FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021 - SAKHIR.....QUALIFYING▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021 - SAKHIR.....QUALIFYING▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Let's finally see where everyone stands.

crinoid, jpalmito, Jakuzzi and 2 others like this.
  2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  3. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Ferrari didn't even try Softs in FP3, they got something up their sleeve.

4. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    No, I think the soft tires didn't work for them. Because of the track temps I guess.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  5. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    They didn't even try them, guarantee that soft is quicker especially since the track cooled down, Ferrari was probably testing if they can get away with Mediums in Q2

jpalmito likes this.
  6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

All Max all the time. Then Horner will praise how great it is, not addressing why its taken so long for them to build another winning car lol.

If Max is that fast - we will be bored by race 5 and complain of this domination. We will then say its a great season - in the midfield lol :)

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll take Mercedes dethroned in uber-dominant fashion by RBR over merc winning it by a hair.

I said it last couple of years, if Max finds himself in a dominant car expect to be bored to tears. It'll be a lot of Mexico 2018 style victories.

crinoid, Picchu88 and SimCity3 like this.
  8. DF1

#8 DF1, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    We wanted a close season didnt we lol. These rules ensured a high rake angle car was to be the best configuration. RedBull owns the FIA now LOL. Sound familiar with respect to Mercedes?? :)

This is an engineered RedBull season via FIA and Liberty. My current theory in the face of the Horner lecture's we are sure to hear lol :)

The reality of all this will be Mercedes, if they give up early on by race 5 in my thinking, will write this off and focus completely on next year as Ferrari are already doing. So what competition will RedBull have then :)

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A big claim considering no one in the knew for sure. Both concepts have merit. If it was so obvious then every single team would run high rake.

True, but so can Red Bull if they are as dominant as we assume looking at FP3 times.

SimCity3 likes this.
  10. DF1

Mercedes will not invest in another design but live with what is available in their configuration. I was hoping for more Ferrari performance but their aero model is broken it appears so badly more power is not really showing any major improvement so far.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari has no excuse now for 2022. LOADS of extra development allowed for them, not competing for any title, well filled coffers...they should build an absolute beast of a car for 2022.

12. DF1

Agree'd - make the best of this year and give us a grand car for next!

Bas likes this.
  13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Or Max in an equal contender.

Bas likes this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes will redesign their floor. Their low rake angle doesn't agree with the cut out of the rear portion of the floor.

Looks like Max will win a few races before Mercedes can maximize their issue.

Max needs to win every race until Mercedes has fixed their problem.

SimCity3 likes this.
  15. DF1

Agree'd completely. The question is the tolerance for Mercedes vs Max / RedBull wins.

The window of rake is the key and Mercedes are to live with this design of low rake for now. Balance the need for the 22 car design focus as well. After 5 or 6 races I see them moving on if they have not won any. Sure 23 races but the marginal gains needed to win vs cost with a budget cap are also in play.

16. DF1

On Friday, Mercedes boss Toto Wolff explained that the team's analyses "have shown that the high-rake concept has lost less downforce than the lower rake" and explained that in the last year of the current regulations before the wholesale changes planned for 2022, it would not be viable to dedicate huge resource to replicating the low-rake concept that Red Bull has pioneered.

Wolff added that he was expecting a "dogfight" with Red Bull this year, after Max Verstappen topped both free practice sessions, while Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas struggled with car balance over long runs.

Hamilton explained that the change in tyre configuration for 2021 also "didn't help".

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Would take that also..

18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    As long as Sainz is ahead of "The Saviour"..... life will be good. :)

19. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Still bitter about what happened to the old german?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He won't be for long, under normal circumstances Sainz can be happy if he's only .3 sec behind Charles.

Jakuzzi and jpalmito like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don’t buy a dominant Red Bull.
    At best Max will be a serious contender, nothing more.
    ( And I would be happy)

lorenzobandini likes this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Forza Ferrari. The only team that matters.

jpalmito likes this.
  23. DF1

RedBull were amazingly smooth with Max in Prac 3. I find that telling more than Mercedes as an equal threat. I dont see Mercedes as equal. Behind for now the amount to be shown during qualy.

P1 Max
    P2 LH
    P3 Bottas
    P4 Norris
    P5 Sergio Perez

My predictions.

ricksb likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Gasly/Tsunoda might surprise a few