Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    After my second 90 minute drive, all of the above multiplied by 10. It is singularly a monumental achievement.

AD211, Boomhauer, Shack and 2 others like this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I picked my car up from having the PPF installed yesterday. I managed to clock a quick 120 mile in two days. The car is mind-bending. It contorts space and time like no other car I have ever driven. Mind you, I intend to properly run the car in, so I am not really exploring the full power band yet. The lightness, the feeling of chassis solidity, the brute thrust, the steering, the balance, it’s all incredible. And, surprisingly enough, even for a turbo car, it manages to sound like a proper super car should. And, as we all know, it fully looks the part. I really don’t know how this car could possibly be surpassed. If someone could only have one car under $500,000, this would have to be the car. It just would.

of2worlds, JAM1, Shack and 3 others like this.
  3. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #403 Jcmd, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021

Cant please everybody. " a good car, not a great car"--- Ordered STO today.

4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 765 must be experienced. It is revelatory. It is an all out assault on the state of the art in super cars. I am beguiled, gobsmacked and feel fortunate to be able to gain entry into car nirvana. After decades of super car ownership and driving experience, the 765 is the most capable, reigns supreme on every performance parameter but more over, creates an intimate and indelible connection between the driver to the car in a uniquely bonding relationship. The adrenaline inducing driving dynamics reaches deep into the soul and stirs every sensory mechanism in the body. These comments may be viewed as hyperbole, but my words are actually being constrained. The deeply emotional chord engendered by the 765 has forever changed my perception of the impact a singularly special car can evoke.

JAM1, Thecadster and ScrappyB like this.
  5. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I like the STO and while similarly priced with the LT and considered to be in the same segment, these cars are quite simply in different categories of performance. I expect the STO will feel like a sharper version of the Performante and deliver an incrementally more intoxicating soundtrack.

The LT simply takes your breath away with its obscene acceleration and overall rawness. One needs to experience it to truly appreciate the level of thrust it generates. It’s just mega.

Coincid previously owned a Performante (and F8) and just had his first taste of his LT. Perhaps he can share his views. (Edit: I see he just did).

Gh21631, Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #406 Coincid, Mar 21, 2021
    The 765 will not be the choice for everyone. It is hyper immersive, raw, unfiltered and emotionally intense. It is not a 610-4, F8 or 720S refined, comfortable or relaxed.The very firm suspension will reveal every irregularity of a road’s surface without mercy. Egress and ingress is difficult and requires some dexterity. The 765 demands driver attention and due to minimal insulation, the external environment forms a partnership with the car’s interior. The steering is sublimely direct and very tight. Some may prefer a lighter touch. The engine note can be obtrusive. It is voluminous and will impede on phone conversations and music listening.

Gh21631, Shack and Thecadster like this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I currently own a Performante (for going on 41 months) and I have an STO allocation (just need to finalize my spec, which is taking forever). Both those cars are incredible, and certainly worthy of any collection, especially one that favors end of the NA era ICE cars. That said, the 765LT might actually check more boxes. All are great cars, it just comes down to application. For all out thrust that feels like a jet engine, there is really only one. Like Coincid mentioned, it truly has to be experienced to be understood.

8. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    First principle is not to exceed 400 K ( Aventador territory). Second is not to go overboard and be overwhelmed by some hideous accents, and color schemes that are available. All carbon on the exterior was a must (21K) and the lift system 4k. . Could have done magnesium wheels but the color is not right. Base is 327838.00 The verde selvans paint is 14k. (VERDE Mantis is 19k!!! ). Why STO...im addicted to the soundtrack, all the shortcomings of my first Huracan which i still drive is fully addressed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

F2003-GA and Thecadster like this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    ^^please reconsider the red accents ^^

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I was thinking the same thing....love everything else except the stickers

Spider68, F2003-GA and Boomhauer like this.
  11. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    I am hoping or expecting the STO to be a great match vs the 765 LT on a track. The Performante is 16 seconds faster than 720S in the Ring, if it handles better, the hp deficit will be less of a problem. The 765LT is a dragster for sure esp that they changed the gearing vs 720S
    STO will loose here for sure.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Who ran the 720 on the ring? I know mclaren doesn’t run ring times.

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    unfortunately, the stickers are needed to distinguish STO from the pack. I did not like the chicken wish bone front aero splitter and thus made it black rather than in any contrast color. Other option is black diamond stickers but then could not justify red colored calipers.

14. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #415 Jcmd, Mar 21, 2021
    Christian Gebhardt | Pirelli P Zero Corsa ..notice how twitchy it handles vs Performante on board views

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    easy to remove, they are stickers

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Just my personal opinion— green and red don’t work well for me. It’s too christmassy. You can just do the STO on the side if you want to distinguish but for me- less is more to a this car. I love your primary color of green but I’d go black or find a co complimentary color for he green. JHMO

Jcmd, Boomhauer and ScrappyB like this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Got it. Ty. The Perf was designed as a track rat- 720 was not. Would be curious to see how 765 does in his hands.

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    the philosophy is contrast and in the color wheel , red is the maximum contrast color vs green.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t mean to put my desires on your car. If it works for you by all means go for it. It’s just not my cup of tea. Im sure it will be stunning when it arrives.

Ferrari addict, Jcmd and Boomhauer like this.
  20. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree. I’ve got an STO slot and a 765lt spider. Looking forward to the Lamborghini, but having had a 720 (for three years now) I’m genuinely excited about the LT. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, these cars are alien tech. It’s hard to wrap your head around what they’ve been able to achieve. What a great time to be a gearhead!

Boomhauer and SoCal to az like this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It appears the 720S with P Zero Corsas did a near identical lap time as the Performante did with Trofeo Rs at the Ring. Put Trofeo’s on the 720S and it should lap quicker.

Performante: 7:08
    720S: 7:08

Also worth noting Gebhardt’s times in RS’s:

GT2RS: 6:58
    GT3RS: 7:05

Jcmd and Thecadster like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Reducing the 765 LT to a single track time or a reviewer's opinion is doing yourself a great disservice. Without actually experiencing the 765, you cannot comprehend the paradigm shift this car represents. It is an order of magnitude in a higher realm of performance than anything in its class. Mclaren has taken the concept of a quasi race car that is legal for the road to its ultimate conclusion. The end of the all ICE era is going out in spectacular fashion.

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #424 Coincid, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    If anyone thinks the 765 is simply a modest upgrade of the the 720s will be massively mistaken. The capabilities and driving dynamics of the 765 is a quantum leap over the 720. The 2 cars could not be more divergent on every level both subjectively and objectively.

Boomhauer and Gh21631 like this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Jcmd likes this.