San Diego Ferrari Owners | FerrariChat

San Diego Ferrari Owners

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TrojanFan, Mar 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    San Diego Ferrari Members - Ferrari Club of America - Southwest Region is looking to establish a chapter in the San Diego area. We currently have about 20 members in San Diego County, which is only a small percentage of our 700+ Southwest Region membership (covering Southern California and Hawaii) and the 6,500+ members in the US, Canada and Mexico. We recently formed new chapters in Honolulu, California Central Coast and Coachella Valley and we would like to continue to grow that number and are looking for San Diego Ferrari owners to be a part of it.

The FCA - Southwest Region offers an extensive array of events through out the year. No matter how you enjoy your Ferrari (or are simply looking to learn more about Ferrari's) there should be something for everyone: Afternoon or morning drives (Had one in Angeles Forest today); Overnight events like Hearst Castle, Wine Tours, Lake Arrowhead & Yosemite Tours; Cars and Coffee event; Lunch Drives; Track Days; Detailing Clinics; Tech Sessions; DYI work days; Formal Dinners; Exclusive access to private garage tours; Events and car shows with the Military - Vandenberg, Edwards & Camp Pendleton; and many other events. You membership also gives you our Award Willing Sempre Ferrari magazine, Prancing Horse magazine, Ferrari Dealer discounts and many other benefits.

I could go on and list a bunch of other stuff but what it really comes down to is that its a club of people looking to get out and drive their Ferrari. Currently the majority of Club events are LA or Orange County centered as that is where the vast majority of our members are, but we would like to change that. You may be a member of other car clubs and even other Ferrari Clubs, but don't let that stop you.

If you are in the San Diego area and would like more information on Ferrari Club of America, are interested in being a part of a new San Diego Chapter or would like to be my guest at one of our events, please either respond to this thread or send me a PM.

Peter Lund (TrojanFan)
    President 2021-2022
    Regional Director
    Ferrari Club of America - Southwest Region

rob5819 likes this.
  2. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Sounds awesome - I’m interested. Not a current owner but will be soon, just waiting on a nice red 458.

rob5819 likes this.
  3. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Definitely interested. Live in San Diego with a 458 Spider and (hopefully six months to delivery) a Portofino M. Post or PM details.

Rob

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jc1 likes this.
  4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Guys, thanks for the replies. Its going to happen sometime soon. Discussing with our current members in the area some ideas.

Peter

rob5819 likes this.
  5. blvckintl

blvckintl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2018
    Newport Beach, CA
    I'm located in Newport Beach but my office is in Carlsbad. Currently own a 2016 Lamborghini Aventador SV Coupe but in the process of trading it in for a Pista. Would love to learn more!

- Ethan

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Hi Peter, I would be interested in getting involved, back in 1980, Dave Harper and myself got our charter and started the SD chapter of the FOC. Call me to discuss further 1.858.622.1600 or direct EM at [email protected]
    Best regards,
    Gary Bobileff

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Gary:

I will definitely be giving you a call soon.

Peter

8. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Gary:

Weren't you also a founding FCA-SW member? You used to provide "Tech Tips" in the SWR Newsletter before it became the Sempre Ferrari magazine. I believe that we have a copy of your first Tech Tip, on Dino and Daytona cam failures, which was published in Volume 1, Issue 3, in August 1994. We'd love to have someone providing tech tips again for our current members.

Peter

9. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I wrote about 18 white papers on tech tips for the FCA ( and the Lambo club... oops, can I say that here?) . It would be my pleasure to start writing and submitting tech tips again !
    Gary Bobileff

10. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Love to have it. I'm discussing with our editors and will email you.

11. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The FCA Regional Board has voted in favor of establishing a chapter and the current San Diego area FCA members have expressed overwelming support. For those of you that are not members but expressed interest, I will PM you with more information when we have it set. Looking like there will be a meeting to get things organized in early May.

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Saturday, May 1st with be the first gathering to set up the chapter. If you are a current FCA member or thinking about joining you are welcome to come. It will be a lunch time gathering. Looking for a San Diego restaurant for the meet up. I will post more later.

13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We have the location set for in Rancho Santa Fe for the May 1st FCA - San Diego area chapter launch. If you are interested in hearing more about or joining the Chapter, please PM me and I will send you the details.

Peter

14. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    How did the event go? I just put down a deposit on a 458 so looking forward to joining for the next one!

15. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    The event went very well. San Diego is now officially its own Chapter!

Look out for new events and activities.

PM me or Peter (Trojanfan) with any questions

jc1 likes this.
  16. sokoloka

sokoloka Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 27, 2011
    Southern California
    I'm in San Diego as well - would be interested in joining!

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We are getting things set up and should be having some driving events soon.

If you want to pm me wth your email, I will forward on to the new SD president, or if you just want to join, you can go to joinferrari.org . If you live in San Diego County, your membership will automatically default to that Chapter.

18. Michael Zurich

Aug 21, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael A Zurich

19. Michael Zurich

Aug 21, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael A Zurich
    Peter, I do not own a Ferrari at the moment but have always been interested in the California. I currently own a 911 Turbo S and a AM V12 Vantage S. My question is this: Is there someone in your group here in SD that I could reach out to to discuss the CA. I have only driven one once and I have a lot of rookie questions that I would like to ask.
    Appreciate any help.
    Michael Zurich

shawdut likes this.
  20. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    shawdut likes this.
  21. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Ok, just got my welcome packet in the mail. Was expecting a log-in or some info on accessing info on events/etc. It was just a couple magazines, stickers and a patch.

I guess now I just wait on an email?

22. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had one for three years.
    Ask away or PM me.
    Great car

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss

24. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Don't know how to PM but write me at [email protected]. Got some suggestions based on being in other clubs