Gran Turismo Finlandese - From Finland to Italy in a classic Alfa Spider | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo Finlandese - From Finland to Italy in a classic Alfa Spider

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by finlandese, Mar 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. finlandese

finlandese Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Finland
    A film that I made about my road trip from Finland to Italy (and a bit more)a couple of summers ago. Twists and turns, childhood dreams and a bit of mid-life crisis included! :-D

https://youtu.be/eWYuc2c9mI0 (in english)

2. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    What was it like travelling in the Alfa? Thinking about getting one as a second car for use when we are in SoCal.

3. finlandese

Jan 1, 2006
    Finland
    Oh, it´s the perfect road trip classic. I bought this Spider specifically for this trip. I´ve had five Spiders and they are mechanically very reliable cars. In addition to that almost everything in the car can be fixed with a screwdriver and a 10 or 13mm wrench. They have a great soft top, enough space for comfortable travelling and good lockable boot. As far as the driving goes, discs at all corners, five speed transmission, and cooling that is made for hard driving (6,5 litre oil capacity!). Twin cam and twin Webers for the soundtrack! Enough performance and long legs for keeping up with (or past) the modern traffic (8,8 sec. 0-60 top 200 km/h), but not too fast to get in to trouble while enjoying the performance (we were going to Switzerland..).

Face76 likes this.
  4. finlandese

Jan 1, 2006
    Finland
    Oh, and everyone you meet loves them! :)

5. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    This makes me really miss mine...indeed, perfect car for such a trip!

finlandese likes this.