Source for lower radiator supports | FerrariChat

Source for lower radiator supports

Discussion in '206/246' started by swift53, Mar 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Anyone have a source, or an extra set for 03724 with AC.

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Well, found a great solution here. 2 mounts re-vulcanized for $15. Not bad at all.
    The plus, also a business write off.

Sometimes it really pays off as cottage industry here, hidden under the floor, works out.
    Just rebuilt two missing teeth from a Nissan transmission. $50 and works like a charm.

Had a reverse gear from a Colotti racing transmission remade from scratch, the previous was missing 4 teeth,
    so they sliced the damaged one at 90 degrees, to see how deep the hardening was, and they went off and produced a whole new gear
    even better made than the Colotti. When I told Mr. Colotti Sr. this story, he just smiled and gifted me the blueprint for his box.

Here, before our 'little civil war' when our dear friend Mr. Carter imposed land reform, our agriculture was booming
    and these industries were needed to maintain the tractor, industrial machinery, etc., fleet running,
    as everything, spare parts, etc., came by telex and boat, very inefficiently and more often than not, lost.

We became extremely efficient and proficient, in manufacturing these little tidbits, with tremendous quality. Brilliant!
    Who'd a thunk that a 3rd world little place as this, could and still can.

OK, enough of a plug. Just wanted to share a tidbit of history.

Regards, Alberto

Jon Hansen likes this.
  3. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wasn't sure what part you meant and you didn't include TAV #, item # or ID so I thought you were looking for structural metal....

4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Scott, they are the 2 Rubber tubes with studs at both ends that support the HEAVY radiator + AC Condenser, at the bottom, and onto the chassis, but I guess you already know that :)
    I am dry fitting almost all key..ish components, except the engine before painting. Hate surprises...

Regards, Alberto