Purchase experience with Ferrari of Newport Beach (split from Ferrari of San Antonio thread) . | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Purchase experience with Ferrari of Newport Beach (split from Ferrari of San Antonio thread) .

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ray Smith, Sep 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    come on, now. not necessary. Don't incite. He admitted the mistake and he wants to move on. Let him be.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    You forgot to quote the rest of the article.

"Instead of being congratulated for his work, including 35 deals pending, he says he was abruptly fired in January 2016, and "perp walked" from the premises. He says he was accused by the dealership of participating in an illegal odometer rollback on a customer's Ferrari when, in fact, he had been opposed to using the Deis Tester. Indeed, a private investigator hired by the dealership falsely accused Root of accepting a $5,000 bribe for participating in the rollback.

Root says the allegations were part of a campaign by the dealership to retaliate, defame him and to cover up its own misconduct.

Grunspan says that Root's legal action is, at its core, an age discrimination lawsuit that has already taken a lot of twists."

A lot of people here worked with Bud, I don't know anyone who thinks he was involved. More like a whistleblower who was fired in retaliation after he raised the alarm. You also neglected to see my point, other franchised Ferrari dealers have been accused of odo rollbacks, by their own staff. And Ferrari gave them the tool to do it. You think it's never happened?

3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Someone is gonna need a really really big keyboard to “hide behind “.

Jamie H likes this.
  4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    With all due respect. He admitted nothing.

He has been bashing users, owners and Ferrari in general for the last week.

Look. He is not the first person to buy a Ferrari only to realize he can't afford it.
    I think many of us dislike him bashing the car, brand and, in particular, users here as he learns that.

Peace.........

anunakki, Flea7, RSQP and 1 other person like this.
  5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I think he works at the same dealer now.

6. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I believe the same, been a while since I have been over there.

7. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Don't forget faster and taller too.

Jamie H likes this.
  8. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    You're new around here?

9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    ignored.

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Laugh and the world laughs with you..;)

11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I see a lot of Bud claims but not a lot of documentation on any of it. “Retaliation”, “defame”, and the fact his PI said he didn’t accept $5k to roll back an odo doesn’t mean he didn’t do it for free and was fired with cause.

All of that aside, I still haven’t seen you post a single document that illustrates a franchised Ferrari dealership altered an odometer 130 miles. I submit the notion is absurd and Ray Smith defamed FoNPB, and unless you’re going to post something that shows conclusively that any Ferrari dealer has rolled back an odometer such a trivial amount, I’ll assume it’s because no such documentation exists.

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That makes you somewhat different. Many of us have plenty of reasons to hide. The security threat alone keeps me anonymous, and I am sure there are countless others on the board who share my opinion.

13. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So you’re leaving the Ferrari world?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster likes this.
  14. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    My 488 came from Ferrari of Washington (Sterling), which was as of last summer owned by Newport Beach. Newport was where my payment was sent upon purchase, per Sterlings instructions. They were a class act to deal with and even gave me the car cover! What a gem of a thread.

15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM

WTF....This is upsetting and more serious to me. Is this true ray?

Cigarzman and 020147 like this.
  16. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I'm not gong document hunting. We know Ferrari gave their dealers a tool that could roll back the odo and Bud is back at FoPB.

17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

JAM1 likes this.
  18. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Ray Smith banned 5 days for posting a PM containing confidential, personal info of another user.

Thecadster likes this.
  19. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    We'll that's a shame. I guess I will wait 5 days , make some more popcorn and continue the drama next Saturday. This is way better than TV:)

20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The longer he takes to respond, the worse it looks for him. Of course, now that he’s banned, we’ll all have to wait longer.

21. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ray is a strange character
    He likes to provoke responses

If i ever buy from a dealer things like car covers must be on the contract of sale
    Otherwise it isnt yours

Thecadster likes this.
  22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm no fan of Ray, as you can read from my earlier posts on this thread, but that is a very devastating accusation. I hope you have evidence, e.g have Clyde identify himself here, to back it up or be ready for a serious mea culpa.

23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I have to Google stolen valor act passed by the congress. WTF. I hope the accusation is not true, Ray. Many veterans on this board. I have upmost respect for veterans.

24. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    You just never know. As you stated, lots of veterans here and Ray has done nothing but talk crap since he got here.

25. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dig the avatar! :D

Face76 likes this.