how come no one has posted about jackass Ben Chen yet? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

how come no one has posted about jackass Ben Chen yet?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by ttforcefed, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We’ve heard an opinion from Christ. Can anyone let us know what Buddha, Allah and Krishna have to say on the subject? It should be equally (ir)relevant

Chen is a c.o.c.k. head - no further detailed analysis required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    My question is who the hell insures this guy???

3604u and Boomhauer like this.
  3. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    Probably he paid off nicely the guy with the van so he pressed no charges & did something like that(obviously indirectly) with the DA...money can buy lots of things. Insurance is easy he can put the car on some of his businesses name

4. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Man, talk about bringing back a Zombie thread!

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    with updated posts about the dismissal 2 months ago? stick around, 10+ year threads pop up all the time. :D

tritone and BJK like this.
  6. Percentsign

Percentsign Rookie

Jun 4, 2021
    For why the charges got dropped, the main reason is that the roads were empty. I don't believe the prosecutors were paid off or anything.

https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2015/vat/title-7/article-33/1212

It's kind of a legal technicality, and I'll try to be clear .... But in NY, the reckless driving charge requires that he unreasonably interfered with the use of the road or endangered people. You can't convict someone for driving that is likely to interfere or endanger, nor can you convict for driving that has potential to interfere or endanger. There has to be real, actual interference with the free and proper use of the road, or he had to cause real, actual endangerment of lives. Another person or another running vehicle had to be affected. And as you can see in the video, the streets were totally empty. No pedestrians were affected by his driving (so he didn't endanger others). No other running vehicles were affected (so he didn't interfere with the free & proper use of the road).

I have some experience with this field. I've seen successful reckless driving convictions in the NYC area. In those cases, police usually testify that the reckless driving caused pedestrians to jump out of the way or the driver caused other cars to swerve or stop to avoid an accident. The pivotal detail is that other cars or other people had to be affected by the driving. An empty road = no reckless driving.

By law, what this guy did was really punishable with traffic tickets. He was speeding, he ran some red lights, he made an unsafe lane change, he fled the scene of an accident with property damage. All of those actions are traffic violations, so hopefully the police did give him several tickets at the time.