Hulkenberg: Backup for Aston Martin | FerrariChat

Hulkenberg: Backup for Aston Martin

Discussion in 'F1' started by trumpet77, Apr 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    read in several reports today, didn't see it mentioned here yet, glad to see Nico still in F1.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Hulk at AM bout benefit AM.
    Hulk at AM would benefit Vettel by giving him down time away from racing to get his head together.

What is not to like ?

4. DF1

Vettel should have left. He is going backwards, hardly forward. Each race that is sub-standard in results weakens legacy that survives. Bad idea. He provided a history to F1. Let it go.

5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I think Vettel just wanted to be hired by another team, rather than end his career being fired by Ferrari. AM can already tell he's not going to bring anything to the table. I doubt Vettel brought any sponsorship of importance. They'll let him retire after a few more races, and bring in Hulk as a cost effective replacement to be Lance's wing man and help him fight for upper mid-level points.

6. DF1

His presence does not make me desire or not desire an Aston product. I could care less who drives in F1 vs what road vehicle is on offer from that company's team.

Leaving after Ferrari made more sense. His skills have been put on notice the last 4 years. They just are not that sharp.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To be fair on products of this type of cost, no matter the driver I couldn't be persuaded to buy their cars whether Iiked the drivers or not...

Big fan of the Mclaren team now but don't like any of their cars. Wouldn't have one.

Big fan of Max and when AM was their primary sponsor...didn't fancy any of their cars. Nor would I like a Honda today...or a can of red bull for that matter:D

LVP488, 375+ and DF1 like this.