So you like nice things? | FerrariChat

So you like nice things?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by craze, Mar 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Tell me, as a ferrari owner, do you also find that other aspects of your life you also strive for the best?? Eg food, hotels, clothes, woman? LOL

Or is it purely cars and the rest of your life is in shambles????

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The rest of my life is a mess, work at a dead-end job (McDs), about to be kicked out of my apartment, my wife divorced me, I have child support, and about to go bankrupt.

But I least I can live in my car.

= Win.

All kidding aside, a car is just one more toy. It's all relative. You can have the most miserable person own every Ferrari, and you can have a humble person own a 308 and be on Cloud 9 because of the love of family and friends in his/her life.

Do you ask the same question with somebody that owns a Mansion? It's not the house or car, friend; it's the people in your life.

Reacherman1022, Julia and ZF123 like this.
  3. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LOL thank you for the reply!!!

I am still young and "figuring" out life

For me, I found I always strive for the best, even from toilet paper, through to food, quality and passion is a big part of my life and always has been from a young age.

You know the saying, you can live in a car, but you cant drive a house...

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ues the car as a motivator. However, unless you're a car guy, or tracking and petrol are in your blood, once you get it - nothing changes. The most important thing in life is to have meaningful relationships - to share that Ferrari with.
    Cheers

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Let me be frank, that's most people I know. Some folks I know *really* know themselves. Wife, 2.1 kids, 2 dogs, and the cat is not their cup of tea. I like to think they've been there and done that in a previous life.
    ;)

For those lucky folks - go for it.:)

Rome burned, but damn, what a party.

Island Time likes this.
  6. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    When I was young, I had friends that impulsively bought the best of everything. Today I have a Ferrari. They do not.

alex, RedNeck, jjtjr and 8 others like this.
  7. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    Cars and watches are my ......”things I like to be very nice” ....clothes and other material things....eh, I have some level of pride, but not as high on the “has to be the best” scale. But... my wife made sure the house is up to her standards! :)
    In the end nothing is more important than....a roof overhead, food, being happy, family, good health, and being comfortable in your own skin..
    All else is awesome! But just materials that don’t mean much if the things I mentioned above are lacking or non existent.
    I’ve been blessed with success in my life, and I know it’s cliche... but I’ve told my kids the same thing over and over for as long as I can remember .....and I truly believe it....$$$ does not buy happiness or contentment.

Lusso123, alex, EnzoItaly and 2 others like this.
  8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    You only live once and it's up to everyone to figure out how you want to do it. I like cars, watches, food, wine, history and travel, and yes, I like fine experiences in life... so do it while you can. Reading is probably the biggest pleasure you can have in life - if you cant afford it or cant do it you can always read about it... anything.... to me the worst thing is to be "un interested".

Julia and Texas Forever like this.
  9. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think this was an interesting post!

When something REALLY matters to me, I like to have very high quality. When something isn't that important, I am perfectly happy with lower tier.

When my wife and I travel internationally, we really do it up with Business class air, 4 and 5 star hotels and Michelin star restaurants! When we travel domestically, we stay in average hotels, eat in decent restaurants and rent cheap rental cars.

For my 'FUN' car, I'm thrilled to have my Ferrari. For my daily driver, when I'm not enjoying the drive in any way, I drive a 2014.5 Blue Toyota Camry with 98000 miles. Just doesn't matter to me.

I'm also into home theater. I NEED to have that projector that despite only performing only 10-15% better, costs quite a bit more. For my main family room TV, I'm fine with anything decent that fits in the nook.

Kevin

Lusso123, tomberlin, paulchua and 2 others like this.
  10. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Like Richris1 and spirot, I appreciate my cars and watches, as well as wine

11. mestlick

mestlick Rookie

Jul 26, 2018
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael Estlick
    I like my Ferrari's like I like my women: older, high maintenance, and always on the verge of breaking down.

imahorse, Island Time, Julia and 13 others like this.
  12. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    OUCH!!!!

Kevin

13. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks youve hit the nail on the head?

I feel the same way!

PappyDewBoston, paulchua and kes7u like this.
  14. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Don’t care for pretentious overpriced grub, don’t frequent fancy hotels, fly coach, live in a strictly middle class subdivision, been married 40 years

15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ditto. With the exception that my wife hates to fly, and so when we fly, we fly first-class. If I am flying alone, then I am OK with coach. So, for me, a dividing line is whether it is for me or if it is for the wife, pooch, Ferrari. For the latter, only the best will do!

T

VAF84 likes this.
  16. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ive never really been into 'nice things'

Ive always bought from a very utilitarian perspective.

Ive never owned fancy watches, clothes, furniture, jewelry, homes, electronic equipment, etc. Never stay in fancy hotels or fly first class. As long as whatever it is gets the job done, Ill pick whatever id cheapest.

The only exception is vehicles.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Remind me not to go anywhere with you unless your wife is with us! :D

However, as far as the other's posts about fine wine, I only buy the freshest Two Buck Chuck.

alex and tomc like this.
  18. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That is really an arrogant thing to say. ****ting on something that someone else enjoys is unnecessary. Because YOU don't have an appreciation for it does not make it pretentious. And who is to say overpriced? That last 5-10% of anything is always pricey. No matter what it is.

Kevin

Reacherman1022, Lusso123 and VAF84 like this.
  19. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Believe you me, Paul, you're not the only person who has reached the same conclusion!
    T

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I will bite. I appreciate health the most and to not die alone at the end. Meanwhile, to spend as much time with my family as I can, and drive different cars to grocery shopping. Not too many fancy watches, but I like the one that make me smile. Nice things, sure. But not going to feel I miss out when I don't have them. Money can buy many things but usually not the most important things. The richer you are, the poorer you are. All depends on which is which.

alex and tomc like this.
  21. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Agree with most of what you wrote. But money does buy many of the most important things. Tell that to someone without the adequate means to purchase food, shelter and clothing!

Kevin

IloveGT and MWHC4S like this.
  22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    of course. I know exactly you meant. Didn't mean to come across being sheltered or detached from reality. I meant after all the necessities are met and taken care of. Good call.

AshAP and kes7u like this.
  23. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The world isn't quite the binary that you present.

Also, you need to clarify what you mean when you say "Ferrari owner." There's a world of difference between the guy who owns a F8, the man with the Mondial, and someone with an old 166 in the garage.

As a middle-class Ferrari owner, I've never really cared about anything fancy. But I'm glad I bought the Ferrari, because the people I've met because of it are amazing. The car's just a car. A fun and beautiful car, but just a car.

ScottS, Texas Forever and audi_328 like this.
  24. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have the best of everything that’s important... best wife, best kids, best dogs, best friends

The rest is just stuff. Some of it costs a lot of money and is very enjoyable, but it’s just “stuff” and I could easily live without most of it.

Ok, ok - I would probably be less happy without my Ferraris. But only a bit ;^)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wikdstrate and Nospinzone like this.
  25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Someone likes crappy things?

BMW.SauberF1Team, alex and italiafan like this.