Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 77 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    o_O

Yeah, you're not really succeeding

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    In my opinion he has an ugly soul, his eyes have changed ,attitude has changed, blame and finger pointing constantly. Acting like hes cool when he takes his helmet off and has to turn away to towel his face after such an exhausting drive in his immaculate vehicle. Always walking into another drivers interview and camera time. The oh look at my dreadlock corn rows, putting on a rubber band and hand always on his head. He sold his soul. Im sure Mr. Hamilton didnt raise him to become what he is now as a person. His father helped this kid all the way and now L:H wants to tear down F1 and spread awareness? What an azz, Dude come on. if he has encountered so many bad things against him and his type in the sport, how has he become so successful ? So he is walking on all that has helped to bring him here.
    Just my opinion . Thats all

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's manufactured.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    He belongs on this show...E! not F1...

fil, jpalmito and absostone like this.
  4. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The 'I used to like him, but now he's changed' trope has been making the rounds since world championship number 1.

Always been Lewis a nice boy - humble but self confident and likes a bit flash. Bit too uppity for some. In a lot of people's heads. Long may it continue.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed on all u said but he is not humble nearly none of his f1 guys and top athletes are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I don't know about him, but modesty has always been my greatest quality.

Rgds

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    One who must go on about how poor he was in his early life all the time is not a modest man.

8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lets put this in perspective. If you want to hate some one you will find a way. Their are many people who see Hamilton as being an inspiration, being positive, and being a competitor. He is a inspiration to many different kids from different cultures. There is something to dislike about EVERY F1 driver. I will get banned if I repeated some things that people said about Schumacher. but I don't spend all my energy hating him as some do with Hamilton. Hamilton has multiple charities and foundations, has done many kind gestures, Billy Monger comes to mind. As I said, people will pick and choose what they want to see if they really hate some one. Hamilton is not a robot. He is a grown man. He can say things , do things, wear things as he wishes. If that bothers some, maybe it says more about them than him.

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..Your reading glasses?

jpalmito likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He's an idiot....and it wasn't me who said it!

12. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    What exactly is "his type" supposed to mean? I am the same age as Lewis and from a similar cultural background. I was racing karts at Playscape in Battersea in London. My mum was a single parent working as a nurse and could not find help to pay for my karting lessons, my dreams of being a racing driver ended there. What Lewis and his dad faced an overcame is remarkable, because the barriers of entry as I can testify at first hand are huge! You can dislike Lewis all you like, that is fine. But his efforts too make motorsport more accessible to people from different backgrounds is brave, admirable and frankly long overdue.

13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I admire your story, but some people here are gonna tell you that you and Lewis did not face certain challenges and that you are both boasting and its all for show, even though they wasn't there.

14. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Boasting? lol what is there to boast about? Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but my experience is my experience and so is Lewis Hamilton's. Simple as that.

15. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You missed the point. He is on your side. He is just bemoaning the rest of us... as usual...

Kevin

furoni and sammysaber like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    hehehhehe, friendly fire is a *****!

17. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hamilton splits with right-hand man Mark Hynes

Just weeks ahead of the start of the 2021 F1 season, Lewis Hamilton has reportedly split with trusted right-hand man and manager Mark Hynes.

According to a report from Daily Mail F1 correspondent Jonathan McEvoy, Hamilton and Hynes parted ways last week as the result of discussions conducted over the winter. The split was described as "amicable".

Hynes, a former British F3 champion, is a long-standing close friend of the seven-time world champion and was chosen by the latter to lead Hamilton's "Project 44" management company and oversee the Briton's business dealings and logistics.

Along with physiotherapist Angela Cullen, Hynes was an important figure inside Hamilton's bubble on race weekends.

There's speculation that Hamilton's recently sealed one-year deal with Mercedes - in which Hynes was not involved - may have incited the driver and his close advisor to review their working relationship.

According to the Daily Mail's report, a source close to Hamilton said: "Marc has left Project 44 to pursue other opportunities within motorsports and Lewis wishes him well knowing that he will be as valuable to his next challenge, as he was to P44.

"Lewis is very grateful for all his support over the last five years, both personally and in helping him build his company.

"During that time Lewis won four world championships and broke numerous records, and Marc was part of and shared in that success.

"Marc and Lewis have known each other since they were young, as friends first and business partners second, so, while they are parting ways in a business sense, they remain close friends."

Hynes was also expected to oversee the day-to-day running this year of Hamilton's X44 team which is set to take part in the upcoming Extreme E all-electric off-road series which kicks off next month in Saudi Arabia.

It is not currently known who will manage the squad following Hynes' departure.

https://f1i.com/news/398376-hamilton-splits-with-right-hand-man-mark-hynes.html#.YEH-iAHWedU.twitter

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I like Hamilton, damn you all. I also hate he's been taking Ferrari's lunch money.

#Conflicted

19. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So Fish but no chips for you lol :)

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't predict an easy ride for Hamilton this year.

The 8th WCC could be in question, but the 100th Pole and 100th GP wins should be obtainable, IMO.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Victim complex much?

Floor rules were introduced to limit increase of downforce and so, loading on tires to ensure the safety of every driver. Nobody knew until two weeks ago if the high-rake or low-rake cars would be affected more. But seems HAM knew all along but just kept the knowledge to himself... until today, LOL.

Hamilton: F1 floor rule changes introduced to ‘peg back’ Mercedes

... yes, of course they were, Lew.

Read here, if you care to:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hamilton-f1-floor-rule-changes-introduced-to-peg-back-mercedes/5940870/

jpalmito likes this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. If it was so clear cut that the higher rake concept would be so much better, why didn't Mercedes, who started developing their 2021 car in August last year, not adopt a high rake concept?

Of course, 7 years of complete dominance using the rules that Mercedes wanted is of course completely ignored by him. They're beaten in 1 session and this is their reaction. What a bunch of entitled ****s.

stavura, 375+, ingegnere and 2 others like this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    This type of totally predictable reaction on his part shows that he will never be a legend in this sport.
    Yesterday Canal Plus journalists reported that his replacement by Russell last year had put him in a huge rage against Mercedes. (reliable sources among Mercedes team).
    They’re still wondering why?

Bas and ingegnere like this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Like anyone involved in F1, Hamilton is perfectly entitled to comment on technical changes that affect his car.

The hate never dies, eh ?

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No one is saying he's not allowed an opinion. However, his opinion that the rules where made so to stop Mercedes is unfair. If ''everyone knew'' that high rake cars would be better, why did Mercedes stick with a lower rake? And so many other teams? As usual Lewis goes on the attack when he can find an excuse for something that his daft fans will quickly flock to: Now the narrative is set.

Again, we are 1 session in and people are already declaring that the high rake is ''the key''. Low rake and high rake both have their benefits, and I'm pretty sure that that status quo will remain: There is no one size fits all.

However, the rear end of the car is the right place to look at why one team might be better than the other: Just look at how extremely neat and tight the Red Bull is vs the Mercedes, which was of course the class of the field always and they tried to improve. Red Bull & Honda went ALL OUT. That's the tightest, best packaged rear end by a long way. The rake angle isn't the end all be all trick that decides who is fast or not.

jpalmito and SimCity3 like this.