F8 Limited Run | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 Limited Run

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chizz, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Ouch!

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Good point! Therefore, the F8 has the potential to sound even better. Take the cat off!!! LOL

ryalex likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I said this a long time ago. 488 will be the middle child. I would go further, I think that not only the Speciale or the Aperta will be the most desired or appraised, but the 458 in general. I predict that a well kept 458 will go up in value. We are seeing some creeping up to 488 prices.

ryalex likes this.
  4. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    The point you are missing, is that US dealers are open, UK dealers have been closed since Mid December. Wait till they open on April 12 and let’s come back to this post May 12.. then let’s come back to it in July 12 when the LB V6 Hybrid news comes out and see what the F8 market is doing. I have spoken to 3 dealers I use, through this UK lockdown and they are off the hook busy with cars to go out, but only a minority take their click & collect service, as most customers of cars of £200,000 want to come into a dealer test drive feel the service, especially as it’s their first Ferrari. The dealers have also confirmed to me a lot of the cars advertised on Pistonheads or Autotrader either have deposits on them awaiting a viewing April 12 or old adverts that their admin dept haven’t been in to update. The view is they are hardly worried about having any problems selling cars April 12 onwards, and they see another used stock problem on the horizon...

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Perhaps. They will hold it better than the coupè and 488, but not sure it will stay at MSRP. The 458 Spider does not do that either.

Time will as always tell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I’m not half as knowledgeable as most of you guys here but, IMO the F8 is an instant classic being the last of the line with throwback design elements. I think that will be the reason it holds value well.

GT2goneF, Drson and c8spidey like this.
  7. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    When does yours arrive? I may be placing my order very soon. Looking to live through your excitement while I wait!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Hi Andy,
    I was told last week that there were problems at the port and customs. Hopefully the cars will be released soon. Hard to be patient.

jm2, GT2goneF and AD211 like this.
  9. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Always their tactic!

Pretty disappointing really....

May the Horse be with you

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I placed my order in January and what was supposed to be July is now looking like Sept/October.

jm2 likes this.
  11. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Crazy coincidence, I got a call today I went status 91. So definitely stuck in customs.

Cigarzman, jm2 and GT2goneF like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think you told me at some point, but what is your configuration like?

13. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Rossa Corsa, Yellow Calipers, Shields, Carbon Side Blades, Diamond Cut Wheels with the standard Michelins, and Sport Exhaust on the outside. Interior is Racing Daytonas in Nero with Red Stitching, Red Inserts on the seats, LED and Steering in Carbon, along with the Carbon Bridge, Leather Headliner, Red Belts, Yellow Tach. I also got the Parking Sensors, Lift, and AFS. Those are the things I remember.

raycabale likes this.
  14. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Looking at social media the super car dealers are flying with cars flying out with “racy” click and collect. Amari, TH, Top 555 and Romans selling loads of F8s. Coupe soft esp demo spec, spiders seem good news. I think F8 will hold up much better than disastrous 488 residuals, now going below good 458 examples.

Mickyd329 likes this.
  15. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Well ,not necessarily true as I just sold my 2019 488spider with 2k for just a 55k loss after 2 years of ownership.
    The right spec and condition play a huge role obviously.

16. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    How did you only have 2k miles in 2 years? I’m probably going to do that in 6 months

Cigarzman, AD211 and GT2goneF like this.
  17. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    I know but have a couple of other cars and my F car was a pampered garage queen.
    My F8 spider -coming in June- will definetly get driven more.

Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    If there are any 458's for sale none here as numbers were low to start with. Ones for sale are basically crap for a better word and there is only 2 for the whole of Australia.
    488 different story they will go up as there are many more.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Didn't I tell you this before? It will be several weeks before it arrives to the dealer. Same thing happened to me.

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You can still find a few, but they are selling fast. The car has become an Elizabeth Hurley. Up in age but looks and likely feels AGELESS!.

c8spidey likes this.
  21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    US is a much more rigged market than UK where new and near new Ferrari are all available at independents. There is less scope for F dealers to collude on residuals and allocations.