Bahrain 2021 Grand Prix FP1/2/3 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bahrain 2021 Grand Prix FP1/2/3

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Mar 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    After 2 practices in season 2021, I’ll predict the standings for WCC at the end of 2021.

1.Red Bull
    2.Mercedes
    3.Mclaren
    4.Ferrari
    5.Alpha Tauri
    6.Aston Martin
    7.Alfa Romeo
    8.Alpine
    9.Williams
    10.Laast

End of the year I’ll flip back to this post to enjoy my own naïveté and wonder what I was thinking....;)

F2003-GA, william and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    FP2 is usually when teams do long runs, so I expect that Gasly>Tsunoda and Leclerc>Sainz on the qualy.

jpalmito and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  3. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    If they need a few more races to sort the car out, I'm guessing more testing (instead of the abbreviated one this year) would have been of value.

crinoid likes this.
  4. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    It didn't take McLaren 7 years...it only took them one year. This year, when they went to Mercedes power.

william and lorenzobandini like this.
  5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well, I just save myself from 2 hours of tv viewing.

375+ likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Liberal interpretation there it’s not all the engine otherwise Aston Martin would be at the top too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Damn! I’ll take 4th! Great run

8. Speaking of Mick, why do they use MSC as the abbreviation for him, unlike the three 1st letters (SCH) of his last name, like everyone else ?
    I understand when there was Ralf (RSC) and Michael (MSC) to distinguish 'twixt the two, but now.......? :confused:

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. #84 lorenzobandini, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    I understand yer point, but mine wasn't about how McLaren got back on the WCC podium, just how long it took them to get back up there again; 7 years. It has only been one year for Ferrari (so far). :p
    Edit: Besides, your mistaken. McL got back to the podium with Renault power last year afetr those 7 years. :p:p

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mick originally had his own initials but I guess F1 wanted to be "nostalgic" and gave him the MSC initials.....I would say that gives him a sort of entitlement in a father son kind of way.

I'm sure dad wouldn't mind.

william likes this.
  11. Yeah, I figgered that, but I don't likes it! :mad:

It ain't Michael and Ralf. It's Mick, and he should stand on his own. Image Unavailable, Please Login

:D

12. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    So, here's a page from the secret Ferrari "problems and issues resolution" handbook. I'm sure they got it from their consulting firm...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

william likes this.
  13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m not sure what you’re on about. I haven’t been preaching doom and gloom. If the Scuderia get up to 4th in the standings great. Credit where credit is due. The goal isn’t anything other than winning the championship. This is The Scuderia Ferrari. I also haven’t said they don’t need to earn it. Come off your silly soap box. Don’t you have a mustang you can go wreck at a cars and coffee somewhere ??

14. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    He said he wanted to use it. If he is covering up for Liberty to encourage Germans to watch F1, well it's working became all the comments I see around the web are very positive to MSC... well except for your negative comment :oops:

"I wanted 'MSC'," Schumacher said. "It's an emotional bond I have to it". "I think it's quite nice for everybody watching the timing screens and seeing 'MSC' back on the screens as well."

https://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/31062528/mick-schumacher-requested-father-msc-timing-screen-name

jgonzalesm6, william and crinoid like this.
  15. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    I would not be surprised to see a certain Frenchman beat another Frenchman a few times this year. Bleu sur Rouge.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Great premise for a comedy.

17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think I have to watch myself; I start to like that kid, unlike his father.

I wish him the best of luck, but it will be an uphill struggle this year at Haas.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

What, Gasly against Ocon ?

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Even better.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That's a given right now I think. That Alpine is tres horrible.

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Looking at the long run times, Red Bull appears to be fractionally ahead at this stage of the weekend. But it and Mercedes appear to be very evenly matched on the mediums, remembering that the latter’s drivers are still unhappy with their respective car balances.

There are good points for both teams at this stage, though.

Mercedes stands to gain from a balance breakthrough, assuming it can find one, while it has been suggested that Red Bull apparently did not run with its engine turned up on any of its flying laps on Friday. Plus, the data Autosport has seen suggests Verstappen started his long run in a faster engine mode before turning the engine down, which isn't allowed in the race.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/the-data-that-shows-f1-is-much-closer-in-2021-with-red-bull-ahead/5923625/

22. #97 lorenzobandini, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    I'm not sure what you’re on about.

You and I had a fine conversation about your response to.....
    Your response was:
    Post #31:
    Which implied that you believed Ferrari being 5th and 8th in FP1 represented "doom and gloom".

I thought you and I cleared that up.
    Others got involved that apparently did not get the context of our exchange....'perhaps hadn't seen the beginning.
    No soapbox here on either side I hope.....just opinions based on how you view the siti'ation and how I do. ;)

On to FP3, Q, and the race I say!!! :)

23. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I don’t think we can tell much at all from free practice. Overall, most teams seemed to get their testing programs completed to plan. Plenty of sandbags being deployed to disguise true performance. Quali will deliver the truth. Can’t wait!

WPOZZZ, jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The jury is still out on the Scuderia this year however 5th and 8th are no reason to celebrate. They need to be challenging for the title.

I do not believe this is a level playing field. It’s time for a change in the sport.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Let's say it didn't make a very good impression today, and I don't expect Alonso to do miracles with it.

I think Renault lost its way in F1 with too many changes all at once.