488 New Owner Experiences | FerrariChat

488 New Owner Experiences

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rotaryrocket7, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thought I would share my experiences on the driving experience.

Picked up a '19 488 spider, good spec for my tastes (original ~$415k MSRP). Driven it about 250 miles at this point and thought I would share some feedback. For context, I also own a 360 spider, '17 Huracan and a AMG gt63.

Love how pointy the front end is, feels very stable and balanced through corner entry and mid corner - exit is completely dependent on throttle and turbo spool. I've found that I need to adjust my driving style and be much more mindful of when the turbo really kicks in as it will immediately oversteer. I need more patience on throttle delivery compared to the any of the other cars. The AMG is turbo as well but I don't suffer near the amount of oversteer...

Overall, really like interior quality, comfort, daily drivability. Wife actually enjoys riding in and driving this car whereas she won't drive the Huracan or the 360 (mainly exhaust noise for the 360 as it has aftermarket muffler and cats). Ferrari has done a nice job of making it a more livable car - which from a purest standpoint might be a turnoff - however I think it makes the owner experience better if it's the only exotic you owned.

I'll tread lightly here since this is a well worn topic - the sound is Ok. Not bad, not amazing. For being a turbo car I think it's quite good actually, now if all you care about is the sound than a turbo car might not be the right choice. Personally there are so many other upsides I think it's not a huge downside.

I'm curious from those that have owned a 488 and moved onto a F8 if that same spool and than instant power delivery is present in the F8 or if they've tuned it differently.

Anyway, happy to be here - hoping you're all enjoying in good health.

rw99, Petrolhead#32 and 3POINT8 like this.
  2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!

3. Scott Holliday

Aug 28, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott Holliday
    Congratulations! Good interior and exterior color choices, :)

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Congrats and good luck. The 488 is amazing in every way.

blkdiablo33 likes this.