Saying goodbye to Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Saying goodbye to Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by czlandi, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U know I’d love for u to adopt me but I’m team MJ all day everyday on that one;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Does not scare you in the wet but you want a convertible? What, an umbrella in Blighty?

In the EU and the UK, not to mention CH, trouble with any speed is all over the place.
    The fines are huge, even with a FIAT 500 motorcar. Abarth? Oh no!

So you guys (OK, the less informed) voted the civil servants in, and you (they) supported their inane speed limits
    yet you have cars with 500+ (conservatively at the bottom of the barrel) so what is the point of living there and driving?
    Stay in 2nd gear all day?
    Move to the 3rd world were you can be blatantly a hoodlum and drive 80 or heavens forbid, 90 mph as in most of the USA.

You have a car that has 800 HP? Was not even aware they were available to the general public.
    Once I drove a 935 on the track, and I really don't know how it compares to 800HP, even though the 935 had only 750HP.
    I still think 800HP is unusable, but that's only my thought. So you break by 100% the speed limit in, what, 7 secs.?

Seriously, I think you have a terrific car, I agree 100% about the 'Factory and its minions', but please don't take a bath, and stick with it.

It will cost less to repair the key-ing a h oles, than to give up car you obviously really put your heart and GBP's into.
    Now, that you have vented out, have a great, no, really, a fantastic bottle of incredibly expensive Single Malt,
    and get happy about all the money you saved.

I say keep it!

Best of luck!
    Regards, Alberto

JTSE30 and ginoBBi512 like this.
  3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    PS. Go to a sunny place for awhile, you can always sell (?) the car the following month.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No real explanation other than Michael jordan decided he wanted one in the 11th hour and mine never showed up.

CottonCandy, ryalex, LARRYH and 3 others like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Your specs are confusing you want a depreciated used car, spend up to 120k but no more than 350 hp
    you can get that done in have the budget you're mentioning

7. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    That’s crazy !

MDS

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
  9. MikeMonty

MikeMonty Karting

May 28, 2004
    Nashville TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lotus Exige.

ShineKen and plastique999 like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Damn. Sucks , but understandable. No one dare says no to Michael Jordan unfortunately. I’m sure you’ll land one someday.

11. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    Other than the HP, Audi R8 checks your other boxes

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Hes an awfully big dude to be in a Ferrari lol .Wasnt there a fellow on here selling his 812 ? If I had the money, I would have one here asap !! I remember a dealer telling me I would not find a V4s Streetfighter anywhere in the country, I found one 10 minutes after we had spoken, In MA, and I had It shipped to me here in CA.

Thank you

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Actually dont want one anymore.
    Hybrid not for me. F50 is.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Damn, I'd be pissed!
    F50 to lick the wounds....actually, yeah, I think you ended up with the better car...!

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I dont have an f50. I have f40 which is the best of the 3!

Stealthssfc, Wazzer, ross and 4 others like this.
  16. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Interesting you say that ... I've been shopping and watching prices going up on the 2018 GT3 manuals ( touching $200K now ) ... The GT4's are ~ $120K. Another great car by Porsche at a more attractive price :)

MDS

LARRYH and Texas Forever like this.
  17. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    yup. Thats where Id go

18. Cali T HS

Cali T HS Rookie

Sep 12, 2020
    Zurich Switzerland
    The one which ticks most of the boxes is the Boxster GTS, a 2016 model. Except that you wont spend £100-120 for it. Alternatively you buy the new 4.0 L Boxster but this one won't be depreciated yet.

LARRYH likes this.
  19. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Another vote for the C8 Corvette. Easy to drive. Has all the safety / driving help you could need, and is quick when you want it to be.

I've owned and driven a ton of great cars, and the new C8 is the best one I have ever driven.

Mine had a $77k list, which blows me away in today's car pricing market.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Maybe in 3 more years once they have all the really dangerous problems resolved...or never may be more suitable...

for instance
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2020-corvette-2021-corvette-wheel-porosity-issue-acknowledged-by-gm-158441.html

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It’s too fast for his use case though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Christopher,

I agree with you Ferrari are not cheap. The 100K you lost is the 'virgin' premium. Being the first and only owner of a car is extremely important to some. I wouldn't call you a 'sucker' any more than I would call these other folks swindled.

You're also paying for Ferrari uniqueness. I go on a drive; I will see no shortage of Boxsters/Caymans/911s.

With limited production runs, you get the opposite of economies of scale, hence the higher cost.

To many, wearing the same outfit as everybody else doesn't matter; I don't particularly appreciate wearing the same shirt as three other folks at social engagements.

Most folks would call me superficial for feeling this, and they are right. I do like the extroverted elements of my vehicle to reflect my personality: I feel good when I look good.

Maybe one day, I'll be blessed to 'not care' beyond purely functional needs.

We can then both buy used 911s and call it a day.

Denizined and papou like this.
  23. Mark Blanchard

Mark Blanchard Karting

Nov 26, 2020
    UK, Oxfordshire
    Full Name:
    Mark Blanchard
    Lotus Evora 410. Great cars and reliable.

Or Ferrari 360. Prices have depreciated and some great bargains to be had.

24. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    As well as not being available in the UK (yet ?) let alone small enough for OP as noted

25. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #75 ginoBBi512, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    They should have put a DOHC motor in that corvette, I saw a guy on you tube, cut one on half, and then point out all the flaws. Get a Porsche, you cant go wrong, and keep the 812. Outside of a Porsche, you dont want to drive a car that everyone and their mother are seen in, and yes, Ferraris are getting to be like that, but not an 812 , and not as much as a corvette or a mustang. Porsche still understands that there are some people , and a very few at that, are still looking for a driving machine , something that they can be involved in, 3 peddles . GMC said no more manuals in the corvettes because they were not selling enough of them. Owning a Ferrari and a Porsche is one of the best combinations ! Best wishes .
    (Im hoping for the hat trick, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo ! )

Thank you

EnzoItaly likes this.