355 plenum install help | FerrariChat

355 plenum install help

Discussion in '348/355' started by Carmellini, Mar 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    Is there a trick or a system to reinstalling the plenums?

I have tried a bunch of different combinations and nothing seems to work; Plenty of threads mention its a PITA, but I have not read a good write about the "best' order for reassembly?

2. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    I wrote about this before, too lazy to search.

With plenum on bench, install the rubber seals and clamps with the screw threaded 2-3 threads in, so just barely on. Line up all the screw heads so they face towards the center of the car when installed. You should then be able to install the plenum with a few rocks back and forth. If it doesn't drop onto the throttle bodies, one of the screws is too tight.

jeffdavison and Qavion like this.
  3. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    I guess there are a few ways to skin a cat......

I first placed the boots/O rings on the throttle bodies and placed the half shelf retainers loosely in position.
    Next, I removed the screws from the clamps and positioned the clamps over the boots so that they were below the retainers and boots.
    Then, I placed the plenum in position and carefully raised the clamps over the retainers and started the screws in the threads of the clamps.
    Hand tightening the first clamp allowed the plenum to stay in position and move on to the next clamp. Was not as bad as others have reported;
    You need to be delicate and use a light touch to get it right. Hope this helps someone else.