FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021 - SAKHIR.....QUALIFYING▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021 - SAKHIR.....QUALIFYING▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Give him a more stable and predictable car (as the RB16B looks like for now) and i assure you he will be less error prone.
    We will see what Lewis could do with a new Diva..

Bas likes this.
  2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Happy to see Charles in front of AT and especially McLaren—and less than a tenth behind Bottas—with only 1 Q3 run. Don’t know how McLaren was expected by some to be ahead of Ferrari when Charles was beating them in some races last year with that donkey engine.

Carlos very impressive too but from the commentary was already .4 back at the first split so maybe a mistake from him. Pretty sure he’s not regretting his move at all especially considering the long game and how this year is meant to be a year of just managing expectations.

Spare a thought for poor Vettel. I think the team are handicapping him with a poor car again this year. Oh, wait, he’s not at Ferrari anymore, right?

Jeronimo GTO, crinoid and jpalmito like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well I’m never been a fan of Max. Lots of speed but too cocky for me and if u listen to his peers, he caused a lot of collision, I didn’t see that mature side of him yet.
    Not a Hamilton fan as well but as much as he is disliked on this forum u do not win at EVERY level out of luck. U can say senna, Schumacher, Prost are better that’s fine by me but the guy is a superstar and a great driver... and u know I don’t like him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lorenzobandini and ricksb like this.
  4. FerrariFan80

FerrariFan80 Rookie

May 11, 2018
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #155 jpalmito, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Interesting year ahead!
    Hamilton-Verstappen will be very entertaining i guess.
    I’m just worried that the FIA secretly allows Mercedes to develop his car with more tokens to compensate for this difficult start of championship..

classic308 and SimCity3 like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    We've had the Hamilton vs Rosberg era, then Hamilton vs Vettel era and now Hamilton vs Verstappen. Reminds me of the Alsonso/Schumacher era as Hamilton/Verstappen is similar in age as Schumi/Alonso then

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Too bad it's a fake fight, the real duel should be between the 2 best drivers, and those are clearly Max and Charles, if the mercs and the Bulls are a match for each other, crapilton doesn't stand a chance against max.

Bas, classic308, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Gotta love mother nature to mix things up.....

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Seb needs to be far from this idiot.

ricksb likes this.
  11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think Max will win some battles against Hamilton (he has a better car at this point), but it will take dedication to discipline to win that war. And even then, I don’t think Ham will stop pushing until the championship is settled..

lorenzobandini likes this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
  13. DF1

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-engine-derating-bahrain-red-bull/5941677/

Team boss Toto Wolff reckoned that Mercedes was losing out to Honda in terms of its derating – which is when the engine boost that comes from its energy recovery systems runs out at the end of straights.

Speaking about where Mercedes was losing time to Red Bull, Wolff said: “I think we're losing on the high speed [corners]. We can clearly see there's a deficit.

“We're losing a little bit on the engine side in terms of derate. We are not yet in a happy place with our energy recovery, but it's not one thing we point to where we can say this is the big gap.”

The strong form of both Red Bull and AlphaTauri in Bahrain this weekend indicates that its engine supplier Honda has made good gains with its new 2021 power unit.

Wolff said he was confident, however, that Mercedes would get on top of its power unit issues.

“Honda has done a great job,” he said. “They delivered the power unit which is extremely competitive. Look at where AlphaTauri is. And we just have to take it as sportsmen.

14. DF1

Summary of performance news after qualy - https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/

New aero rules cost low-rake cars 1s per lap - Aston Martin
    Aston Martin believes Formula 1's new aero rules have cost low-rake cars around one second per lap of performance compared to their high-rake rivals.

Hamilton: F1 floor rules change aimed at slowing down Mercedes
    Lewis Hamilton says "it's no secret" that the rear-floor rule changes brought in for the 2021 Formula 1 season "have been done to peg Mercedes back".

Verstappen's floor damage cost him 0.1s per lap
    Red Bull team boss Christian Horner says Max Verstappen carried damage worth approximately 0.1 seconds for the rest of Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying after his Q1 kerb strike.

sammysaber and crinoid like this.
  15. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    As predicted the whining has started already

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Vettel now summoned for "Allegedly non-respecting double-yellow flags at 18:18 at Turn 1" (so in Q1) despite the earlier clearance message from the FIA. Has to go to the stewards tomorrow morning

17. DF1

Will be a lonely race tomorrow

Thecadster likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

sammysaber, TopspeedPT and Bas like this.
  19. DF1

Ferrari were targeted for tires in past.

Mercedes with aero. Applied to all teams but favors a rake design run by others.

I dont sense whining as Im sure Horner is more than pleased and in favor. Tires were also a consideration, again applied to all teams.

The fun interest is who adapts best and shows performance.

20. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    This season has potential.

Thecadster, Isobel, DF1 and 4 others like this.
  21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    exactly.

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.