoven could have created with a tool like that. Would they be exactly the same as those produced on a traditional piano? No, of course not. And for those whose music enjoyment is locked in to that specific sound, maybe nothing he created on a synthesizer would be better. But for those with ability to enjoy a wide range of music forms, giving a master like that a larger toolkit to work with could only be a good thing.

Look, I love the classic Ferraris. There are somethings that the modern ones can't match, like the experience of rowing a gated shifter. And future models will almost certainly, with some possible low volume exceptions, give up the pure natural sound of a high-revving NA engine. Also, the lack of regulations allowed for some gorgeous shapes that we'll never see again.

On the other hand, modern cars are otherwise just better. They're more reliable, they're faster, they have more grip, they have suspensions that can deliver both a comfortable ride and sharp handling, they're safer, and they have tech that improves enjoyment across a broad range of use cases. And I have a lot of faith that as Ferrari's engineers are forced by circumstance to work more and more with turbos, electricity, and similar tech, they will still be able to deliver vehicles that deliver amazing capabilities and soul-stirring driving experiences, even if those experiences are different from those provided by F-cars of the past.

manya81 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I would love a 3 liter V12 that revs to 10K rpm, single mass flywheel, 3-pedal manual, mid engine, rear wheel drive, with the brakes and suspension from the Speciale, and the interior from the 812. The exterior can be a blend of Scud up front and Speciale rear.
    Is that asking too much?

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    My dream car !
    And they would sell it like hot cakes.

italiafan likes this.
  11. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    With short overhangs and enough cargo space to use as a GT? Shut up and take my money!

jpalmito, Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  12. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    F2003-GA likes this.
  13. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    GTS still available to order.
    Haven't finished my spec yet....

leopoldo likes this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So the purosangue will have a front V12 engine .
    Maybe the next icona also ( daytona?)
    Wouldn’t it make sense for the 812 SF replacement to see its engine go to the rear?

red passion likes this.
  15. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    probably hybrid?

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes

leopoldo likes this.
  17. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    rumors or official source?

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    No, pure speculation by myself;)

leopoldo likes this.
  19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Small engine, turbo and electronic aids? Battery packs with added weight? Ferrari increased displacement from 6.2l to 6.5l and in doing so increased the revs, torque and power. Go big or go home. Leave the tiny motors for lesser marks who can't build engines. I am in love with my truck engine.

Times likes this.
  20. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    My idea is that will be very very difficult to be competitive in terms of performances if they ‘ ll stay also in the future with this v12 without shift it to an hybrid version

21. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Porsche keeps the the GT3 alive, although it's not the most powerful model, especially when compared to a GT2. It nevertheless is one of most desirable models, because it stands out with its beautiful engine. If Ferrari can build lightweight purposeful supercar with a V12 nicely complement 1000+ hp hybrid offerings. I think looking in the future we have to say good bye to the V12 as the top of of the range engine from a performance/power point of view. IMO it will still remain top of the range from an experience point of view, similar to the GT3.

rossodino, BJK and Thecadster like this.
  22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

Maybe there is a time when it gets silly this obsession with ever higher performance at current level, right?
    Less than 5% will use the 812 Competizione correctly.
    Maybe it's better to refocus on driving sensations and emotion than power figures which become stupid for the vast majority of Ferrari customers ... My buddy will go faster in 348 on the same mountain road than 90% with a SF 90 owners ...

Avia11, BJK, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  23. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I also prefer emotional cars than faster cars....

nickorette, rossodino and blackenzo like this.