MOVE IT! You Ferrari -censored-.. BLAH BLAH BLAH | FerrariChat

MOVE IT! You Ferrari -censored-.. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doc_Dent, Mar 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #1 Doc_Dent, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    So there is this a tight "right turn" close to my garage which I usually pass through if I take this specific route.
    It gets highly conjested during rush hours, and you have to be "really" careful of traffic rushing from the left.
    Usually, when I am in a more DD car, I can normally come to a full stop for as long as I want until traffic from the left slow down or clear.
    However, it is a different story in a Ferrari sometimes.
    An "angry guy" starts honking from behind the other day, yelling and gesturing with frustration o_Oeven though he can clearly see that if I move I would probably cause an accident!
    I know that with other DDs you can be a "notch careless" at such intersections, but not with a Ferrari or so:)
    What do you think is the best action in such scenarios?
    I usually give a "Do U want me to fly?!" gesture with a :mad: face, and carry on...

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    No one has ever honked at me.

Doc_Dent likes this.
  3. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #3 Doc_Dent, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    I am not sure if color has something to do with it.
    Noticed when I am in my white F I get less aggressive reactions almost none compared to when I am in my red F. (Whole thing doesn't frequently happen ofcourse, but relatively speaking).
    Your "F/Fs" "is/are" not red I guess?:rolleyes::D

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I have 3 red Ferrari’s, and one triple yellow Ferrari. :)
    Only time someone has honked at me in a Ferrari is to get my attention and then thumbs up or yell, “Nice car!”

jag-oo-r likes this.
  5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Yup, the thumbs up is a different story;)
    Glad you didn't experience any of what I mentioned here.
    Maybe the few times or so this happened with me, was simply a matter of someone in a bad mode at the time.:)

6. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Just ignore them; absolutely nothing good can come out of any form of engagement.

IloveGT, NMNMNMN, schwoo and 5 others like this.
  7. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Absolutely true, definitely wise,,,

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Obviously you have never driven in Boston. Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, Fisker, F-Pace, F-Type, just get the F out of my way! :D

9. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    I haven't.
    Interesting "F" phenomena over there I guess
    :D:D:D

10. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    It might not have had anything to do with your Ferrari....he could just been an a--hole! Ignore him and turn up the volume on some smooth jazz.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Triple yellow? What’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Gialo Tri Strato....pearlescent yellow.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

IloveGT, alex, Andynyc and 1 other person like this.
  13. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I've had haters, twice in one year. One screamed at me about being a "rich A$$-hole" which says miuch more about her than it does about me. In fairness, i think the exhaust bark scared her.
    The other though, took her anger much further; called the police who eventually tracked me down, with 3 of them moving me to the side of the freeway (motor cops). they took my keys "!!" and then started to tell me wild stories of my reckless driving several miles back. Long story, but when the complainant actually showed-up, she was in a blue prius, alone, with a mask on in her car as she approached.... with a "F*** Trump" sticker all the way across her rear window. Now, perhaps I'm stereotyping here, but I felt like I understood her problem at that stage. haha.
    Nobody seemed interested in the fact that I have a dash camera rolling any time the car is running, and that we could pull the SD card and watch the so-called "reckless driving". They eventually sent me on my way (after a 90-minute delay) with "stern words" about "feeling entitled".

The entire incident twisted my stomach and sucked the fun out of the car for me for quite some time., In fact, it didn't move from its spot in the garage for about 2 weeks after that, while I considered selling it. I just don't need that sort of negativity in my life. But then a neighbor showed-up with her 13 year old grandson, whoi wanted to see the car, and I was reminded that the USUAL response from people is smiles and cheers.

Smartest advice comes from stackhouse: "Drive Tastefully", and combine with the words from another commenter above here: don't engage.

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

:eek:
    May I ask, which part of the USA you are in (you don’t have to be specific).
    ie:
    Northeast
    Southeast
    Northwest
    Southwest
    Commifornia

:)

kes7u, Lusso123 and jag-oo-r like this.
  15. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I live in an area where exists an odd political nexus, where you realize the political spectrum is not in fact linear, but rather circular. It can be difficult at times to discern a far-right-wing evangelical from a far-left-wing progressive; Both just want to make everyone conform to their own thinking. Likewise, a libertarian can look much more like a communist than most would think possible.

Yes, less than 20 minutes from me (less if I drive recklessly, apparently) is Utah County; the bastion of Christiandom, where everyone is hell-bent on making sure you all follow the same rules they do, because darn-it that's what Jesus would do. (??)

I blame Utah County for nearly ALL of what's wrong with Utah. The feeling of self-righteous, pious indignation that literally oooozes out of the residents who live there is enough to poison the entire state, if we don't actively fight against it. And yes; I'm a practicing Mormon.... ;-)

Back'n'Black, armedferret and IloveGT like this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Probably need to end it here before going too far into P&R. Was just curious about which part of the country you lived. :)

jag-oo-r likes this.
  17. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Haha, I did sorta go off there, didn't I?
    Ha!
    Rocky Mountain West! I live in the Rocky Mountain West! :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

italiafan and Nospinzone like this.
  18. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    But it's a nice change of pace to see a post that's more "R" than "P" ! :)

19. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Agreed, ignore them!

NoSpinZone,
    Right you are about Boston! I was born and raised in Pittsfield and remember vividly driving through the tunnel to get to Logan!

Nospinzone and jag-oo-r like this.
  20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Route 1 Saugus....the Golden Banana, Cabaret, and the Border Cafe.....good times...good times. :)

Nospinzone likes this.
  21. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Oh, brother. My wife is a native of Revere Beach. Her dad was post commander of the Saugus VFW way back when.

italiafan and Nospinzone like this.
  22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    The Hilltop, Kelly's, Landolphi's.

italiafan likes this.
  23. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ignore them. You don't know if the individual has a gun (and might decide to use it) or will ram or scratch your car. It just doesn't pay to engage. Why stoop to their level?

Doc_Dent likes this.
  24. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    "One moment of patience may ward off great disaster; one moment of impatience may ruin a whole life." Chinese wisdom

25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I recall the story when those pesky MIT kids stole the cow statue from Hilltop and put it on the dome at MIT.
    :)

ScottS likes this.