F360 soft top problem | FerrariChat

F360 soft top problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by 3s-ge, Apr 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I began to close the soft top, the lid lifted and the engine stopped and no longer responds to the button roof. The 7.5 A and 15 A fuses are fine. help me find the reason

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Do you mean the engine lid, Alex? The roof won't work if there is something wrong with the engine lid latch microswitch. Is the engine lid latched properly?

Not sure why the engine stopped, though.

Is it an F1?

3. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    F1

I checked all the switches, everything is fine.
    the roof motor should not be silent..

4. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The roof motor not an engine, I did not write it correctly.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Pump relay OK?

6. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    the relay that is on the pump body? yes relay OK.

7. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bad roof switch?

8. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    both ways? it does not work either up or down.

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Yes.

Here's the roof wiring diagram I made which may help...

https://www.dropbox.com/t/rGLZe4HJfk5OdQ7s

and a diagram for the interface between the car and the roof connector 1Q (see bottom left hand corner)

https://www.dropbox.com/t/jePQNe2qi5bueANC

Inputs include vehicle speed, battery and key power, roof switch* on the centre console, engine lid switch, Window/Doors ECU and OBD2 (?)

*7.5 amp roof fuse supplies power to the roof switch

Would loss of speed data from the ABS/ASR system and instrument panel inhibit roof operation?

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I assume the roof ECU is looking for "windows down" (as sensed by the window position microswitches in the doors).

11. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just to eliminate the easy stuff, start the car and operate the roof switch with the engine running.

Qavion likes this.
  12. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    WOW!!!!
    that's beautiful!!!
    Where can I download/buy such a scheme for the whole car???

13. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    this was all tried out in the first 2 minutes

14. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I found the reason.
    Water got into the roof computer and oxidized the contacts of the microprocessor, I had to desolder it out, wash everything and solder it back, now the roof is working. I hope that was the reason and it won't happen again

Qavion likes this.
  15. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Qavion likes this.
  16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks. I've been working on these diagrams for weeks. It's a difficult process. The WSM has many errors (and I make quite a few errors myself :D )
    Long story .... I don't have a F360, so I still need information on certain parts of the diagrams. I have been developing two sets of diagrams (Coupe and Spider). The WSM for the coupe has wiring hookup diagrams, but they seem quite old, have lots of mistakes and I don't know what changes have been made to the car over the years. The Spider hookup diagrams I have seem a little newer and have less mistakes, so I've mostly been using those to complete my custom colour diagrams.

I've been modifying these diagrams almost every day (as I learn about the 360). So... it's probably best if you contact me when you need a diagram for a specific system.

Here's a sample of an Instrument diagram for the Spider. I think I tried to squeeze too much into it. I've included some engine interface and battery/Starter/Alternator stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/mUfNbNJnO41cC3TQ

All free, of course, but I may ask you a few questions... For example, the Spider Owner's Manual says that there should be an orange fuse in position 37... I think there should be a green fuse and orange should be in position 41. Which fuses are actually fitted to the car?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Also, is there a relay in position 52 on the Spider?
    I have almost every system covered except parts of the immobiliser and the radio. I started posting links on the Technical forum, but I think I'll switch to the 360/430 forum.

Anyway, good to hear you solved your roof problem.

DanNE likes this.
  17. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    you are an amazing man, I am ready to help you as soon as I can, this is a 100% pass to eden))

Qavion likes this.
  18. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    For all the work you are doing for this car we should all pitch in to get you a 360...

With regards to the diagrams are they available in a larger format than the GIFs? I can't seem to be able to zoom into them for details but they are great nonetheless. Thanks for doing this!

Qavion likes this.
  19. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #19 Qavion, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    If you go to the Dropbox link, there is a preview (eyeball) and then a PRINT button. Oddly, if you push the PRINT button again, the file automatically converts to a pdf file and you can SAVE that.

Alternatively, if you save the gif file to your Desktop then right click on the file (Windows) and select "Open With...", you can select Windows Paint and you can magnify and edit the image. There is a magnifying glass with 2x 4x 6x, etc... Windows Paint allows you to edit the images, but the older version of Paint was much easier to use. Since I created the diagrams in an older version of Paint, the images are crystal clear in the old version. PDF and other format files are blurry.

It's strange, though, in Firefox/Mozilla, I can preview and zoom to any size. The diagrams are particularly useful on an iPad. You can scroll and zoom so easily.

And here's an example of my "daily amendments". Already the Instrument panel is out of date. I just discovered that the gated/stick car has a jumper wire on plug 8G (The F1 plug is only provisional on the gated car).

https://www.dropbox.com/t/iRkAQ3X8eBXnDZIV

Note that the links will expire in 7 days. Free Dropbox accounts don't let you keep the files there indefinitely.

If you want the Coupe version of these files, don't hesitate to ask.

3s-ge likes this.
  20. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Plug 8G also appears in the Immobiliser diagram:

(Spider)

https://www.dropbox.com/t/1q3VHvqsUWiuy9TC

I had room to draw a second plug on this diagram.

Note: the wires between 16H and 17H are unknown. I thought perhaps they were like the Ferrari 550, but one of the wires didn't match up. Note there are some dead end wires on these plugs normally (there are on the 550 and 355).

3s-ge likes this.
  21. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    it just happened to me... there is a 4 prong relay behind the reservoir bottle. take it off and check the relay (its about $15

22. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    Now my problem is the center front lock ram will not open,the motors start whiring but the ram does.nt open, there is a hex in the ram area and if i loosen it so the end switch disengages the roo f will open then close.. but will not start the operation until i loosen the hex again

23. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    If you mean the pump relay "27Q", Peter, that was already checked (see post #6)

Hex? Do you mean an allen-headed bolt? Is it holding the microswitch in place or is it mechanical or hydraulic-related?

24. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Meanwhile.. back off topic...

Here's something else which seems wrong in the Owner's Manual. There is one red and 3 blue "maxi" fuses near the battery:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Owners Manual shows fuses #2 & #4 as being AC (HVAC) Unit and ABS/ASR respectively. In the Workshop Manual, the fuses in these positions are AC (HVAC) and L&R radiator fans.

3s-ge likes this.
  25. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo