F8 - What do you think? (Bianco Italia Beauty) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 What do you think? (Bianco Italia Beauty)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Apr 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I think it is pretty simple. There's a reason for the yellow calipers. It not only matches the emblems and the center caps, but it also matches my white GT2 that also has yellow seatbelts and calipers. I actually like the yellow calipers.

Caeruleus11, RoadRonin and Garretto like this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

I remember you!!! Welcome to the light side of the F-orce. Love that 488 combination!

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    As soon as I can, will try to include pictures and videos.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Your 458 started it all and quite honestly, it is still a head turning machine. I would not be thinking the same thing as you. I have so much appreciation and respect for the car that has seemingly barely aged. There have been very little amount of cars, including Ferraris, that have aged this well. I honestly believe that it is the production car that will continue to appraise. So, keep your baby.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Too kind...

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I can tell you that after driving the best sports car ever (997) GT2, which drives like a powerful go kart. I will have plenty to talk about in comparison.

Petrolhead#32 likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Thank you all for your kind comments. All opinions and recommendations are also appreciated and will take into consideration.

Blessings to all. Will keep you posted. I am planning to go see it this weekend, if destiny and divinity allows.

xBox and Petrolhead#32 like this.
  8. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    If I might comment on this, as having had many hours in factory and dealer F8's, driving my own this last weekend was the first chance I've had to relax in one and then give it a good spank, also back-to-back with the 812.

Overwhelming characteristic is just how accessible and easy it is to drive, for such a powerful car.

When test-driving, I found the engine quite linear and non-turbo feeling, but now I'm pushing harder, the boost-driven power is more prominent and acceleration all the more ferocious. Quick drag and you're hurtling down the road, shift-lights galore.

Excellent driving position, with wonderful balance and handling complete the package, allowing you to play and exploit what the car has to offer. A to B, much more fun and therefore faster than the 812 (well, in my hands at least).

Last comment, much noisier in the cabin than I remember, but again this could be the 812 having spoilt me with better sound isolation and its GT abilities.

Was it smart getting the 812, before the F8, probably not. Quite possibly the finest NA v12, so inevitably the F8's power plant has struggled to impress in any way other than its ballistic power delivery, but thats OK, they each have their own character.

Red or blue pill, that is the only question?

9. haynF8

haynF8 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Congrats! Car looks great. Enjoy!

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Gorgeous exterior!

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Very insightful! Looking forward to experience it.

You did not make a mistake. The mistake would have been not getting one because you had the other.

Thank you!

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

xBox likes this.
  12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Ok, so not the most impartial guy here, but here goes:

One of the most visually striking F8s I’ve seen. Extremely aggressive and eye candy. A head turner, no doubt. Very well balanced color combination: a white and black exterior contrast, with a timeless, sober spec on the inside.

A pretty good example of good taste. Enjoy in good health. Wish you many miles of happiness behind the wheel.

Thank you for sharing.

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

14. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    Agreed 100%. I'm usually a 'Ferrari-must-be-red' kind of guy, but this spec makes me reconsider that feeling.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    #41 GT2goneF, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Hello Nuno,

Obviously we are all entitled to our opinions and as such they should be respected and not be taken personally, as long as they are not geared that way. We all have our on personal tastes.

I agree, my interiors are sober or what many (particularly Ferrari/Lamborghini owners and connoisseurs) may consider dull or boring.

Here's is my rationale. If I were getting a Pista or a 765LT, GT2RSor 3RS, I may have chosen a two tone red or some other bold interior. I find the F8 a sporty/classy car and built is as such. I am also tired of black interiors. I happen to like the Terra Bruciatta. It is classy and it actually pops more in the leather and metal than in pictures.

With that said, I want to sincerely thank you and extend my most genuine respect for being honest and blunt with your opinion. I am also honest but respectful with mine as well. Thank you again for the compliments and your criticism. That is exactly what I was looking for. Not validation but honest options. I find that sometimes people are afraid to express their opinions fearing that it may be taken personally or be offensive when it is not meant as such. Others are offensive or aggressive with their opinions and criticisms. I take opinions as what they are; others people's point of view, that may partially coincide with mine, like you and I in this case, others may or may not align. However, it doesn't hurt me and it shouldn't hurt anybody. The great thing about this forum has been that amongst the people that I have had some interaction, all have been great and appear honest and sincere. This is why I believe in this group, particularly with those that I frequently interact with (you know who you are). I dare to say that while as an outsider, not knowing much, you may think that Ferrari owners may be a bunch of (insert the slang for penises here), I have found myself being virtually around the greatest people and human beings there may be. That is not to say that there aren't a few bad apples. I just have been blessed not having had a bad experience here yet.

So to you and everyone else, many blessings and let's keep this good thing going!!!

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Wow, very kind of you!!!

Petrolhead#32 likes this.
  17. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    And kudos to you for writing this great message! Agree 100% with everything you said.

I've been a Ferrari owner and part of this forum for about 6 months now, and I confirm the quality of it much the same way GT2goneF has expressed. And I love it! I try to check updates pretty much everyday and frankly it's become an interesting part of my Ferrari ownership experience. That's very valuable!

And the only way this can happen is indeed because the people that participate are solid, mature and respectful human beings. Not every chat can claim this, btw.

Ok, having said this... Back to the thread :), I do have one question: Loving the Terra Bruciatta and agree on your take on the F8 being sporty/classy car (I feel the same with the 458). But why not CF racing seats? I hear they're just as comfortable as the electrics and also I think it would fit the sporty/classy concept. Don't you think?

AlfistaPortoghese and GT2goneF like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I would have loved the CF seats. I love the looks and everything about them. I sat in them and realized that it was not going to be comfortable for me. They were comfortable for the first few minutes. The padding is super thin. My GT2 has racing seats and although not the same, I felt that the CF seats would end up being just as uncomfortable as GT2's at the end of the drive.

19. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Amazing! Honestly, if I didn't already have another white car, this is the same exterior spec I would've went with (I went back and forth between Bianco Italia and Nero Daytona for a week or so). I also love the wheels (the larger size looks perfect on these cars IMO) and the ride height. But of of course, I'm biased to both. Gorgeous car!

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Car is awesome. Now you just need to start driving it!

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  21. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This! Enough with the mods. Go to Taco Bell and get a burrito or something. Anything to take it out for a drive.

GT2goneF, Mikael-F360 and jamie140 like this.
  22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes I think you are the record holder from taking delivery to actually driving the car!

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    For sure I don’t know how he does it. We will need video evidence of you driving it to prove you actually are finally driving it. And as SoCal said take it out for a burrito!

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Wow! Love the Bianco Italia,but then I am bias.

GT2goneF likes this.