Do Ferrari fans revel in pain? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do Ferrari fans revel in pain?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Mar 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

No thanks :D

jpalmito likes this.
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Come on, you had all that time with Schumacher and all that time with Fergie.

Try being a Ferrari and an Arsenal fan...

Actually try being a Williams and Tottenham fan.

There again Williams have won something in my life time.

Anyway it’s all better than being a fan of who ever is winning things when they are winning things.

sammysaber, DeSoto and jpalmito like this.
  3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Well of course, everything comes to an end. My frustration with both the Scuderia and Man U is, inconsistency. The wrong people are in key vital positions. I would take Bielsa or Brendan Rogers anytime over Solksjaer

Re - Williams
    They drove themselves to the ground by not embracing changes

Re - Spurs
    They lack depth. And having the wrong manager.

635CSI likes this.
  4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think what makes Ferrari so special, is that not only have they raced in all of F-1, but they also raced in almost all other categories and won. Indy car the exception. ( I know Ascari raced at Indy in a Ferrari - but they have never finished.) Ferrari have won in almost all other categories of Racing - sports cars, prototypes, endurance, Hill climb, rally, F2, F3, the only other Manufacturers who have done this are Porsche, perhaps Lotus.

Bas likes this.
  5. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    If you only support a team when they are winning, you're not a fan but a front runner ...

#essereFerrari ...

635CSI and Bas like this.
  6. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    The proof of that is easy to obtain. Go to Monza for the Italian GP. Win or lose, experience the Tifosi reactions. If the team wins or loses, drive down to Maranello and see the banners flying from everywhere. When the Scuderia wins they ring the church bells.

The passion is infectious.

I've seen it and felt it. It's a major reason I bought a Ferrari. Passion.

SimCity3 and 635CSI like this.
  7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I admit that I would quickly loose patience rooting for a team that stops performing to my expectation.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    well, while the experience certainly supports a dim view, the future is a blank slate!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I was a Williams fan in the 1970's, and I remain in deep admiration for what Frank has done, from working on a shoestring budget at the beginning of the 1970's (remember the surname "Williams the w.nker"?) then becaming THE force to be reckoned with in 1979, then doing it again with Honda in 1985 - 1986, then with Renault in the '90s, then - almost -doing it again with BMW in the 2000s...
    and I am still hoping against all hopes, even considering that Frank and Claire are out, so that it isn't "Williams" anymore, that someday, somehow, the light will shine on that name again.

I am a traditionnalist, one who gives great importance to continuity and success along the years and against all tides; I never was much of a fan of Ron Dennis the man, but I do admire what he did for McLaren.

But as for Ferrari, well...
    Since Luca Di Montezemolo bade farewell, nothing has ever been the same for me. Indifferent corporate people, indifferent results.
    LdM is 74 nowadays, so his time is past, but there is no-one charismatic at Ferrari anymore. Its a corporation now, and a bland one: Binotto has as much charisma as a jellyfish crossed with a chewing-gum, and no result...
    I have nostalgia for the Old Man's times, and for LdM times, but frankly, today, I couldn't care less...and I couldn't care less about their roadcars either: no style, no grace, no class. A travesty of what it was in the past.

Rgds

william likes this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    My views exactly. The soul has gone out of Ferrari.
    It's just another sports car company, and another racing team.
    Nothing special ...

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Fully agree on the first part.
    A little harsh judgment on the state of Ferrari today, isn’t it? They are doing the best they can with regulations that remove one of their strengths, which has always been mechanical emotion.
    In terms of design, this is a matter of taste.

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Not really

Then where is the manual transmission in street cars ?? The removal was the first sign of losing any/all emotion for things mechanical.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Unfortunately Ferrari has succumbed to market forces, rather than continuing to dictate from the front with a two-fingered salute to conventional wisdom. A quality that Enzo excelled at.

China and Gulf States prefer vanilla and easy auto boxes.
    17 Ferrari dealerships in mainland China.

jpalmito likes this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Meh, the same was said when FIAT bought half of the company, when Enzo Ferrari died, when they put fuel injection and cats, and now again that Montezemolo left.

You know the old saying: everything has to change to stay the same. McLaren now is doing better without Ron Dennis than with him, and it's not that the Williams were doing a stellar job. Life goes on.

15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Loyalty is something I dare say Kravitz must not understand.
    Ferrari loses the next 30 years, I'm still a supporter. I won't be happy or quiet, but still will be loyal.

stavura, ingegnere, fil and 2 others like this.