For Sale - 360/340 alloy billet dash vents | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 360/340 alloy billet dash vents

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by rizzo308, May 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chuck Beaver

Chuck Beaver Rookie

Aug 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chuck Beaver
    Yeah $7k was for new leather on the dash.

2. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    What did you get done for $20K? Sounds pretty expensive for a 360 service :)

3. BDubbs

BDubbs Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2019
    WA State
    Full Name:
    B Dubbs
    Yeah, I had to replace the whole steering rack, that was 10k. The rest was smaller stuff, like the dash vents, new tires, skid plates, interior temp sensor (behind dash), exhaust thermocouples, bad axle seal replaced, water pump replaced and a few other things... it sat too long last year... my fault. Funny, just bought another vehicle for my son to drive.... roughly the cost of this service... I really love this car, or it would be gone, - didn't even bother me a bit though, lol. And next year is the major... sorry to hijack the thread. Luckily my wife can laugh about it too....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. CSX55

CSX55 Rookie

Mar 30, 2021
    Tucson, AZ
    Based on the experience of those who have had potentially similar issues, looking at this photo of my Ferrari dash, do you think these vents would help correct or at least improve on the looseness around the alarm light?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BDubbs

BDubbs Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2019
    WA State
    Full Name:
    B Dubbs
    There's a very good chance, mine looked just like that and when it was cold there was a wave in the dash. The wave is gone at all temps and the spot around the alarm light is almost gone. Here'sa pic of the result. Nothing was done but installing these vents. Also depends on the condition of the leather and how much its stretched and if its been maintained as well. Either way, it should be much better! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. hhwear

hhwear Rookie

May 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Howard Wear
    If you have decided to still sell and they are for a 430 and available,I will take them..... thanks

7. Chuck Beaver

Chuck Beaver Rookie

Aug 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chuck Beaver
    Hey there -- I've decided to keep mine for now, just in case I need them in the future. I'm not sure how long the replacement OEM plastic ones will last, and I'd like to have these in reserve :)

8. Martaroony

Martaroony Rookie

Oct 5, 2020
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Hey Rizzo, I would PM you , but have no idea how to do that, Im only new here. "sorry" . Anyhow ,
    Im in QLD and would love to talk to you about a set of vents for my 360. all the other boys seem to be dropping their emails here .
    So Ill do the same [email protected] and hopefully hear back from you . Thanks Mate . Marty.

9. JRice360$pider

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jeff Rice
    Hi @rizzo308, I haven't unlocked PMs yet but I'm trying to grab a set of the billet vents from you. Please let me know if any are available.

10. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    PM me if you have any left

11. Yesitsfast

Yesitsfast Karting

Nov 11, 2014
    I’ll take a set if available.

Thanks

12. islong

islong Karting

Jul 6, 2021
    GREENVILLE, SC
    Full Name:
    Ian
    have any available? 360.

13. jerryf

jerryf Rookie

Aug 1, 2007
    Altoona, PA
    I will need a set for my 360 spider, the factory units are trashed. Please let me know if available. I see this stream goes back years, so I don't know if you still make these.

14. ChrisAmon

ChrisAmon Rookie

Nov 23, 2015
    Hi Rizzo - I need a set as well. Please let me know if available and how I arrange the purchase...Ron

15. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I am guessing this offer has long since expired. In case it hasn’t would be up for a set for my 430

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I saw a post from Rizzo several weeks ago that he has a new batch. Send him a DM.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Eric in Chicago likes this.
  17. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Have new batch in. Plz pm me.
    Cheers

18. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
  19. BooE

BooE Karting

Dec 13, 2020
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mike bouey
  20. ferrari360man

ferrari360man Rookie

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Hi Rizzo, not sure if you have any of these available but if you do i will take a set. A buddy of mine might take a set also. Let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

21. modificator

modificator Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    Are the vents installed in two different ways depending on the year/model of 360 or they are all the same and just show differently due to leather shrink?

For example the photo below clearly shows that the vents are in a "groove" and the leather is not level. But I have seen vents and leather on other cars to be perfectly flat with the rest of the dash, no groove. Is it from the factory, or the leather has shrunk, the plastic legs of the vents broke, and the vents only stay in place on the flat shrunk leather due to the sticky Ferrari Goo they are covered with?

[​IMG]

22. Tonyguns77

Tonyguns77 Rookie

Jul 19, 2015
    Highlands Ranch Colo
    Full Name:
    Troy Ferguson
    After putting mine on and installing the dash in the car I noticed that since these are flat and don’t go down inside the dash like the factory does, in bright light you can see underside of dash in areas (maybe if everything was black on backside) it would not be as noticeable. I wonder if anyone has tried to trim and stack the new ones on the old ones​

Attached Files:

23. modificator

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    @Tonyguns77 unfortunately this is a problem with your dash. When the leather is properly installed, it wraps around that yellow plastic and even without any vents installed you don't see any yellow. So most likely you have a leather which has shrunk. The stitches above that vent appear not to align with the dash edge which could be another indicator of the shrinkage.

You can't put the aluminum vents over the factory plastic ones, but you could paint the yellow black or insert some leather where it should be (unfortunately I don't think you can do it without the dash removal again)

24. modificator

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
  25. modificator

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    For comparison here is a factory leather which has shrunk a lot, with factory plastic vents (the plastic fasteners which hold the vents are already broken by the leather pulling them up). Yellow plastic clearly visible.

And to answer my own earlier post - seems all the 360s have the same vent design, they look different between cars due to the various levels of damage from the stretched leather.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login