First Saturday drive in the FF with an ominous ending... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First Saturday drive in the FF with an ominous ending...

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Dfmontaz, Apr 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yeah u can but u will have here and there some go to dealer messages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have measured the temp at the battery both inside and outside the thermal blanket and can confirm your readings. Added additional aluminum coating to the thermal blanket on the engine header side and bottom. The heat is incredible. Lithium batteries don't like heat or cold either. If too cold they shut down. If too hot...

3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I couldn't agree more. A lithium battery is not the solution - not when it costs 5-6x that of a lead acid. I'm resigned to replacing the lead acid battery every two years and i don't think there's any way that a lithium battery would last for 10-12 years in that environment.

4. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    All - I wanted to close the loop on this. I did change the battery whilst the issue remained. I ultimately was able to deduce from a couple of different diagnostic test that it was a cam solenoid that needed to be replaced which they handled and the car runs perfectly. Frustrating that no check engine light was ever spotted on this issue but hope this helps anyone else trying to diagnose this issue!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Bundy and ANOpax like this.
  5. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Sadly I Tender every night I drive a min of 3x per week. Its a 20 second inconvenience every drive but worth the potential BS

6. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I drive mine daily and I plug it in as soon as I get into the garage. It’s like a Tesla but with a sweet sounding V12.

7. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    From time to time I seem to call my FF a hybrid....