Fitting decent modern speakers behind the door | FerrariChat

Fitting decent modern speakers behind the door

Discussion in '206/246' started by mccand, Apr 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mccand

mccand Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Greg McCandless
    Hi all, I just thought I'd share because finding a way to put speakers behind the door using the existing holes was non-trivial. This is my first post attempting to include images and links. I have attempted a link to the google slides I made which have a to-scale template in case anyone else wants to do this in the future. It was very hard to find a speaker that was flush on top, and had holes that matched the factory holes, and could be put in from the front to allow all the manipulation to get it in there. And they are decent speakers with high efficiency.

Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-ewCb-K7UDjYriGoVWARJRDtWgmajyWz6Q6JginQZYU/edit?usp=sharing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

energy88 likes this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice job! What is the brand/source of the speakers?

3. mccand

mccand Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Greg McCandless
    Thanks! Infinity Kappa 64CFX. The link I put in the original post I think states it on the second page with the template. I had to bond rivet washers as well as nuts to the speaker to make it work, and also had to cut out some of the plastic speaker mounting square to clear bits behind the door. Left and right were of course different! I am having the door cards re-made and re-upholsterer. The old ones not only had the speakers crudely mounted, but they had also warmed and popped out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login