488 - Anyone know this Pista? | FerrariChat

488 Anyone know this Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Eddie v, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Took delivery of this Pista a couple months ago. Dream come true, really. Bought at dealer and so no contact with previous owner. He/she did a fantastic job though. Was told by dealer that they thought they had the records/receipts for the aftermarket bits but while everything else was present at delivery - stock exhaust, wheels, tires, etc - the aftermarket records were not. I’ve emailed the dealer several times but can’t get any response about them. Hoping someone here knows the original owner so I can get a hold of them.

Mods are:

-full IPE exhaust (best Pista I’ve heard, btw, this thing screams)

-HRE wheels and larger tires

-Novitec lowering springs

-full body PPF

-full tint, including windshield

bought from Ferrari Fort Lauderdale and honestly, they were really great to work with. Not trying to shade them at all. They never told me they definitely had them, but rather that they thought they did. Doesn’t matter too much to me how I get the records, but I would like to have them.

Thanks in advance. I know.....I know.....”where did this red Pista come from?” is a bit of a challenge but.....fingers crossed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mdrums likes this.
  2. Rustynail

Rustynail Rookie

Jan 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rodney massengale

Call Wheels Botique in Miami

Eddie v and kimwizzzuuu like this.
  3. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Hit up IG:shootintheshift
    I believe it’s his pista, and mods were done by wheels boutique in FL.

Ltfor3 and Eddie v like this.
  4. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Oh wow. Great movie. Thank you. I’ll call them tomorrow.

5. Eddie v

Eddie v Karting

Mar 18, 2020
    Utah
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I have a couple leads now.

6. JBOMD

JBOMD Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    JBOMD
    I'm considering buying a Pista from a dealer and the dealer told me that the car was obtained from a wholesale source. I'm curious what my fellow FerrariChat members think about this - should I be concerned? I suppose it's always better to buy a car with known history. Also is there a way to tell if the car has been "over-rev'd" and is this something that I can ask the dealer to disclose?

7. steven t evans

Jul 24, 2020
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Evans
    Move that Bike .....LOL......thats scary

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Even if it's bought from wholesale it should have the papers and documentation retracing the history... it's not like a Pista is decades old. A Pista also is still covered by the 7-year maintenance program so no matter its origin it has probably had most of its maintenance performed by official dealers; if not, it could be a rental car and then there could be some concern.

Over revving is actually not possible since if one fails to upshift, there is the rev limiter, and if one tries to downshift with potential over-revving, the downshift is not performed. What cannot be avoided nor detected is going for too much rev when the engine is still cold.

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What kind of info is it that you are looking for? You already know what parts are on the car and what was done to it.

It's not like the car has been structurally modified or tuned. It has HRE wheels, an exhaust, springs and various films. What more is there to say?

10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    just finally paid attention to the garage pics. nice 981 gt4 and the livery.

11. JBOMD

JBOMD Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    JBOMD
    I'm also seeing more and more cars with full protective film - i.e. the entire car. Obviously one can not apply waxes, etc and just a wash is needed. I'm curious what my FerrariChat colleagues think of this.

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    All my cars have 100% film coverage, including all the carbon bits and the windshields. The protection inspires tons of confidence, but what I like the best is that I never have to wash my cars. Just a squirt of quick detailer and then a wipe with a soft microfiber towel and I am good to go.

jerrym likes this.
  13. ScottJon

ScottJon Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Hollywood. Ca. USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Leibow
    My f12 is covered too.it is well worth it in my opinion THe paint chips very easily otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat