1975 Dino 308 GT4 10630 Finds A New Home | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1975 Dino 308 GT4 10630 Finds A New Home

Discussion in '308/328' started by italcarguy, May 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Keep us updated. I took a brief hiatus to play in my old band but working on the Ferrari's again!!!

2. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    I have replaced the clutch on the car, converted it to petrnoix electronic ignition and fixed the "exploding seatbelt"

Still on the list:
    1. Carbs are still not ideally adjusted for the elevation
    2. Speedometer doesn't work. I replaced the sender unit and that didn't change anything....so maybe it is something with the wiring?
    3. exhaust interferes with the parking brake cable. It also has some horrific welds on it (not that I could do any better, but they are not professional grade)
    4. Not sure if I should be worried about sodium filled valves. Car has over 60K miles on it, but no idea if anyone has ever replaced them.
    5. Suspension needs a through revamping
    6. Planning on replacing the fuse box with the cowboymotorparts one
    As for color, I am still not sure if it is Rosso Bordeaux 20-R-351 or Purgna 20-R-549. Looks much different depending on the light. But it is not metallic, so probably not rosso rubino

absostone likes this.
  3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    it`s Amaranto 20-R-188

miahshodan likes this.
  4. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    Could be, looks about right, but from what I have seen with a quick web search is that color wasn't offered after 1973

5. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Man that is a great color. I had a Rosso Barchetta Ferrari 550. Almost a burgundy. We use to own 308gt4 #9960 back in 1975. I just found out today it was shipped out to the Netherlands in 1996 and was painted black. Original was white over red. It then left the Netherlands in 2010. So I don’t know where it is. But if I get it back I would paint it your color for sure.

miahshodan likes this.