I feel taken advantage of by a major sponsor, do I out them here on Ferrari Chat?? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I feel taken advantage of by a major sponsor, do I out them here on Ferrari Chat??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daveyator, Aug 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To the best of my knowledge, a PPI would not have detected this....therefore if that is the case, the dealer gets a pass on that one.

2. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Not to pile on (he said, piling on!), but:

You believed a car dealer (!?!?) when he said that the car he was selling was "perfect", then drove the car for three years and 6K miles, listed the car for sale (passing on the seller's BS), then discovered that all was not as had been represented, and now want some recourse with the original dealer.

Can I possibly have that right? Wow, just wow.

This really shouldn't have to be said to someone who's evidently achieved the wherewithal in life to acquire one of these toys, but:

- Do your research upfront.
    - Never go to buy anything unless you know more about it than the guy who's selling it.
    - Always assume that a seller is lying whenever his lips are moving. If a seller told me that the sky was blue, I'd confirm it myself.
    - Take complete personal responsibility for everything that happens in your life.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you've had some disillusionment, but I'd just fix the car and keep it, as you have zero basis for complaints with the seller at this point. The fact that it's a Ferrari is irrelevant; it'd be the same with any make.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I bought a 911 last year that has had a bunch of issues crop up after the purchase. I knew the car needed a few things when I bought it. I am confident the seller knew of some of the issues and just forgot to mention it...

But I didn't have a PPI done, so I have no one to blame but myself. Sounds like the same situation as here. You can theorize and assume they knew the car inside and out, but in the end you have no proof and it all comes down to the due diligence...you either did it, or you didn't.

4. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    #54 daveyator, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Wow tough crowd. Message received. I liked the buying a live hand grenade analogy. Driving a Ferrari might be like being a mercury astronaut. With each drive you might get a fast ride around the earth or you might explode (financially speaking).

I don't like the posts that say I was trying to mislead others in my recent attempt to sell. I disclosed everything I knew about the car. The issues not mentioned were literally found out by me yesterday as a result of the car being in for service which is part of what prompted this thread in the first place.

Thanks for all the thoughts and responses. I will actually only be into the car $17000 in three years. That's $5600ish per year which is normal I guess for a 360. I partly bought the 360 over the 355 because the engine out service of the 355 was touted as being so expensive. Not so sure that's the case.

While I have some of your attention....how do I get a garage?....I notice the garage link in some of the headers.

5. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I did feel this way until I learned more about my car. But as I said above I'm getting everyone's message. Fixing and will enjoy my car. Almost feel like saying sorry I bothered everyone.

6. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    BS don't think that way - you were just venting - nothing wrong with that - this can be a tough crowd - don't worry about it

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #57 Stentboy, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Some people here are like chickens going after their sick and/or wounded flock members.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I think that may be a Rossa Subscribed benefit.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/payments.php

D

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Dave,

Totally agree with your conclusion.

Sort it, and enjoy it!

I've had friends that have had an order of magnitude more pain than what you described with much newer Ferrari. When I got my car, I had to put $10K first couple years to get it sorted correctly. Just comes with the territory, my friend.

Cheers

10. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I think your window of opportunity to blame the dealer is long gone.
    You *may* have been taken by them, but that trail is too cold now, and been walked over too mnay times to be able to point fingers or chalk it up to some bad luck.
    Sometimes we don't ask the right questions...I once bought a car that the seller had said had been repainted....fine, I thought. I knew it had a story. But I was pissed off to find that it was a color change repaint. But technically I couldn't really fault them. Stuff happens. It's a little extra disappointing in your case (if true) because the dealer in question comes across as a premium type place.

Sorry about your experience regardless of where the blame lies.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  12. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I was wrong to start this thread. I don't blame the selling dealer for anything and am truly sorry for starting this thread. It needs to end or go away.

13. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin

LOL

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dave , don't worry bro , it's all good. Lesson learned. I bought a 430 spider sight unseen no PPI 5,000 mile car and had a 15k repair bill 1 year later. Fixed it , traded it for a 458 spider and never looked back. Was I happy with the 15k repair bill , hell no but I realized this is a used Ferrari and sh** happens. Best , Kirk

daveyator likes this.
  15. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Fair enough. Let's move on.

Thread closed.

All the best,
    Andrew.

16. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Two months later?

18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    The original poster bumped his 15-month-old for-sale ad of the same car, without disclosing the issues he states here, only a week ago.

Follow the link above.

And then asked that we delete his for sale ad.

Matt

dm_n_stuff likes this.
  19. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    No excuse for misrepresenting the car.

20. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Do you guys read anything? I posted a DETAILED account of every issued I’ve ever had with this car. I posted it several places. WHAT THE HELL ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME? There was absolutely no reason to re open this thread. All I asked for was to say the car was no longer for sale. I’m not trying to hide anything from anyone.

21. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Actually, there was no reason to close this thread in the first place. If you posted it, you can live with it.

It's very important to me to not edit out content. I want everyone to be able too read everything. They can come to their own conclusions.

If you're not trying hide anything, then you shouldn't have any problem with us keeping your posts alive.

Matt

Jaguar36 likes this.
  22. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I guess the moral of the story is, get a PPI, and if you consider not getting one, well go get one anyways. I mean they are like 450 to 500 bucks and what ever time it takes to schedule it in. While it sucks to have an average repair bill of $5600.00, future repair bills will lower the overall average once you start getting everything sorted. They might have pulled the wool over your eyes a little, and one of the owners between you and the guy that worked on its ownership may not have been the best at maintaining and caring for the car. To me this is good information on what could happen if I dont get PPI, though could still happen even with one. Ive already figured out that I need to have a nice reserve set aside for repairs even with a PPI since there are things that just break on these cars. but after reading this at least if a person gets a PPI you have that much more assurance of what you might be walking into. Also I figured out pretty early on that buying a Ferrari (and presumably lamborginis, Mclarens, ect) isnt as simple as going into the dealership (or individual), test driving the car, plunking down a deposit, signing finance paperwork and driving off all in the same day. I guess thats why it is important for first time buyers to read these forums and absorb all this information, slow down a little and take some time to make a decision on the right car for you.

Hope the OP's car is sorted and he is enjoying it now. I have a feeling its things like this that start the rumors that these cars are super fragile or take huge amounts to maintain all the time.

1919A4 and daveyator like this.
  23. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
  24. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    Wow. Crazy story

25. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    someone else posted a similar story in the forum about CNC a few months ago and the thread was locked.