Bahrain 2021 Pre-Race Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bahrain 2021 Pre-Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Mar 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I hope Seb will worry more about the car than the name of it. Like focus on results vs sulk and watch his team-mate do much more than he can, the way Charles made him look less than 4 WDC last year. He has no excuses left. He needs to adapt and drive well or he is certainly most over rated.

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Tires changed, car setups need to adjust for this.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    While I agree with this, to make the car "appropriately sized" one needs to get rid of the whole floor of the car !!

375+ likes this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Remember Alonso in demo this year at abudhabi ?
    A compact, agile car with an atmospheric engine that screams.
    That’s what’s been giving us goose bumps for decades. Marketing can’t change that emotion.

6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I hope RB can put up a challenge to the Mercs...but I have this terribly familiar feeling Merc is just sandbagging again...

Senna1994 likes this.
  7. indy-25

indy-25 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    What we'll learn this weekend.

- Merc is still faster than anyone else
    - RB is still second
    - Vettel will spin at some point and we'll all be happy Carlos is his replacement

8. DF1

As always Bottas is guarded and not as emotional about the current Mercedes status. Probably the most intriguing issue for the weekend is did Mercedes adjust and gain performance vs RedBull.

--When asked if Mercedes had understood what went wrong with its car handling in testing during the pre-event press conference for the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix, Bottas said: “We struggled quite a bit for sure, but it was also pretty extreme conditions overall.

“It was really windy which makes it quite hard to understand the changes you're making and it compromises the run. It makes it even harder to understand and to learn in those conditions.

“But yeah, the fact is we struggled with the car balance.

“We always want more performance than we have currently overall both from the car side and chassis and aero side, and from the humans in the team.

“The team has been really flat-out and understanding everything from the test and making sure that at least approaching this weekend we hopefully are going to start, in theory, in the best place with the set-up and everything.

“It's unknown how much we've recovered from testing and how much performance we gained by learning [in the days since].

“That's something we're going to learn hopefully in practice and at the latest on Saturday and Sunday.

“But at least I know that the team has done everything we can in the short time but the season is so long so there's no reason to panic, we just need to work hard.”--

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/mercedes-unsure-how-much-performance-it-has-recovered-since-testing/5904513/

9. DF1

Yes Charles be smarter than Vettel who lost potential 2 title with stupid early moves...................

Leclerc to "choose fights better" over 2021 F1 season

By: Alex Kalinauckas
    Mar 25, 2021, 11:53 AM
    Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc says he has learned to “choose my fights better” in 2021 after crashing out of two Formula 1 races on the first lap in 2020.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/leclerc-to-choose-fights-better-over-2021-f1-season/5903084/

Last year, Leclerc crashed into his then Ferrari team-mate Sebastian Vettel at the start of the Styrian Grand Prix and then clashed with Sergio Perez’s Racing Point on the first lap of the Sakhir GP, with Red Bull’s Max Verstappen also going off as a result of that incident.

On both occasions, Leclerc retired following the contact and he explained at the end of the season that he had been deliberately attempting to make aggressive race starts to make up for the deficiencies of Ferrari’s 2020 package.

When asked if he was again going to have to be willing to take risks to improve Ferrari’s chances in races in 2021 in the pre-event press conference for this weekend’s Bahrain GP, Leclerc said: “Let’s wait and see where we are again because I think there are positive signs from the test.

“And then we will see for sure from Saturday onwards. But I think I’ll probably choose my fights a little bit better.

“Last year, if you take here [in the Sakhir GP] for example, I was fighting with a Red Bull, which wouldn’t have been possible to keep behind for the rest of the race.

10. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
  11. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Surely he should call his next car Ballerina as it likes to spin

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hmm i'm ok with HR ...AKA Ursula:D

Image Unavailable, Please Login who can forget when she walked out of the water !

Nembo1777, 635CSI, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  15. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
    Hard to imagine. Maybe they are Formula E fans.

Remy Zero, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  17. 71type65

71type65 Rookie

Nov 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    71type65
    Well, just for the record I didn't actually say the "Racing for the hearing impaired" part. But I guess if the shoe fits...

It's not that FE has no sound...there is in fact a whining screech that sounds like a bad bearing about to seize up.

18. DF1

No they need to drop the idea completely. We do not need this gimmick. Let it die!!!

Horner: Cost of F1 sprint races "needs to be accommodated" in budget cap
    By: Jonathan Noble
    Mar 27, 2021, 7:02 AM
    Red Bull boss Christian Horner says top Formula 1 teams like his do not have the financial leeway to run sprint races this year unless the cost cap gets lifted.

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Charles is on Softs, might make for an interesting start?

20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lifted by how far ??

In any event, a cost cap is fundamentally against the spirit of F1.

21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Sorry i cannot hear you mate...

:D

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006