FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Exciting finish. Impressive what Lewis did on old tires.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You make it sound as if Lewis did it one lap and from the next one onwards Red Bull told Max it's game on. Lewis had been doing it for a long time with the FIA being inactive. Max started doing it as instructed (he even questioned it, why don't they enforce track limits?), and the FIA comes on the horn and says ''enough of that''.

The FIA was napping all weekend. In F2 they even gave a driver a 10 second penalty, the guy does it, then gets told he's not allowed on the podium because he didn't take the penalty! Fully ****ing asleep as per usual.

kes7u and Giallo 550 like this.
  3. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

No excuses from Max and reasonably upbeat. He knows he has a fast car. He knows that throwing away the race would be way worse than finishing 2nd.

4. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    He had another good line today. Watching Hamilton go wide at Turn 4, "Welcome back to the racetrack, Lewis."

5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It is absolutely fair to say the FIA monumentally messed up on the track limit rules today. Chaos. They have to do better. This is really simple. Breach track limits once in a race its a warning. Breach again and it’s black and white flag. Breach a third time or more and it’s 5 seconds per breach. Not hard is it!

Isobel, Dino2010, Giallo 550 and 9 others like this.
  6. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Indeed. Max has to feel good about his pace all weekend. He knows he can challenge Lewis. Especially if -- and hopefully this will be the case -- they can get Perez farther forward in the field.

One thing that Red Bull will be kicking themselves over is where they let Hamilton pass. Had they let him by on the long straight into Turn 1, Max could have exited much closer to Hamilton and been in a better position to contest the last few laps.

Senna1994 and Bas like this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fully agree.

The swap was quite annoying, Lewis slowed down significantly so his tyres could recoup a little bit of temperature (quite a smart play), even when Max was letting him pass he had to get out of the throttle even more than he already did...not ideal. Red Bull Should've told him at the end of that back straight or even earlier, if possible...so max would let him pass before turn 9

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    How to become a 7 world title champion in f.1:
    Version A: You are a super talented driver, you win titles in a lesser car, and then help rebuild a team and make it invencible, by working your ass off, testing like crazy, and by driving better and faster than everyone else, demolishing the oposition..
    Version B: You win the first title thanks to a rigged race that on any other sport would have been eliminated from the championship, and then, you go to a team that bought the FIA and wrote the rule for a car they had been building 3 years in advance, and put in place a set of rules that prevent everyone else to catch up, and just to play it safe, you buy a couple of Stewards, just to ensure that if your drive arrives second, you penalize the one who has arrived first, and if someone overtakes him, you force him to give him back the position.....i must say, this option is a lot safer than the first, and a lot easyer, because you don't need a super talented guy like in the first case, in fact you can do it with half the grid.

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This was the major issue for RedBull I think -

Verstappen: Red Bull lacked flexibility on tyres in Bahrain GP
    By: Jonathan Noble
    Mar 29, 2021, 11:14 AM
    Max Verstappen thinks Red Bull could have done a better job with its strategy for the Formula 1 Bahrain GP, after boxing itself in with its tyre usage in practice.

10. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Like a lot of people, I find it strange that Lewis was able to burn the limits all race and it was only until RB told Max he could that they clamped down. I don't blame Lewis at all. Regardless of how I feel about him, I just can't deny that he can drive the sh*t out of that car. I'll leave if he's the GOAT or not to others who have the ability to definitively decide such things with complete and accurate certainty... but I could never be one of the Lewis haters who things he's a sham. RB lost the race for themselves this time. They should've complained about track limit violations far earlier or at least told Max to stretch the corner himself a lot earlier. A slower pit stop didn't help either. Regardless, I just had the sick feeling that once Lewis came went ahead of Max... the sun, the moon, the stars, and everything in the universe was going to align for him like it always does.

Senna1994 and william like this.
  11. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What does make me supremely happy is watching Lando beat Ric. That was great. I hope that happens all season. I'm anxious to see the next couple races to see some trending. Will Vettel ever show up? I'm a fan and defender... but it's getting hard. That clash with Ocon was just stupid. And for him to question Ocon's line was even dumber. If Stroll... who's shown he can drive... and fast... continues to beat Vettel in qually and the race... it's curtains.

Senna1994, william and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    +1000........and yet another video oif the same action with 2 different drivers

13. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Good race. Max almost got the job done. He was close enough that Lewis can feel the heat. I think Perez would have been up there in third if he had not had that problem before the start. Tsunoda was a nice surprise. I'll be watching him. He and Russell are the two young talents I find interesting...which ever gets the better car. And right now, Tsunoda has it. If Russell wants to be a champion, and not just another driver, then needs to move somewhere else, and do it this season. He's dying of old age at Williams.

Maybe it is time to stop with all the different tire compounds. Just give them one basic compound and how they manage it is each team's business. If they can go a full race on a set or if they elect to change tires...lets keep it simple.

Bas likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Vettel, you stink.

Good riddance!

Giallo 550 likes this.
  15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    On the track limits question, remember this was specifically enforced during practice/qualifying as a time deletion cause. The turn has a strange design that almost forces drivers off the circuit because that's where the natural apex is. They explained during the driver meeting that they would not penalize anyone for exceeding the limits at t4, but changed once RBR said that Merc were gaining an advantage.

Under any circumstance, Max would have been forced to relinquish his position after passing outside of the circuit. RBR knew that and relinquished, versus getting a 5-second penalty. Horner said there wasn't enough time to build up a 5 second cushion as they were on the penultimate lap.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think Lewis is the one feeling like he stayed close enough to pull off the upset...

17. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Agreed. I was shocked they left him out and I was wondering if Red Bull poached some of Ferrari’s strategists in the off-season.

18. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Nice language for a mod. Oooh, where's your mod status? :D

paulchua likes this.
  19. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Max is an moron.
    Hamilton is an idiot and he knows it.
    That's the difference.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Neither are that, they're the top 2 drivers in the world giving us a nail bitter of a race

fer312t, Thomas S., Terra and 5 others like this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    :) Members (including Mods) are allowed to disparage public figures, as long as it doesn't violate site rules (i.e., racist) - or have nothing to do with politics.
    Something is broken with that man. To have gotten last in qualification and 2nd to last in Race. I mean, he has no excuse, Stroll and Checo ate his lunch.

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yet another head-shaking moment. Sucker Blamed Ocon too.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  24. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Racing like never, loosing like always... ferrari running the mud pack instead the front...

Dino2010 likes this.