Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Only one person in this conversation sounds hateful. I didn’t say I didn’t respect him, the OP suggests he is not getting the respect he deserves. Hamilton comes across as a jerk often, and yes behaves hypocritical, and whines a lot. Perhaps those are reasons he is not getting respected. Read and understand my post before you comment on me personally.

2. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Yes no shady accidents with Hamilton...lol His super license had more dings on it last year than a New York taxi.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Barking at the wrong tree. Is he sneaky and political yeah?
    But he doesn’t have incidents like senna or Schumacher and I’m the biggest senna fan ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william, F2003-GA and ktu like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No where near a comparison to Schumacher's disqualification or on track antics

william likes this.
  5. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    That much is true, but much of that is due to rules changes. If Hamilton was driving in the 80’s and 90’s he would’ve put Rosberg in the gravel trap every weekend, don’t doubt it. F1 is so sterile now, soon it will be a penalty to pass someone, because it might hurt their feelings.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

#131 Natkingcolebasket69, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Yes it’s pretty boring those guys are very young... they have talent but I miss the old days where more bravery was involved.

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So Hamilton would have 10 championships buy now if the rules were the same?

8. Natkingcolebasket69

How so ?

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Previous drivers have won championships buy creating incidents, poster states rules were different, Ham could have benefited if rules were same.

10. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Most likely he would have far less. He has 7 titles because he drives an unbreakable spaceship simulator against a team mate who is clearly not his equal. The equipment used in the times I speak of broke far more often and the competition was far more fierce. Hamilton has 7 WDC because he is an exceptionally quick driver, where the equipment and rules favor him. That is why it’s pointless to compare records as a way of determining who’s the best driver of all time. Apples and oranges

SimCity3 likes this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am glad you said that !

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I disagree, Sterling Moss said the more reliable cars of modern era produces better competition. No longer can a slow driver win because the faster driver had a mechanical and vice versa. If every driver's car is reliable, more drivers have a chance in the race. Thus better competition. Also the competition in performance is closer today than in the past. During the 90's the 1st place car was 10 seconds faster than the last car, now its 2-3 seconds. Also Hamilton's 2007 car and after were definitley not an "unbreakable spaceship simulator". He still won races and a championship. The current equipment and rules favor every driver. Just like past rules. F1 always changes, all a driver can do is dominate in their era.

spirot, Terra and william like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

I am always fair. I do get that Hamilton annoys sum but I don’t understand people thinking it’s just the car because he won at every level against any competition.
    People glorify Raikonnen , Alonso & Verstappen but none have his resume.

355TDI, Boomhauer, Terra and 2 others like this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #139 jpalmito, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021

This week Canal plus made a complete documentary about Hamilton. The most interesting part remains 2007-2008. Their 2014-2021 tally remains strangely boring as if it could have been summed up in a single year.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Well the battles with rosberg were at least interesting ;)

16. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I agree, Formula 1 failed the fans from 2014-2021. Any racing series that allows one manufacturer and driver to dominate that long has lost its way. They need to take a page from DTM. Each week a BMW wins, then an Audi, then an MBZ, etc. The drivers championships often come down to 4-5 different drivers. They should’ve changed the formula long ago.

17. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis

So you feel like we had great competition the last 6 seasons..?? It was a snore fest most of the time.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Historically though that’s how f1 has been, not for as long but that’s how it is... Ferrari won 6 in a row and 8 in 10 seasons.
    I agree here the domination has been even more but it’s not totally uncommon... Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ktu likes this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah there have been years where Mercedes had competition with Ferrari, Redbull has been in the mix. As a team Mercedes has been dominant. This has all happened before in F1, history repeats itself, nothing new. Only difference is the cars are now all closer in competition/performance, so the top runners mistakes are more costly when building stats.

20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1
    Especially 2016 when Rosberg was allowed to borrow Hamilton's engineering A-Team ;)

Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The difference is Ferrari had a dominant car for just 3 seasons out of their 6 x WCC.

Good battles and well deserved

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    But notice the championships are being decided earlier in the year !! after fewer %-age races !! and larger margins !!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed but overall, people tend to forget it’s a common theme to see a dominating team for a while in f1... just not as much and as long as Merc though;)

Boomhauer and william like this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    What rubs some people the wrong way is Mercedes ... and Hamilton.

Boomhauer likes this.
  25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Ofcourse.

But we also have the uneducated or biased that assume Schumacher's spectacular performances were attributable to a long-running dominant Ferrari.

Since 1996, we know that wasn't the case.

:D

furoni and jpalmito like this.