Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dan- Congratulations, she has some great features.

dhalperin13 likes this.
  2. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    @dhalperin13 Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club! Gorgeous 575, looks terrific...my 550 is the same color combo (except Nero Daytona). Enjoy your new ride!

dhalperin13 likes this.
  3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This is interesting....I noticed the ad-banner above on the screen which called out "sell your F-Car on Pcarmarket.

On Feb 28th the auction ended at RNM for the crazy low 2k mile car noted above with a high bid at $120k.

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/dealtank-2005-ferrari-575m-maranello/

Will be really interesting to see if/when that car clears the market.

4. Steen Jensen

Steen Jensen Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
  5. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Congrats Dan! I'm a recently new owner of a 550. Please do share your progress along the journey, would be great to hear about your experience!

dhalperin13 likes this.
  6. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Looks like the '04 RC/Tan at Ryan Friedman sold. 11K miles, modulars, shields, carbon trim, red calipers, fresh belt service.
    Took about 3 weeks. He initially listed @ $125K and quickly re-priced to $130K.

7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Seems crazy doesn't it how varied the market can be. That 2k mile car didn't sell at $120k (twice). No doubt the car described above is "extremely optioned" and investor level miles so those cars its hard to put a number on them.....someone wants it and just steps up. For those buyers the acquisition price is often immaterial.

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agree. My theory is that there's a wider band of buyers in the "low miles but enough that I can drive to C&C on weekends" category who are willing to pay a premium for an excellent garage queen, but not a substantial additional premium for an absolute piece of art that literally can't be driven without immediately offsetting that incremental cost. In short, it would explain why the $130K car with 10K has buyers but a $150K (ask) with 2K sits.

LVP488, NE550, Themaven and 1 other person like this.
  9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    It’s a good observation and I think you’re absolutely right. I wonder if the “piece of art” premium for these cars and similar era Ferraris will ever kick in. Look at a 993 Turbo for example, comparatively cheap and common car, but a 2k mile one of those would go for a big premium, and more in absolute terms than a 2k 550 or F1 575. Interesting.

10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Beautiful 550 in Giallo Modena today on BaT. Very strong result.

SOLD $177,500 – 1997 550 with 10,028 miles

+) ZFFZR49A6V0108955 dealer sale out of the Houston area
    +) Giallo Modena over nero
    +) 18” speedline modulars carpeted shelf
    +) color matched bra and mirror covers – car cover, tools,
    +) I don’t think they ever answered if the red fob was included?
    +) some documents and belt service 6/2017
    +) looked like a real nice example, I had called on the car months ago and dealer never called back.
    +) 108955
    +) https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-ferrari-550-maranello-11/

Joe @Qksilver has mentioned his thoughts on low mile investment grade cars and it’s hard to argue when we have such amazing volatility in drivers mile car vs investment grade and somewhat of a rare (and in my opinion very desirable color).

11. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Its really interesting how these "low mile" cars trade SO much stronger than drivers. This one was in the same parking lot (price wise) as our fellow F-chatter recently with a gorgeous and well optioned example AND luggage on his R/Corsa on tan.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-ferrari-550-maranello-14/

Yellow is rare and on this one today.... I guess again.... the market spoke. I think I recall the buyer was adding to a collection (F355 etc).

The bargain that driver mile 575's are at is staggering in comparison...... @SteveVT and @dhalperin13 are most definitely #winning! :cool:

SteveVT and dhalperin13 like this.
  12. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This pedal is so valuable ;) Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Somebody needs to tell me why that isn't awesome.

American ingenuity should be economically rewarded.

Dan I'm really wanting your experience and "value" with EAG/GatedSix to go well.

Texas Forever likes this.
  14. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
  15. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  16. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
  17. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  18. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    I didn’t know you finally found your 550. Congrats! Please post pics.
    The 575 from the link is local to me and I’ve seen the car. It’s in great condition and maintained by the same shop that maintain my cars. I was wondering what do you think is a fair price for it. I love the color combo, and having hgtc is a big plus.

19. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
  20. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Im coming along to a lot of the ideas of @Qksilver in that “perfect mile” cars in the investment grade area (this one is dead in the sweet spot)....2005 with great options....how many with HGTC.,,.means it could go really strong. Might get lucky if the regular BaT crew doesn’t see it?

If this was at BaT it should set a 575 record?

For me it’s hard to put a number on it....gotta be well north of $125k? I am on my phone and haven’t looked close on computer yet.....

everyone seems to love Grigio titanio....

this would have been a great car to buy privately.

white out likes this.
  21. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    Dan, thank you for the hagerty chart. I knew about it but forgot to check it for this car.

Eric, the car is in perfect condition, and I know the shop that’s been maintaining it for years doesn’t cut any corners. Since it seems like I’ve missed the boat on the 550s since they are already trading at $130k+, I thought the 575 would be the next best thing, and following your thread I though I could snap one at around $90k. But it seems like this one is rare and more valuable than I expected.

22. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Dude, c'mon. So, you finally scored a 550 after countless posts and mucho months on the hunt. Inquiring minds want to know... details, please! And photos. Oh, and congrats!

Niteroi likes this.
  23. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There are lots of nice "driver mile" 575's well optioned for under $90k....Steve @SteveVT (his is really low mile) and @dhalperin13 have proved its even possible to score a 575 deal on BaT.

I think Joe's @Qksilver commentary (rings true) that for investment grade miles and rare options the money is chasing that aggressively.

It will be fascinating to see how many eyes with deep pockets watch Cars&Bids to see where this ends up. If you could somehow buy this car for $90 that would seem amazing and I wouldn't have flinched if that price presents itself.

I thought I recalled Terry @tazandjan had mentioned his carbon brake set up was "plus $20k" so I'd take a real nice equivalent 575 add $20k+ for options and then see where that's at.....wouldn't surprise me if on BaT with all the deep pockets if it was well north of $125k....on C&Bids...maybe get lucky and it will be Reserve Not Met.......

Gonna be an exciting few days.

24. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    I'm surprised C&B has gained so much traction already for these types of cars to sway sellers away from BaT. I understand it for super high value cars that will get attention anywhere, and lower value cars won't matter as much where it's listed. But I don't really understand why sellers of these $100k-$200k cars would choose to list on C&B rather than BaT when their variance in fees is negligible. The amount of exposure on BaT would still be so much greater, unless I'm just ignorant to some other factors.

Either way I like Doug and think it's great they're getting these cars.

25. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
    BaT’s been taking too long posting vehicles once submitted. They’ve been slow even responding to submissions. Add to that the fact they beat you down on the reserve and cars &bids won’t, and you have the reason why more and more people are making the switch.

rhern213 and Ferrari55whoa like this.