New Additions to our boat... | Page 8 | FerrariChat

New Additions to our boat...

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by SCFerrari, Feb 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I also saw the video but didn’t know if it would be ok to post.
    Interesting to see what the inside of such an amazing boat / ship looks like. I can’t imagine!
    I really liked the tour guide as well ;), although she was obsessed with storage space.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan

Even better in person!

3. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
    How did I miss this thread?! All I can say is, Jesus Christ, Bravo!

Do you mind sharing the economics of chartering? Is it like planes where the goal is to offset ownership costs, or can you actually turn a profit (including capital costs)?

wahoowa likes this.
  4. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I started following Nautistyles about a month ago. Seems I missed the tour of Rob's Sea Axis.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    It is a very well done quality Dutch built boat and only seeing it in person does it real justice; although, the video does provide a good tour.

6. bernieb

bernieb Karting

Apr 16, 2007
    Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernard J Bonertz
    Thx for sharing...really enjoyed the video tour.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Rob,

Update?

This tread was linked to another here which peaked my interest.

D

SCFerrari likes this.
  8. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No recent update.. the boat easily sold 2 years ago now (good timing) and was a fun 3 year journey owning it.... but in the end, our girls were going into high school when we sold, which made it harder for them to skip school :) - along with ongoing crew drama and maintenance costs getting old... especially managing long distance.... along with the charter program really not working well. from a bottom line perspective at least... Everything has a cycle and that's ok.. we have nothing but great memories and might forget enough to make the same mistakes again in the future :) The boat still carries the same name and some of the same crew.

Lessons learned -

I believe it's impossible to make money or even come close to break even chartering out your boat.. It does nothing but tire your crew out, wear your boat out faster and increase owner stress. I would never buy a boat again and put it in a charter program. This reduces the tax write off potential.

It's not an original idea but if you think you want to buy a boat, try your hardest to just charter. We've chartered every year since we sold and have a great time doing so...

If you want to piss a couple million away every year, there's no place more fun than a boat with a crew and your friends in the Exumas.

I've gone to the yacht show every year since we sold and always walk away with a smile that I didn't catch the fever...