VETTEL / ALONSO | Page 4 | FerrariChat

VETTEL / ALONSO

Discussion in 'F1' started by ginoBBi512, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #76 ginoBBi512, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Who cares, but with that being said, so not true, are you kidding me ? , If that idiot danika patrick can drive those cars around an oval so can I , and I would smoke her !! Let alone the WRC guys , its that and always will be that simple. My Lord. The WRC guys would be faster on a dirt oval than the nascars on an equal asphalt track

Thank you

2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    Who wouldn't take their positions
    Lots of money
    Best seat in the house
    No real pressure to perform
    Just show up, drive,make a few feeble excuses and go back to the lap of luxury

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Who cares is that you are letting your bias cloud your judgement.

I agree wrc drivers are some of the best drivers in the world.

However they would absolutely be mid pack at best at an oval track race in asphalt and possibly even dirt track racing.

You are not giving any credit to what it takes to run ovals.

Btw... I hate that I have to defend nascar and indy because I mostly align with you...

But...

Nascar and oval tracks are a MASSIVELY different skill set and the fact is WRC drivers have zero or near zero time and experience on ovals. They would be slow and they would screw up. They wouldn't even know how the set ups and the draft works.

Like I said it's not the highest skill set but it is a different skill set and with that many millionso for dollars involved the competition is force.

Also danica patrick was not very successful at driving on ovals. So she is not a good example.

Alonso is though... He found Zero success finishing 29th

Montoya did alright scoring 2 nascar wins and some top 5s and 10s. But he isn't a champion... So why is that? He should have outraced everyone with his skill set... Yet he hasn't.

Here is the kicker of his wins... He never won on an oval. He won the road races.

Oval racing is a different skill set.

Just like anything.

jpalmito, Jo Sta7 and Senna1994 like this.
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    lol - Hamilton is an epic driver, but If Alonso and Bottas were to swap cars, Lewis would never win another race. Everyone on the grid knows this, even Hamilton. These guys are having fun and living a dream.

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Alonso's first Indy 500 was fantastic, led a lot of laps, was three wide through turn one, hanging in there with the best of the best, engine blew.

Borrow’d Mine and 375+ like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree with everything you said BUT :

The discussion focuses on the level of driving in a mechanical sport that is closest to all-day automobiles and various road conditions.
    WRC drivers are therefore the pinnacle of driving in the literal sense of the word.
    This is what the comparison is all about.

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Sadly 100% accurate and true. Unnecessary rules in F-1. The cars are NOT the pinnacle of technology. that is the sad part.

technom3 likes this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Also here is a funny video clip

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe5t6s4V/