The Purosangue Thread | Page 57 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Thanks for sharing!

I didn’t realize that before, but the wheel arches are wider than on the original Levante body.

MDEL likes this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    A car publication mentioned recently that the Purosangue mule is much tinier than the Maserati Levante donor car with both the front and rear doors cut to fit inside a visibly shorter wheelbase.
    By putting side by side the Ferrari mule with a BMW M4 coupe mule just as an example, becomes evident how low to the ground the Purosangue can sit. Despite coming with a suspension that will offer different levels of ground clearance, all the Purosangue mules spotted with a Levante body were sitting low to the ground. That could suggest that the Purosangue instead of being an SUV or a Cross-over in fact will be an evolution of the GTC4 perhaps with improved road handling capabilities.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Like I’ve said what’s in the camo is the body of the Maserati Grecale not the Levante.

MDEL likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

I sincerely hope you are right.

MDEL and F2003-GA like this.
  5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    For my taste, it still needs to be lower than that.

crinoid and MDEL like this.
  6. PB033

PB033 Karting

Dec 13, 2019
    Switzerland
    I heard from someone working at Ferrari that the Purosangue is likely going to be the last V12 Ferrari.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting gossip.. but its another reason why every time someone asks to buy one of my 12s I cringe.. its like taking a piece of body when I ever sell one.

8. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Ferrari will still continue to use NA V12 after the 812VS and the Purosangue. The difference will be that the engine will be « helped » by electric engines, but still NA.

Caeruleus11, MDEL and isot like this.
  9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    By comparing pictures of the Purosangue mule and the Maserati Levante Trofeo taken from very similar angles, by using vertical lines that are parallel to each other the following can be observed:

- The wheelbase and the length of the two cars seem to be identical

- The distance between the most rear end of the rear door and the most front end of the front door seems to be shorter on the Purosangue mule.

Perhaps someone else can find a better explanation…..:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11, Smiles and 456-boy like this.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    As each new mule picture comes out I feel more hopeless.

11. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    This is getting more and more interesting! Especially on these shots that show Roma-like front lights. It’s tempting to say they are the final lights, with the new aesthetics from the Monza and Roma - but, remember the mule of the Portofino M wearing Roma headlights, that fooled us as the Portofino M keeps the standard lights from the Portofino.

After a quick look at the camouflage of this Purosangue, it seems it’s the first time we see this mule - never seen before even with other lights.

12. snowboy458

snowboy458 Karting

Jan 31, 2013
    Looks more like Ford Focus competitor rather than Urus, DBX or Bentayga. It looks very small and hatchback-y

italiafan likes this.
  13. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think you are missing the point of its market placement and use vs performance.
    Based on info, rumors and spyshots it looks like a new market segment to me. It will go between a 2+2 and an SUV i.e. a true sports SUV. I also thinking 4/AWD with a twin turbo V8. The front is very short for a V12 IMO

14. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    It’s going to be available with a V12

WilliamB, MDEL and 456-boy like this.
  15. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The Taycan Sport Turismo now plays on the same segment as where the Purosangue will perform. They are true competitors! Bentayga, Urus, DBX, and so on, are true SUVs with high floor clearance, and are not positioned on the same marked as the Purosangue.

And yes the Purosangue will be offered with a V12 (from the 812SF or 812VS, time will tell). BMW fitted a V12 into a X5 some years ago... everything is possible with a shoehorn

16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This Purosangue mule was spotted again in Germany a few days ago and seems to be the same that was recently spotted driving on the snow in Sweden. Apparently there are at least two different Purosangue mules, one has been seen driving around Fiorano and this one seems to be located in Germany. The label on this mule's door says "Test Vehicle [email protected]". BEG is Bosch Engineering Group that caters for complete development life cycle for ADAS (Advanced driver-assistance systems) for high end cars . That suggests that they are testing all these systems on the Purosangue.
    Finally, the "german" Purosangue mule front brakes rotors seen in the picture have a smaller diameter and are different from the ones of the mule seen driving around Fiorano.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

456-boy likes this.
  17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  19. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    MDEL likes this.
  20. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    It pretty much has to look like the Roma made into an SUV, doesn't it?

I mean, would they create a whole new design language and just use it on one car? Isn't this the entry point to the range, with new buyers, after all?
    What do you guys think?

21. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    As much as I like that render it still means squat. We are a year away from reveal probably.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

22. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    #1424 Forza Scuderia, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    For the life of me I cannot understand the memetic persistence of these ridiculous Perosangue renders. I mean seriously ... more ‘don’t quit your day job’ designer wannabes have vomited up chopped and shopped Frankenstein patchwork fever dreams of what they think this vehicle is going to look like than all other Ferraris in the history of the world. Combined.

The question is ... why? Do y’all really think we can’t imagine what a Roma SUV would look like ... or a Portofino SUV ... or a Superfast SUV ... because we’ve seen all these about 1,200 times. Does it fill grown men with a sense of pride that they can cut and paste car parts onto other cars through the ‘magic of computers’? (“Look mummy! I’ve made a drawering!” ) Is Adobe giving away Photoshop during the pandemic?! What the hell is going on here?

It is absurd to say that Ferrari won’t develop a new design language for this car. That’s exactly what they are going to do. Because they have to. The only good thing about these renders is that they are setting the public’s expectations sooooooo low ... that when they reveal the actual vehicle ... it’s going to be so fresh and exciting ... so different than these awful renderings ... that people are going to be blown away by it. It wouldn’t be surprised if guys from Centro Stile are putting these out there themsleves so that people will be relieved when they finally see the real thing.

Whoever it is putting these out ... please stop. You’re hurting my wet computer.

23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

You don’t need to read this thread. In fact, do the FChat community a great service and never visit the entire site again.