GlasWerks Issue/Recommendation Needed | FerrariChat

GlasWerks Issue/Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by daoman, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    All,

Having some issues with GlasWerks and need to move on. I need a recommendation for a film installer in the DC area.

This is my first time dealing with them but after my run in today in which it ended with them saying I wouldn't work with them either after the way I was treated (at least they where honest). I called around and found others have had similar experiences and that they are no longer welcome at my local dealership,

I have herd the owner is great but the rest of the staff is not.

Hope they fix those issues.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    Thank you for the PMs so far. I will keep all conversations confidential.

3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Very disappointed to hear this experience. I was going to have a clear bra installed at glaswerks, but will now go elsewhere after reading this.

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

I am a partner at Glaswerks and a long time customer of FoW and I race in the Challenge series under their flag. If we want their business we get it but we are too busy so please dont spread false information. Not sure who you are calling "around town" but that is more misinformation as our reputation is stellar.

Also, my understanding is that you called in and made demands and was condescending to my partner - his side to the story. We strive to take care of people and do things the right way but right now there is a very high demand for our services and a shortage of talent so we are running behind. COVID hurt us a bit as we have some folks Europe coming in but they are not able to right now. This will hopefully be resolved in April.

With this said you are welcome to come see me. I will be in town next Monday and Tuesday and then the following week.

5. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    Thank you for your reply.

In summary:

You can get all of the work you want from FOW but you are too busy.

Your reputation is stellar.

Your services are in very high demand and do to a shortage of talent in the area you are getting people from Europe to help but they can't come now.

I am welcome to come and see you.

At no point did you ask for my side of things, apologize for the experience I had or make an effort to correct your work. I do appreciate that I can "come and see you" though that sentence in itself is insulting.

As unproductive as it is going to be in responding to you I felt that your response was so ridiculous that I had to respond.

1) You response I felt was full of defensiveness and had a bully tone to it, there is something behind that and I don't think it is a stellar reputation.

2) Your reputation is not stellar. From the feed back I have received here on the forum and by phone calls tells a very different story. I will continue to keep all conversations confidential.

3) When I said "my local dealership" I was not talking about FOW.

This could have been handled in a very different way. You could have easily responded with empathy and a willingness to communicate to fix things. Instead I felt you sent a response telling me how successful your business is and if I wanted to come and see you I could. At this point I don't feel it would be productive to summarize the feedback I have been receiving or respond to you any further.

Moderator: Please close the thread if you see fit.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Why close the thread? That's a pretty weak request. Why would I apologize to someone for being arrogant and demanding as opposed to respectful and cordial? Someone who goes online and disparages a small business and only giving one side. Good news is people here have seen this type of posts too many times and know better.

Also it was clear you were referring to FoW. I've already gotten the feedback I need concerning this and your posts say it all.

Please note this is a business I own because I'm an enthusiast and love these cars and all of our customers. We go above an beyond to help people but we also are happy to not work with certain people as its just not worth it.

Feel free to go somewhere else if you like and if you want to discuss in person I'm happy to do so.

Now feel free to close the thread.

7. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I must say, I appreciate glaswerk’s response to these accusations. Well handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Always happy to make things right and handle them the right way. Just come see me or call. I don't do this for the money, it's a passion.

9. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    “Whywould I apologize to someone for being arrogant and demanding as opposed to respectful and cordial? ”

this quote is why it is going to be unproductive give.

As much as I would like to continue to watch you dismantle yourself and bully I am going to move on.

I wasn’t talking about FOW. They tried to connect us and you refused.

I would be happy to let you “come see me” I would suggest you should move on as well.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good luck to you, I hope you get your car squared away. If you change your mind I'd be happy to meet with you anytime.

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Just an FYI.

I have no dog in this hunt, I no longer live in PA, but do pop in to see what's going on and saw this thread.

From a moderation standpoint, we don't generally close these, because you just never know if there might be further developments, or information one or the other party might want to add. So . . .

Carry on.

D

Gh21631 likes this.
  12. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Seems both parties have said their peace publicly, thread closed.

Gh21631 likes this.